"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- majuscule said How about: “Guinean Cardinal Robert Sarah st...
- Joe in Canada said And let us pray for Mr Bean, that he come to know...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said My copy is sitting on my wife’s nightstand....
- oldcanon2257 said excalibur says: Meanwhile, there apperas to be a...
- truthfinder said The curia needs to be reformed, but this just soun...
- TNCath said Maradiaga is perhaps the most dangerous man in the...
- Emilio said A little more on topic, I’m very grateful fo...
- MouseTemplar said Just as I was praying for an “alms project...
- Emilio said Maradiaga as an active member of the Curia? Heaven...
- jaykay said Ah ahm sheurked, Fadderh Zay, sheurked…
- Kathleen10 said I had a cause I headed up recently, an historic bu...
- Siculum said Moderator of the Curia? Like a typical/garden var...
- Charles E Flynn said Here is a perspective on the papacy that looks bac...
- Kathleen10 said I’m surprised he couldn’t buy his way...
- Philippa Martyr said Quote No 1: “Terry Bean is a highly respect...
- wanda said Amateur Scholastic, I coudln’t agree more....
- juergensen said No big surprise. The connection between homosexual...
- Robbie said Edward Pentin reports Cardinal Robert Sarah is lik...
- Traductora said The Pope is already functioning on the Obama level...
- disco said Julian- Liberals don’t think like that. You&...
- Kerry said Oncorhynchus mykiss…? No, Eptatretus stouti
- Julian Barkin said Father, this isn’t a very effective strategy...
- JBS said As long as there’s a good man at the CDF and...
- Robbie said Sometimes, you think you’ve seen or read it...
- HighMass said Supertradmum says: I still stubbornly expect Burke...
- arickett said Nice to know that TLM bishops over step there auth...
- CruceSignati said Praise the Lord! I have my reasons to be joyful to...
- Per Signum Crucis said For the principal Masses in the principal churches...
- rcg said Two minor and very late comments: Alton Brown sa...
- robtbrown said Excalibur, That strong-armed attitude of liberal...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
- Courageous Priest ACTION ITEM!
- PARIS – Day 4: Le déjeuner sur le Musée d’Orsay
- Card. Burke – off the leash – in Ireland
- PARIS – Day 3: Winged Edition
- VIDEO: Figuring out this pontificate
- It’s time to build camps! Dangerous illegal immigrants invading!
- 22 Jan 2015 – Washington DC – Pontifical Mass for Nellie Gray, March for Life
- PARIS – Day 1 & 2: at a snail’s pace
- Seal of Confession holds even after penitents die
- JUST TOO COOL: Who knows what happens to your lost stuff!
- A brief glance at articles analyzing the Pope Francis and Card. Burke saga
- My View For Awhile: R&R trip
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: vocations
The USCCB released survey results of the 2014 class of ordinands (from Latin, ordinandi, or “men to be ordained”). HERE
82% were altar boys
73% attended adoration of the Blessed Sacrament regularly
Suggestion to parish priests… heck… let’s include bishops, too:
If you want to … Continue reading
It seems to me that if we want to see an increase in vocations to the priesthood and religious life, we have to start praying more specifically about what we really want and about what we are willing to give.
For … Continue reading
Watch the libs have a spittle-flecked nutty about this one!
I see that at the Cathedral of the Diocese of Trenton, where Bp. David O’Connell reigns, there is a group called the “Guardians of the Altar”. This, according to the diocesan … Continue reading
In light of my post about the 20 year high in vocations to the priesthood in these USA, I received this:
Thank you for your Blog.
I saw the article you posted on the increase of Priestly Vocations.
Thanks be to God.
I am … Continue reading
There is a video interview on Wall Street Journal about a new book which explains that vocations to the priesthood are at a 20 year high.
The interviewer is surprised! She wanted to know if the Church be being more progressive. … Continue reading
At Rorate I saw something (translated there from Italian) from the blog Radicati nella fede, for the Catholic community of Domodossola and Vocogno in the Diocese of Novara.
This is a cri de coeur, if there ever was one.
My emphases … Continue reading
Since there is a great deal of liberal hooting at the latest women religious, LCWR, Bus-Nun type goat rodeo, let’s turn the clock back a bit and look at something at Religion and Politics about the Nashville Dominicans.
The article is longish, … Continue reading
From a reader:
Diocese of Albany is asking all Mass attendees to participate in ritual of extending our arms and praying and blessing the priest who just said Mass. Part of their “Called by Name” vocations pitch. I didn’t hold up … Continue reading
Friar by friar.
Here’s something to cheer the heart.
The Official Studentate Photo for the Dominican Province of St. Joseph
These are the men in the Easter Province of the USA.
Vocations. It’s not rocket science.
Speaking of vocations…
… how about supporting even more … Continue reading