HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gab: The rose-gold, black and silver combinatio n will look stunning. And the blue/gold patterned done in a black/silv er will by outstandin g. Good choices, Father.
- TRW: What you say makes perfect sense, Fr. Fox.
- Charles E Flynn: This is what Father is avoiding by making use of his own cooking skills and his knowledge of local sources for ingredient s (admittedl y an extreme example): Outrage as restaur...
- AureEntuluva: Just exploring, sampling, and learning about all that cheese and charcuteri e could probably keep me occupied a while. And real Italian espresso! Although if it is true that Italian...
- Julia_Augusta: Thank you for posting food photos. It is indeed less expensive to cook for yourself, especially when there are so many different kinds of fresh vegetables in the market (did I see...
- Charivari Rob: Charles E Flynn, around these parts (Boston) the plumbers 8217; union might have a priest – if not on the roll, at least as a chaplain. They do have some interestin g members...
- Diana: I think both sets are lovely!
- JamesA: Always good to see you back “hom e”, Father. My goal is to eventually see the Eternal City in some Pilgrimage with which you are associated . Thank you so much for the benefac...
- Semper Gumby: This topic raises two questions: Is patriotism virtuous? What about not only military service, but combat service? Fr. Z has a Podcazt on Patriotism and Fulton Sheen. Here is some of...
- carndt: Thank you for exposing your readers to Daniel Mitsubishi . I have two of his works in our home. St. Patrick and his 5 x 7 Virgin and Child. His research and knowledge regarding ancient...
- semperficatholic: I love the Novena!
- Fr_Sotelo: Hell knows not the fury of an ex-priest who is obsessed with the Church treating him as a jilted lover. What’ ;s next after abolishing the priesthood ? Abolish religious life?...
- Antiquorum: Both options look gorgeous! I’m partial towards the alternativ e set. Love the use of your arms on the chasuble. The church has such a wonderful heraldic tradition. I wish we...
- teomatteo: “ 230;but for me the moment is a life markerR 21;. More like a soul darker. I pray he finds his way back
- Charles E Flynn: First Things has an excellent rebuttal. Thou Art a Priest Forever, by Paul Mankowski, S.J.: https://ww w.firstthi ngs.com/we b-exclusiv es/2019/05 /thou-art- a-priest-f orever The...
- ChrisP: The problem is not that Carroll views the Church as an NGO, but that Pope Francis, Spadaro and so on and so forth do. Just look at the flumbustib le emissions they pronounced over Matteo...
- Charlotte Allen: Carroll is a sad sack with father issues. His father was an Air Force general highly placed in the Pentagon while his son was protesting the Vietnam War and doing the hippie-...
- HibernianFaithful: Nothing is more intolerant than a tolerant Pro(RE)gre ssive\libe ral\fascis t\socialis t\Democrat (but I repeat myself) Nothing in more uneducated than an educated Pro(RE)...
- Grabski: If he left the Priesthood why does he think it’s a big deal to stop going to Mass?
- Benedict Joseph: This pathetic individual has long been off my screen. He’s still whining and screaming. What ever point he is attempting to make falls on deaf ears. His element in the Church...
- Charles E Flynn: Aside from the worthless article, the cover illustrati on showing what appears to be a cathedral coming apart is in poor taste, considerin g the recent fire at Notre Dame. To its...
- SanSan: That’ ;s good Father, keep smiling! I like the purple/gol d brocade! Thank you for the Masses. I really need them!
- JustaSinner: So, another future Satan’s Little Minion. How quaint. And he has SO MUCH to add!
- carndt: My vote is for the fabric you’re leaning towards. Absolutely beautiful. Secondly, thank you for your prayers for us as you celebrate Mass. Know that many prayers are offered for you.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: W2LJ: Wow. Yes, I would like to do that. However, it is in the clutches of someone – a layman – who has little to do with anything. He is not very responsive , I...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- NEW FROM MITSUI! Our Lady Untier of Knots
- Stupid angry lib (I know, tautology) at The Atlantic against priesthood
- Rome Day 1-2: Views, fabrics and eats
- My View For Awhile: All Roads Edition
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Easter: The prayer’s very word order reveals God’s love
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: QSL Cards and some firsts
- VIDEO: Diaconate Ordination of the the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter @CSPOrd
- Donations, PayPal, alternatives, and you
- Irish Ass. of Catholic Priests in toddler meltdown mode against Francis over no women deacons
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Thursday: ZedNet, my first pile up, and remote from GITMO and… Vatican City?
- GERMANY: Pro-women’s ordination group: “We want to take Mary off her pedestal”
- What’s up at the southern border of these USA
- Lib liturgy positivists force people to stand after Communion
- Student ‘steals’ pro-life sign on camera, gets arrested, but she’s the victim!
- Benedict XVI’s recent essay is a subtle correction of Amoris laetitia ch. 8
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- NEW BOOK from Martin Mosebach – Subversive Catholicism: Papacy, Liturgy, Church
- ASK FATHER: The TLM’s Orationes Diversae and Oratio Imperata
- Historic chasuble rediviva
- MULTIPLE CMEs ARE COMING – GEOMAGNETIC STORM UNDERWAY NOW
- The shortage of priests didn’t just happen by itself, it was engineered.
- 14 May – St. Paul, MN: Argument of the Month – SSPX
- Day 8-11 – NS Guantanamo Bay: Homeward, delayed and GITMO colors
- “Don’t bite the priest!”
- ASK FATHER: Lutheran service more reverent than the Sunday Mass
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Can lay people assist with sprinkling rite and give homily?
- “Meno chiacchiere… più processioni! … Less chattering … more processions!”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Category Archives: Pope Francis
At Crisis find analysis by Richard A. Spinello of Benedict XVI’s recent explanation for The Present Crisis. The writer says that Benedict has, between the lines, criticized Amoris laetitia. I also, a couple says back, saw a piece arguing that … Continue reading
From Vatican Insider: Papa Francesco bacia i piedi ai leader del Sud Sudan: basta guerre Il Pontefice in ginocchio davanti al presidente Salva Kiir e ai vicepresidenti designati del Paese africano che dovranno avviare a maggio un nuovo governo: «La … Continue reading
Two videos of Francis at Loreto, where the Holy House is venerated. First, the whole Mass Francis celebrated… ad orientem. Take careful note of the dreadful music, with which Italians are regularly afflicted. Mass starts at about 14:00. No concelebration. … Continue reading
At Crisis today, there is a no-holds-barred piece in the wake of the seriously disappointing Rome “summit” that concluded recently. Jonathan B. Coe is the author. Understanding and Combating the Francis Effect This is a brutally blunt offering. The first … Continue reading
Run, don’t walk, to Crisis…. NOW! Francis Allies Reveal Their Plans for Revolutionary Change HERE Read the whole thing. Take careful notice of all the links in the text. Discuss. Moderation queue is ON.
The Islamic/Catholic Fraternity document has caused a stir. I wrote about a neuralgic point in it, yesterday, and some people had a spittle-flecked nutty. There is more to say about that document. I’ll get to it again, soon. I suspect … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father, I’ll get straight to the point: I’m having difficulty believing that the Pope is the head of the Church. I know that regarding the past heresies Popes were often negligent in carrying out their duty to oppose error, … Continue reading
I must say that Francis hasn’t lost his penchant for springing surprises. Yesterday was the annual audience with the Roman Curia for their exchange of Christmas greetings, etc. The “etc.” has also in years past included a couple of … Continue reading
Perhaps you have the same reaction that I have. One of the things that provokes in me the worst sort of anxiety is being told that something is up, but not being told what it is. For example, you are … Continue reading
Run, don’t walk, to read James Kalb’s piece at Crisis entitled: “The Pope as Supreme Being”.
If AP is to be believed about anything having to with the Church or with Francis, AP has an interesting tid bit about Francis’ present trip to Lithuania. First, remember the great photo of John Paul II by Grzegorz Galazka? Now … Continue reading
From the Twitter feed of the author of The Dictator Pope. 1) IMPORTANT NEWS: my sources confirm that Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally. As everyone knows, Archbishop Viganò went into hiding after his … Continue reading