I get zillions of e-mails every day.
Many people want me to post this or write on that.
Some tips for writing.
If you want me to look at something, then please:
- Provide the text
- Provide the link
If I have to go hunting for it, I will move on to something else.
Providing the text in a usable format is the best way to send it.
If you send photos, please:
- Do not embed them in the e-mail
- Send them as attachments
Also, keep it short.
If by the second paragraph I don’t know what your point is, I will move on.
Before you send recent news, check to see if I have already posted about it.
- I won’t help you with your school homework: I already did that.
- I see your e-mails as invitations to read: I try, but I don’t feel obliged.
- I find it in my inbox and it’s mine: I can do what I want with it.
- I won’t help you name your baby or pick a confirmation saint: pick a saint’s name, spell it normally, and go for it.
- I don’t want your junk mail too: I get enough.
- I don’t know why you had the dream you did last night: over the last two nights I have spent time playing Mahjong with Chris Wallace and fighting the Aliens. Why? No idea.