When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- Venerator Sti Lot said discens writes, “In fact, morally speaking,...
- Dr. Eric said Happy Anniversary, Fr. Z! Ad Multos Annos!
- Fr_Sotelo said You have fought the good fight. You have run the r...
- Giuseppe said Here’s the best analysis of the decreased pe...
- Venerator Sti Lot said KateD, A fearful thought, tinkering with the gene...
- Venerator Sti Lot said For some more Echternach, here is a documentary, “...
- Nancy D. said Denying that God Is The Author of Love, Life, and...
- Elizabeth R said Ad multos annos!
- iPadre said Ad multos annos Pater Zed!
- iamlucky13 said @ Venerator Sti Lot “disturbing their hormon...
- clarinetist04 said Living in western Europe is a challenge from a fai...
- acardnal said Congratulations Father. Multos annos. Thanks for...
- St. Rocco said Happy Anniversary. I miss him too. Often when he...
- benedetta said Ad multos annos Father. I wonder on the relic pa...
- Inkstain said Happy Anniversary Father, and many happy returns o...
- Suburbanbanshee said Happy anniversary, Father! Ad multos annos!
- benedetta said Assuming one manages to avoid being aborted and co...
- Suburbanbanshee said Giuseppe – I’m sure they made a bullet...
- Former Altar Boy said Happy anniversary, Father! God bless you, and tha...
- Nat said Our family started celebrating Pentecost with an a...
- Maldon said This touches on a topic that is so utterly importa...
- chantgirl said My husband worked with many Muslim men at one of h...
- St. Rocco said JustaSinner says: is it time to call for a New Cru...
- St. Rocco said You’ve got it. I think some of your brothe...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said JustaSinner says: is it time to call for a New Cru...
- JustaSinner said Father, is it time to call for a New Crusade? If...
- wanda said Congratulations, Fr. Z. Thoughts and prayers for...
- KateD said iPadre & Kathleen 10- Martyrdom is the easy wa...
- Kathleen10 said Congratulations and Happy Anniversary, Fr. Z.! T...
- KateD said In the article one of the bullet points asserts,...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail
- Ordination Anniversary – VIDEO
- Jihad Brides
- Of the dropping of rose petals
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Tuesday – the protection of our hearts
- WDTPRS: Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself (1962MR)
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Brick by Brick: A priest says first public Extraordinary Form Low Mass
- Let this be a warning to all of us!
- Damian Thompson on the Irish Betrayal
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Challenger Edition
- 3rd Glorious Mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Netflix’s “Daredevil” is Catholic
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday (2002MR): Our holy selvage and our salvation
- ASK FATHER: Can a penitent “release” priest from Seal of Confession?
- ASK FATHER: The timing of announcments in the Novus Ordo
- INTERNET PRAYER: CZECH and SERBIAN
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- ASK FATHER: Getting waxen “Agnus Dei” from schismatics
- ASK FATHER: The proper way for women to wear a chapel veil?
- ASK FATHER: Latin deacons in Eastern Divine Liturgy
- ASK FATHER: Can’t find a confirmed godparent within the family
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig Edition
- Rome – Day 5: Galleries and Lessons
- Mass for Benefactors
- ASK FATHER: Funerals for those who commit suicide
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: On the road
Time to go home after my ordination trip to KC, MO.
During this trip I saw Bp Robert Finn ordain the son of a friend of many years, who was on the staff of the Catholic Forum in Compuserve, back in … Continue reading
I changed my socks at the Steam Pipe Trunk Distribuition Venue and am now on the way to KC, MO.
The son of a friend of many years is being ordained to the priesthood, Deo volente, tomorrow.
And so I take to … Continue reading
I completed all my tasks except one and I am on my way home.
Zipping to the airport we had a couple last sights.
The church in which I was ordained a deacon.
This is also where we had the Pontifical Mass … Continue reading
This morning I started in the Galleries of the Palace of the Doria Pamphilij. It has been years since my last visit.
I got the audio guide, which was sprinkled through with charming accounts of family history by one of the … Continue reading
Yesterday we wandered around and saw a few churches in the Ghetto part of town.
On the way we visited one of the “Talking Statues”.
And nearby there is one of the fountains set up during the time of … Continue reading
This morning I had an important errands to the Augustinianum to finish off a couple things I am working on, then I rambled to Ss. Trinità where there was to be a Pontifical Mass at the Faldstool for the Sunday … Continue reading
This morning I was back in the library for another round. I think one more morning out to do it for me.
Meanwhile, on my way to meet folks for lunch I went by a favorite bookstore. You … Continue reading
I am in Rome for some research. Happily I’ll meet with friends too.
Last night we went for some supper… as one does.
A view during the stroll home.
This morning I walked by two of the famous “Talking Statues”.
A … Continue reading
I’m on my way to FCO from ORY.
This afternoon, Mass at SS. Trinità and then a serious Roman supper.
Then the work begins.
Traffic was chaos at the Porta Capena and there is a demonstration at P.za Santi Apostoli… situation normal. … Continue reading