Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Mrs. G said I’m a couple of years older than Gracie, and...
- robtbrown said Reconverted Idiot says: Oh dear, what a load of le...
- vetusta ecclesia said I think (from memory) that Cranmer had the felicit...
- Mike said Regarding a pre-Mass public Rosary, Father Z notes...
- exNOAAman said … By next year he’ll be pastor of a cardboar...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said I like “vicissitude” for that word. I...
- Andrew Saucci said I certainly see lots of cause for suspicion here....
- Robbie said Like many things we thought had been put out to pa...
- Supertradmum said The icons were fantastic. So much art is then sold...
- Ivan said Grateful to be Catholic says: The “seemingly usefu...
- Supertradmum said Excellent and timely, Father. Book, please, with a...
- Ben Trovato said Father, I’ll have a shot at that and let yo...
- jhayes said Here’s a photo published in 2004, showing t...
- Prayerful said Maybe iconoclasm, more like vandalism. Fr Rutler s...
- Grateful to be Catholic said The “seemingly useful link” that seeme...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Ben Trovato says: Sunday readings, or weekdays as...
- Ben Trovato said Father, Are you looking for Sunday readings, or we...
- But Father! said As a point of law and Catholic ethics (neither of...
- lmgilbert said Young lady, make more videos! You know what you a...
- anj said Very troubling. I had hoped we had seen the last...
- lmo1968 said My grandmother had a wonderful assortment of hats...
- APX said Slainewe, Men do NOT have authority over women. Hu...
- DFWShook said I LOVE the remark about women wearing veils are a...
- OrthodoxChick said Polycarpio, “Getting my age ticket stamped....
- Tradster said “?inculcating a silent and recollected atmos...
- Ttony said Father, if you read http://ccfather.blogspot.co.uk...
- skvie5738 said This video is a much better evangelization tool th...
- Mike said @blessedtolivenow: Praying for a safe and uneventf...
- gracie said I get a little nervous when I hear a girl saying t...
- Mr. Screwtape said If anyone would like a button, please contact the...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
- UPDATED: Of “rubber bullets”
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
- USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
- ASK FATHER: Ways to improve celebration of Mass with Novus Ordo
- A note to bloggers and to those who register
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: On the road
As my time here in Louisville draws to a close, I want to share some shots of the beautiful altar cards we used at the Solemn Mass.
The nice lady who makes these and has the little cottage industry SPORCH (sometimes … Continue reading
I am off again.
However, before dashing to the airport, we had ourselves a Pontifical Mass at the Throne for Our Lady’s Feast.
Before Mass the bishop consented to consecrate a new chalice, which was then used for Holy Mass.
Yes, we need … Continue reading
The zoo like boarding process is underway.
And so I settle in for a few (hopefully) boring hours to my connecting flight.
I am reading American Sniper on this leg.
It was a great conference experience. I met lots of great new … Continue reading
Last evening ended by talking long into the night over cigars and adult beverages.
With the morning we are back at it. I had a chance to break the fast this morning with Bp. Michael Barber of Oakland. He has a … Continue reading
I am at a breakfast sponsored by Catholic Extension. Archbp. Kurtz is taking about it. He explained that it was its goal to have church in every county in these USA. They have built over 12000 churches. They now give … Continue reading
I arrived last night in Napa for the Napa Institute conference. I got here, despite the interference of Pres. Obama. I digress.
The digs are elegant, the weather, perfect. I know quite a few people, since there is some cross over … Continue reading
I am in Chicago… well… north of Chicago.
Yesterday, I visited for the first time the campus of Mundelein Seminary, the University of St. Mary of (by?) the Lake. As part of the visit I was able to see some of … Continue reading
Home again, home again… is how the rhyme goes, I believe.
Last night Acton U closed up. Over 1000 people came from over 60 countries. I am always amazed by the diversity of the participants. The other days I was reading … Continue reading
A bit of a round up from last night. We had as our evening speaker, after supper, Andy Crouch. Afterward, a little pack went for adult beverages and discussion of the burning topics of the day.
This morning it was a … Continue reading