Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- GM Thobe: For a handful of family intentions . And the grace to deal with the outcome.
- Therese: MrsMacD, we have a sweet granddaugh ter who prays it for the same reason. ;-)
- Joe Hebert: Is there any way to find the texts they are singing?
- John Grammaticus: for the nibbles I’ve been getting on my CV to turn into a job
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Please pray for the soul of my mother, who died three years ago today.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- UPDATE: “the finest rosaries I’ve ever seen” with a new site
- ASK FATHER: St. Gertrude’s Prayer and releasing 1000 souls from Purgatory
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- When tweets become problematic
- 4th Letter from Archbishop Viganò
- 14 January – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Standing on altar to change sanctuary lamp.
- ASK FATHER: Feasts of new saints in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Good points in Lawler’s recent book: The Smoke of Satan…
- Two cordial warnings to readers
- ASK FATHER: Excessive pious gestures during Mass
- WDTPRS – Holy Family (1962MR): Families not of blood
- ASK FATHER: Can we use the Breviarium Romanum published by the SSPX?
- FOLLOW UP on Gluten and Celiac post
- ZMIRAK: Hawaii Sen. @maziehirono Is Right. We Must Intern the Knights of Columbus in Camps
- ASK FATHER: Gluten-free madness the work of the Father of Lies?
- Of desecration of liturgy and identity. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- NEW BOOK from William R. Forstchen. “Sauron’s Eye” is about to kill everything on Earth.
- Fun about a box of stuff, a papal tomb and ancient reading glasses (“cheaters”)
- BOOK RECEIVED
- ASK FATHER: “I’m seriously considering adopting some form of sedevacantism”
- ASK FATHER: Advice about homeschooling and High School
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Ready for the Epiphany Blessings
- The Party of Death, having a party at the 116th Congress
- An Argentinian bishop on Communion in the hand
- Beans reveals his self-interest
- Marble machine
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Norcia
As we navigate The Present Crisis, let us not forget that there are wonderful things happening, too, by the grace of God and by fervent elbow grease. Isn’t that how we are meant to carry out our vocations? Grace and … Continue reading
We have to support our good religious orders, especially the newer communities. Today I read about a solemn profession at Norcia, in Italy, where there is a great foundation of Benedictines (including not a few Americans). You might recall that … Continue reading
At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald I saw two stories side by side. First, the sad tale of the purposeful demolition of a large church in Germany for the sake of expansion of coal-mining. HERE Sad photos … Continue reading
I received a note from the Benedictine Monks of Norcia, in Italy. They are still dealing with the aftermath of the horrible earthquakes that shook the region, bring down their ancient church and other buildings in the area. They make … Continue reading
News from Norcia! I warmly urge you to visit their site, check out their donation page, and consider joining their beer club. Speaking of beer, be sure to look at what they have going … below. Dear friends, In moments … Continue reading
Lifted from NLM. Go over there to see the photos, etc: The 2017 Norcia Summer Theology Program of the Albertus Magnus Center for Scholastic Studies, “Divine Power in a Hidden Way,” will be starting up in a month’s time: July … Continue reading
News has come from the monks of Norcia. They have a huge challenge ahead as the rebuild. Please support them. They are a rock solid, worthy cause. Some times it is hard to know if your monetary support is … Continue reading
I have good news and bad from the wonderful Benedictine Beer Monks of Norcia. You know that Norcia was flattened and that the monks have really had to scramble and adapt. This note came in their recent news: While there is … Continue reading
For the sake of a wider audience, the latest from the Benedictine “Beer” Monks of Norcia, where the terrible recent earthquakes changed, and ended, lives. […] All of Norcia is the same; it’s like a war zone. There are military … Continue reading
Just as I got up today, everything started to sway around. I was feeling the strong 7.0 earthquake that struck just a few kilometers from Norcia. One text I received said that it was felt as far away as Salzburg, which … Continue reading
UPDATE: A reader sent email: Wednesday Oct 26, according to my Theosis devotional (from Eastern Christian Publications in Virginia) is the Commemoration of the Great and Fearful Earthquake, Constantinople, 740. For what it’s worth. ___ Last night, 26 Oct, I felt in … Continue reading
I am reading Card. Sarah’s new book “The Power of Silence: against the dictatorship of noise”. It is profound. What a tonic for the confused pabulum we are getting from… elsewhere. I got a note from the Benedictine monks of … Continue reading
CLICK HERE To donate CLICK HERE
UPDATE: Dom Cassian Folsom has some reflections on the earthquakes which shook the monastery at Norcia. HERE UPDATE: For the time being, the monks of Norcia have moved down to Rome and are at the Benedictine community on the Aventine … Continue reading