Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Father G said A large variety of birettas as well as other headw...
- JBS said I’ll order a copy when and if it becomes ava...
- amymev said http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spanish-Biretta-Vestment-f...
- Nicholas said Politicians= devils and/or clowns Yes, they are re...
- VexillaRegis said Dear wmeyer, yes it is ( if there are no impedimen...
- Marianna said Just ordered a copy on Amazon UK, and apparently w...
- JPManning said Bought it through your link. Thank you for defend...
- Antonin said “Evangelical pastor Rick Warren is among 48 signat...
- Magash said The marriage of two unbaptized people is valid mar...
- acardnal said I’m guessing that the Steam Pipe Trunk Distr...
- John Nolan said When Benedict XVI celebrated Mass in Westminster C...
- wmeyer said So given the examples by VexillaRegis, if two unba...
- aviva meriam said Weird Question: would it be arrogant/offensive/pre...
- Belgian Catholic said It alos works if you just right-click on the video...
- marthawrites said I LOVE the angels, consider them to be one of God&...
- Belgian Catholic said In fact it has been removed from all links on yout...
- Stephen McMullen said Hi. And I notice a lot of priests, well, I think...
- Belgian Catholic said And it’s been also removed from here ! http:...
- Belgian Catholic said This was the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...
- Belgian Catholic said The video “We are catholic” wich ment...
- CAR said Someone should release another version of “Lost in...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Anna 6, Many of the signatories of the open l...
- MAJ Tony said Sang the Michaelmass last evening, Ordinary Form,...
- Alice said Long, long ago, in a galaxy far away little Cathol...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said C. M. Almy (yes, I know they episcopalian) makes b...
- Spade said And EOTT once again proves themselves the best in...
- Dialogos said Re. the sudden interest in the Orthodox approach t...
- McCall1981 said So, Kasper’s snarky interview comes out righ...
- AngelGuarded said Was it Saint Peter who said “spare no expens...
- Magpie said There is an annual Toy Mass at a parish in Ireland...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ¡Hagan lío! Taking HIM to the streets!
- Card. Kasper gives YET ANOTHER interview to America Magazine and an Argentinian daily
- ONE MORE DAY 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
- Multiple sins of the NETWORK nuns exposed
- “Bitter clash”? In your dreams, liberals.
- ASK FATHER: Baptizing aliens who burst into flames from water. No. Really.
- Give a little thought to the “what ifs”.
- Of Our Lady of Walsingham, Our Lady of Ransom, and a prayer
- Suggestions for your donations to good Catholic causes
- VIDEO: TLM at “Dome of Home”
- St. Pio and the Smell Test
- Pope Francis to change the name of St. Peter’s Basilica
- OKLAHOMA CITY: Reparation, adoration of Christ VICTOR after sacrilege, blasphemy, evil
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: On the road
I begin a too short road trip today.
First, stop – St. Paul, because I need a hair cut. Actually, there is a meeting of my literary group. We are, this time, reading Richard Wilbur.
I like driving trips. I listen … Continue reading
As my time here in Louisville draws to a close, I want to share some shots of the beautiful altar cards we used at the Solemn Mass.
The nice lady who makes these and has the little cottage industry SPORCH (sometimes … Continue reading
I am off again.
However, before dashing to the airport, we had ourselves a Pontifical Mass at the Throne for Our Lady’s Feast.
Before Mass the bishop consented to consecrate a new chalice, which was then used for Holy Mass.
Yes, we need … Continue reading
The zoo like boarding process is underway.
And so I settle in for a few (hopefully) boring hours to my connecting flight.
I am reading American Sniper on this leg.
It was a great conference experience. I met lots of great new … Continue reading
Last evening ended by talking long into the night over cigars and adult beverages.
With the morning we are back at it. I had a chance to break the fast this morning with Bp. Michael Barber of Oakland. He has a … Continue reading
I am at a breakfast sponsored by Catholic Extension. Archbp. Kurtz is taking about it. He explained that it was its goal to have church in every county in these USA. They have built over 12000 churches. They now give … Continue reading
I arrived last night in Napa for the Napa Institute conference. I got here, despite the interference of Pres. Obama. I digress.
The digs are elegant, the weather, perfect. I know quite a few people, since there is some cross over … Continue reading
I am in Chicago… well… north of Chicago.
Yesterday, I visited for the first time the campus of Mundelein Seminary, the University of St. Mary of (by?) the Lake. As part of the visit I was able to see some of … Continue reading
Home again, home again… is how the rhyme goes, I believe.
Last night Acton U closed up. Over 1000 people came from over 60 countries. I am always amazed by the diversity of the participants. The other days I was reading … Continue reading