Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Kevin: I’m bringing all prayer petitions here to the procession of our Blessed Lady in Limerick. They will be included in the recitation of the Holy Rosary this evening. God bless the ICRSP.
- MrsMacD: For CD who hasn’ ;t practiced her faith in years and has terminal cancer. For SM who seems to be more and more relativist and modernist and doesn̵ 7;t seem to really believe her...
- lgreen515: Jesus Freak̵ 1;I am a career consultant . I will do what I can to help if you will message me at lgreen515@ gmail.com. No charge. Lynn
- supercooper: I’ve been thinking about practical steps which can be taken to reform the Church. I think we should reinstate minor orders for married men, and possibly abolish children serving...
- JesusFreak84: Still can’ t get a job, and very rarely am I even making it past “pho ne screens, 8221; not even getting to actual interviews . It’s been 2 years since I lost my...
- Semper Gumby: Anita Moore OP (lay): Thanks for the additional details. There is a dual biography, which I have yet to get to, titled “Kol be and the Kommandant : Two Worlds in Collisi...
- knute: https://ww w.apostoli csistersof saintjohn. com/ My wife was previously a member of the contemplat ive sisters, who share a plot of land near the apostolic sisters. During a visit last year...
- robtbrown: Attachment to Scripture and Tradition is disordered . Attachment to homosexual inclinatio ns is not disordered . Fair is foul, and foul is fair. Hover through the fog and filthy air . ....
- tominrichmond: I’m not sure it’s hard to figure out which latest papal effusion can safely be ignored. The pope’ ;s job is pretty limited: pass on what has been received. If...
- SemperServusDei: Praying the traditiona l Brevarium Romanum, weekly Eucharisti c adoration, and the daily meditation s in “Divine Intimacy” are my main anchors in the storm. And of course knowing...
- R. Gregory: Missionari es of the Word are GREAT!! http://www .missionar iesofthewo rd.com
- Fr Martin Fox: It amazes me that Father Rosica actually wrote that, and then left it in the article. He can complain all he likes about people being mean to him, with repeated rebukes about ̶...
- RosaryRose: Amen Father Z!. Being Catholic is a way of life, not just a service to attend on Sunday. (Happy Feast of the Assumption to all, btw!!). Do not fear! God knows what is happening to us....
- Gabriel Syme: I echo what Kate says above and would recommend The Sister Adorers of the Royal Heart of Jesus, who are part of the Institute of Christ the King. http://www .institute -christ...
- LatinMan: Agree with the Gold Star Poster above. At first, this kind of a thing could distress me, but now I just shrug it off. Not because it isn’t bad, but because it seems par for the course for...
- Argument Clinician: The Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus are a great active order. They run a high school for girls in Saint Louis that has consistent ly been one of solid Catholic formati...
- Bthompson: https://ww w.sisterso fmarymc.or g Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church, (of the Diocese of Spokane, Wa). Amazing and holy women. They share a common origin with the Marian Sisters of...
- MrsMacD: Dear LeeGilbert , If it’s any consolatio n at all, we haven̵ 7;t owned a television for the 16 years we’v e been married. There are few good things to be gleaned from...
- LeeGilbert: Fr. Z , you growl, “Grrr… then MAKE A HOME LIFE.” Well, we did that 35 yrs ago, principall y by throwing out the TV. Practicall y as a direct result, we had a home life. What were we...
- Fr. Kelly: Dear Reader, My heart goes out to you in your search to follow Christ as his bride. It can be truly difficult to find the order that He may be calling you to. Fortunatel y, it sounds...
- Lurker 59: ~LeeGilber t Yes, it is hard because we know the price that might be paid by piping up and saying “Why don’ t we say our rosary now… ” The “no& #8221; that...
- Kathleen10: He found a way to use the word “dis ordered 221; against us. Those words “dis ordered inclinatio ns” pertaining to themselves , is so annoying to these men, and as...
- surritter: Imrahil — Of course I agree with you that sexuality is not a man-made construct. The end of my post was meant to clarify the sarcasm. But specifical ly, the person who put quotes...
- BetsyRheaume: Sisters of our Mother of Divine Grace. https://ww w.sistersm dg.org/ The sisters were part of an order in Washington State that wasn’ ;t in communion with Rome and they left and...
- jeb0001: @JonPatric k, the K2 kit is amazing but rather involved. I have one as my main rig and it works great. Make sure you have a good iron, good solder, and wick with flux on hand if you decide...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- AN OPEN APPEAL TO THE CARDINALS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ASK FATHER: Your questions weigh heavily
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “I now have doubt about sorting the doctrinal from the papal opinion.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Faithful, active women religious. Where to go?
- Insightful observation about Pope Francis – UPDATES!
- St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, ham radio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Beans in a bottle, and Beans in a bubble.
- A Tale of Two Churches
- Your Good News – Mass for Benefactors
- Non-Catholics and Catholics alike wonder about changes to CCC 2276 on death penalty
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATE: Photos of seminarians Solemn Mass
- PODCAzT 165: Liturgical battles lost and won… and lost; don Camillo (Part X)
- Super creepy poster for “gay” conference reveals agenda
- Controversy over the Holy Father’s substitution of CCC 2267 continues.
- Omnium Gatherum: Francis falling, beans in flasks, Fishwrap’s Defarge, sexual abuse by nuns
- ASK FATHER: Invalidly married niece coming to visit with husband. What to do?
- ASK FATHER: Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy – “Young priests would like to know more…”
- “Association of the Lord’s Body with the needs of our bodies, and of his Blood with the needs of our souls…”
- “Twelve priests celebrated the traditional Mass for the first time during…”
- Archd. BOSTON – @bostoncatholic – Seminary and Cathedral
- WDTPRS – 19th Ordinary Sunday: trusting audacity and harrowing consolation
- US Navy and China faceoffs – disturbing
- The Goat Rodeo Continues: correction of French text of CCC 2267
- Vigil and the Tears of St Lawrence
- VIDEO Interview: Bp. Gainer of @HBGDiocese about Traditional Roman Rite and vocations
- PODCAzT 164: Open Letter From A Young Priest To Bishops
- Tradition is about to be totally cleared ‘cleared through customs’
- UPDATE: How I feel right now.
- Special message, prayer from Card. Burke for @fatherz readers and others
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: ADVENTCAzT
UPDATE: I link to the correct audio file now. SORRY!
Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 30, for the Octave of Christmas, New Year’s Day.
This is the final podcast for Advent/Christmas. Thanks for listening.
Today, Joseph Ratzinger helps us start the new year. He get’s … Continue reading
CHRISTMASCAzT 2017 29: Family in charity, not diversity, tolerance, inclusivity, sensitivity, choice …
Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 29, for Sunday in the Octave of Christmas, the Feast of the Holy Family in the Ordinary Form calendar.
Sister Lucia, the long-lived seer at Fatima, told the late-Card. Caffarra (R.I.P.):
“A time will come when the decisive battle … Continue reading
Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 28, for Saturday in the Octave of Christmas.
Fulton Sheen talks about being loved by God while Benedict explains our great procession towards Christ in the persons of the Magi.
One bit of music today is from the Christmas … Continue reading
Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 27, for Friday in the Octave of Christmas, commemoration of St Thomas Becket, martyr.
Fulton Sheen talks about the personal YOU moment with God. Augustine of Hippo serves us some wake up coffee.
Today we hear an Arabic, Byzantine … Continue reading
Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 26, for Holy Innocents in the Octave of Christmas.
G. K. Chesterton helps us remember that Christmas is more than just Christmas Day. And Joseph Ratzinger has something to say about taking things for granted.
Have some merry little Mystic … Continue reading
Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 25, for St John the Evangelist in the Octave of Christmas.
Pius Parsch helps us to understand why we have the feasts of Sts. Stephen, John and Holy Innocents in the Octave.
Today we hear a snippet from the … Continue reading
Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 24, for St Stephen in the Octave of Christmas.
Today, Fulton Sheen and Joseph Ratzinger mention the ox and the ass.
May I now suggest that you order up your discs of CHRISTMAS CAROLS by the Benedictine of Mary, … Continue reading
Here is ADVENTCAzT 22, for the 4th Sunday of Advent which is the Vigil of Christmas.
Tomorrow is Christmas Day.
Alfred Edersheim, a 19th century Jewish convert and Biblical scholar, teaches us something amazing about the place of the birth of the … Continue reading
Here is ADVENTCAzT 21, for Saturday in the 3rd Week of Advent.
Two days left! Sunday is Christmas Eve Day.
Both Joseph Ratzinger and Fulton Sheen talk to us today. Hard to beat.
Today we hear the singing of the Benedictines of Mary, … Continue reading
Here is ADVENTCAzT 19, for Thursday in the 3rd Week of Advent.
Help the Benedictine sisters whose music is often featured in these podcasts. They need your help before the end of the year. HERE SUPPORT THEM!
Today we hear from Benedict XVI … Continue reading
Here is ADVENTCAzT 18, for Wednesday in the 3rd Week of Advent.
Help the Benedictine sisters whose music is often featured in these podcasts. They need your help before the end of the year. HERE We hear them sing to us … Continue reading
Here is ADVENTCAzT 17, for Tuesday in the 3rd Week of Advent.
Help the Benedictine sisters whose music is often featured in these podcasts. They need your help before the end of the year. HERE
Today we hear about Mary from Thomas … Continue reading
Here is ADVENTCAzT 16, for Monday in the 3rd Week of Advent.
Today we have a poem about Advent by Christina Rossetti.
Fulton Sheen and Card. Sarah help us to deal with severe challenges.
Help the Benedictine sisters whose music is often featured … Continue reading
Here is ADVENTCAzT 15, for the 3rd Sunday of Advent.
Joseph Ratzinger instructs us about true power.
Some of the music used today: HERE
Have some Mystic Monk Coffee and have a listen! (Be sure to update your coffee ordering link!)
These 5 minute offerings are a token … Continue reading
Another in my series of short daily podcasts to help you prepare for the upcoming feast as well as for your own, personal, meeting with the Lord.
Here is ADVENTCAzT 13, for Friday 2nd Week of Advent.
Fulton Sheen talks about the … Continue reading