Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Matamoros: As I recall, this is the same Card. Müller who railed against Bp. Williamson , refused him to say mass in his diocese and stated that anyone who was against the judaizatio n of the...
- Elizabeth D: Maybe I’m the only person here who owns a printed copy of that document “Gui delines for the pastoral care of the road” ;. I have a Catholic Truth Society edition of...
- richiedel: Fr. MartinR 17;s biblical illiteracy is so glaring, it should disqualify him from having any sense of influence in matters Catholic, let alone Christian. The premise that fasting...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: Excerpts from an article posted by Brother Joseph, SFO (Secular Franciscan Order), on his blog, “Sai nt Francis SpeaksR 21; on Jan. 27, 2010 (SaintFran cisSpea...
- MissBee: Father, I really needed to see this. Thank you. I also struggle with memories from my previous life and it’s a difficult penance.
- MrsMacD: And Our Lady of Revelation in Rome. She specifical ly talks about this Pope. Pope Pius XII approved this apparition , it’s an extension of Fatima. There is a great series about her...
- roma247: Father Z et. al., please allow me to beg your pardon. Yes, I did think, but obviously my thoughts were muddled by my frustratio n and I went a bridge too far. I do not seek to excuse...
- Thomas: Great article! A sense of humor is crucial in these times!
- Ellen: One of my fellow teachers in RCIA always tells the class that God is a merciful God but He is also just so it behooves us not to do stupid and sinful things and if we do, we need to go to...
- Johann: God bless Father Murray for not being afraid to tell the truth and ask hard questions.
- frjimt: truly, right here in penna̷ 0; we had a brother priest, fr mike, 64, say his prayers, Holy Mass & sat down and died… ; a sudden, but not unprepared , journey 230; it was a...
- quovadis74: Hello Fr. Thompson. What about the use of the Liturgy of the Hours OP by Lay fraternity members? I’m a permanent deacon recently admitted into the Fraternity and I feel compelled to...
- Semper Gumby: Helpful Quaeritur. Amen to Forty Hours Devotion and Leonine Prayers. Suburbanba nshee: Thanks for going medieval with your comments, interestin g. From NLM, “By Nothing but...
- hwriggles4: I do know that if a man does not have an inkling to be a mentor, a helper, or a guide to other men (and women), he should not be ordained a priest. Men who would make good fathers are...
- LeeGilbert: FWIW, Today for the second day in a row I arrived early for 7AM Mass and there in the semi-darkn ess a priest was saying the old Mass, the Tridentine Mass, begun at 6AM. When I asked...
- chantgirl: It is natural to feel lingering guilt over confessed sins which have hurt others in a grave way. Ask anyone who has endured abuse, or has had an abortion, or has suffered from the...
- rcg: Oh, I think he did and is scared witless of it. Remember there was more than one Mary at the foot of the Cross and the one that discovered that The Tomb was empty was a person just like this...
- semperficatholic: When people talk about the “end times̶ 1; I just remind them that every second of the day it is the end of time for a lot of people. They die and their end has come just...
- Mark Windsor: This was very helpful to me personally ; immense gratitude toward the author.
- mbarry: Thanks, Jon Patrick. I ordered two Campion missals today. Sanctamiss a.org has a tutorial of sorts, it turns out, so I will probably just try to grind it out by attending once I get the...
- un-ionized: Miss Anita, I’m not in favor or moving priests around much but I have been in a parish where there was a cult of personalit y expressed in a poisonous system of favoritism ,...
- Dismas: @Gab – Three generation s of Catholics have been successive ly neglected and spirituall y abused for the false show of the Zeitgeist. I too see much of my own life in there. The world...
- Benedict Joseph: God’s grace is manifested in the soul who wrote this letter. They have absorbed the great truth contained in the Cross. This person has claimed the pearl of great price.
- SanSan: And I thought I had it bad when the priest started a “nam e that tune” ; during a homilyR 30;… Mea culpa watching the “wav e” made me so sad… .. Jesus...
- teomatteo: Seeing that elderly woman- on the first video- standing up to do the Wave reminded me of something my liberal sister-in- law said. The thanksgivi ng dinner we had right before the new...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Should we pray for or against the success of the Synod?
- What passes for important today.
- YOU are other people. It’s always someone else… until it’s YOU.
- ASK FATHER: Are we are in the End Times?
- Fr. Murray’s Open Letter to ex-Card. McCarrick. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Cri de Coeur about lost innocence and The Present Crisis
- Card. Müller: “the real danger to today’s humanity is the greenhouse gases of sin and the global warming of unbelief”
- Thoughts on fatherhood and how priestly identity is undercut by short terms as pastors
- More Jesuit idiocy – BUT WAIT! There’s more!
- Henry Sire: “Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally.”
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ
- ASK FATHER: Can a Dominican Tertiary priest use the Dominican Rite?
- Lay Rage in Chicago, Mary Eberstadt takes names, and Fr. Z rants
- There are more than one “lavender mafia”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
- We are all, I think, striving to understand how we got to the point where we are.
- ASK FATHER: What should we do for Ember Days?
- UPDATED – ACTION ITEM! 10 year old’s fundraiser for a Pregnancy Care Center
- At end of youth meeting, no Apostolic Benediction from Francis.
- Francis to clergy, seminarians, religion in Palermo: “Clericalism… one of the most difficult perversions”
- UPDATE: 15 Sept: Seven Sorrows of Mary, Mater Dolorosa, Queen of Martyrs – Queen of Clergy
- @BishopZubik announces traditional practices for @DioPitt
- Bits and pieces
- WDTPRS – 24th Ordinary Sunday: Does it make any difference to offer prayers to God?
- Videos and hi-res photos of the Consecration of the Abbey and Abbess of Gower
- UPDATED Mary, Queen of the Clergy holy cards with Daily Prayer for Priests – AVAILABLE!
- Of Friday and festive penitential Pesto fit for a King
- BOOKS RECEIVED: A hard look at Francis in Spanish by Argentinian author
- 14 Sept: 11th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Thank you, Benedict XVI!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: D. Tulsa
Sometimes a blending of Catholicity and pop-culture can produce cringe-worthy results.
I have to admit that when I saw the headline for this I winced. But as I read on, I thought it was pretty darn good.
‘This is my light … Continue reading
As you may have heard, some nitwits have scheduled use of a public venue in Oklahoma City for the purpose of a Satanic Black Mass. It is unclear if they have a consecrated Host.
This is, I think, mostly a sophomoric … Continue reading
From a priest:
I am a young priest in the Diocese of ….. A number of months ago you posted from a conference on exorcism you attended in Tulsa. In one of those posts you said something to the effect that … Continue reading
I think the world of Bp. Slattery of the Diocese of Tulsa. He initiated a liturgical renewal in the diocese, he has been supportive of the Clear Creek Monastery, he sponsored workshops for exorcists. A few more bishops like this … Continue reading
We had a presentation this morning, and some truly useful Q&A, followed by lunch.
Now I’m happily homebound for a few days in the SPTDV.
I warmly recommend this particular conference on exorcism to all priests and only those few others a … Continue reading
First, some tools if the trade.
That’s just a little exorcist humor.
Today we are looking more closely at angelology.
Angels and demons ARE REAL.
After taking in my recording of Downton last night via my Slingbox and DVR back at the Steam Pipe Trunk Distribution Venue, I crashed and slept the sleep of the dead. Now, refreshed, I am at the conference. I have … Continue reading
I am in Tulsa! There is a conference for priests on exorcism sponsored by the Diocese and Bp. Slattery which I have wanted to attend for the last three years.
The evening began, however, with sung (Novus Ordo) vespers in the … Continue reading
Recently His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke visited Clear Creek Monastery within the Diocese of Tulsa, which the wonderful Bp. Slattery reigns:
Once again the Te Deum Institute of Sacred Liturgy, in Tulsa, OK, is sponsoring a workshop for priests on Exorcism, Angelology, Demonology.
I will remind you that Tulsa is where the outstanding Bp. Edward Slattery reigns felicitously. He has done a great … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Edward Slattery, Bishop of Tulsa, has issued his statement about Pres. Obama’s attack on the 1st Amendment, on religious liberty, and on the Catholic Church.
He provides also a video.
He calls the mandate “evil”.
I was delighted that … Continue reading
For the second year, the Diocese of Tulsa is putting on a conference for priests… priests, not lay people… on the Rite of Exorcism in the Latin Church, which will include also study of the Extraordinary Form, pre-Conciliar Rite. The … Continue reading
Happy Birthday to Bp. Edward Slattery of Tulsa, OK! His Excellency turned 71.
We have featured His Excellency on this blog several times. None, however, was more memorable than his stunning sermon at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington … Continue reading