Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Mike said Whatever happened to the Latin-to-English translat...
- Phil_NL said On another note, since a 4 year old (and younger)...
- Phil_NL said Well, a 4 year old that receives proper and age-ap...
- Rachel K said Totally agree that the four year old should be bap...
- VexillaRegis said Welcome home! May I just comment on the baptism. A...
- Matt R said Gregorius, that would have been some form of an in...
- Mike Morrow said “Are we looking for 1965? If so, this seems...
- LeslieL said Please pray for a very special intention for a you...
- andia said Some of the hours seem to be at hours when most fo...
- kpoterack said bposullivan said: “. . . 21 of the 26 will h...
- Ioannes Andreades said It’s important not only to emphasize what th...
- Venerator Sti Lot said chuckharold says, “Research also shows that...
- Mojoron said As an annulled Catholic who rarely went to a Catho...
- danhorse said I doubt that Cardinal Burke is as up in arms as pe...
- New book on marriage an essential | iPadre Catholic Podcasting said [...] read the whole post here. Share this:ShareEm...
- Lin said “[Struggle with it. For a while. Then let's...
- OrthodoxChick said Are we looking for 1965? If so, this seems to be...
- TawdryPenitent said All I know is that my “Old Farmer’s Al...
- PA mom said Pannw- what I read quoted Pope Francis as suggesti...
- Siculum said The only artifact I know I have from this time per...
- UncleBlobb said I thought today was Ember Wednesday, so I “o...
- bposullivan said If I counted right, the synod membership announcem...
- fr. Jordan said All I can say is: Parce Domine; parce populo tuo!!...
- Kathleen10 said I guess the position of door porter wasn’t o...
- Amateur Scholastic said Pray, people, but don’t fret. The gates of h...
- The Cobbler said Thoughts on the content from Crux: Pope defies the...
- msc said [Not here: Robertus Bellarminus, in Latin]: So tha...
- Mike said Mhazell, Great; thanks!
- dmwallace said Just noodling on some theological matters that I h...
- acardnal said Assuming the rumor comes to be a fact, there are a...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
- The very definition of cognitive dissonance
- St. Pat’s Parade: homosexuality, yes – pro-life, no
- TEOTWAWKI? Double blast CME heading towards Earth.
- Déjà vu from Card. Kasper and Jesuit-run Amerika Magazine
- The hard truth about marriage, mercy and Eastern “oikonomia”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Pope Francis
The other day the Holy Father Pope Francis witnessed, during Holy Mass for the Feast of the Exaltation of the Cross, the marriages of a passel of couples, some in some irregular situations. Leaving that aside, there was one thing … Continue reading
An alert blogging priest out there wrote to me this morning…
Is Pope Francis reading Fr. Z’s blog?
What would all this be about?
He linked to a summary of Pope Francis non-magisterial fervorino for a weekday Mass (HERE) in which he said:
“One … Continue reading
UPDATE 30 Aug:
In yet another proof that liberals have a nasty streak a mile wide but no sense of humor, Michael Sean Winters at the Fishwrap posted a snarky attack on both me and on Cardinal Burke.
Let me spell this … Continue reading
Auctores scinduntur… authors are divided on the pontificate of Pope Francis.
He is, undeniably, popular. However, we read in The Week, based on Pew, that despite Francis’ marvelous showing in the polls, as high as 83% favorable, the view many people … Continue reading
At The Spectator there is a must read piece by Damian Thompson for anyone who is puzzled about what Pope Francis may be up to, especially in regard to the Roman Curia.
Here is an excerpt with my emphases:
As a Latin American … Continue reading
During the presser on the airplane returning from Korea, the Pope spoke of the role, rather the “institution” of Pope Emeritus. He also spoke of his own death.
Keep in mind that some time ago I predicted that Pope Francis, now … Continue reading
I recommend prayers for the Holy Father and members of his family. Some of the Holy Father’s relatives were killed in an auto accident in Argentina.
According to police reports, the car was being driven by the pope’s nephew, 38-year-old Emanuel … Continue reading
If you want to, you can read the full transcript of Pope Francis’ presser on the airplane as he returned to Rome from Korea. HERE
The issue of Iraq came up. American journalist Alan Holdren (Catholic News Agency/ACI PRENSA/EWTN): asked His … Continue reading
While the Holy Father’s possible visit to Philadelphia for a congress on the family has been hedged about with cautious language, today we have greater clarity about what Francis wants. From NBC:
Pope Francis Tells NBC News He’ll Pay Philadelphia a … Continue reading