What we learn from the internet.
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- hwriggles4 on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “Father made some good points at Sunday evening Mass at 1700 hours. One was about making time for prayer and…”
- hwriggles4 on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “Bishop McButterpants would have a heart attack if he visited the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist in Michigan.”
- V_Podsnap on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “These must be the sisters who refer to themselves as nunny bunnies.”
- BeatifyStickler on FOR SALE: “TWF. Going to have to disagree. The diocese of Vancouver is on the verge of financial collapse. Some reverent Masses…”
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on Daily Rome Shot 701: “My take. White to move 1. Re8+ if 1. … Rxe8 2. b3+ and black’s queen is lost if 1.…”
- redneckpride4ever on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “Ecological center? Given the age of these nuns, along with the hugs, smiles and Buddhist speaker… I suspect one of…”
- Liz on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “It made me cry, the sermon on Sunday. Partly, that was because it was my newly ordained, transitional deacon son…”
- giveglory on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “Really love following the adventures of Bishop McButterpants. Thank you so much for sharing!”
- Julia_Augusta on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “Santissima Trinita dei Pellegrini was packed for Passion Sunday. I arrived 15 min before Mass and barely found a seat.…”
- WanderingConvert on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “Father encouraged everyone to go to Confession. Good turnout, too. NO mass. Some of the statues were too high too…”
- Gregg the Obscure on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “1830 Latin NO AO. First time i’ve seen this particular parochial vicar at this Mass. he is also a Scripture…”
- TWF on FOR SALE: “BeatifyStickler: Not coast to coast. We have plenty of reverent NO Masses in Vancouver (including at the cathedral where Latin…”
- Charivari Rob on POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023: “TonyO, I’d say one or two logical possibilities were missing. My experience was “didn’t have time to go looking” —…”
- Fr. Reader on FOR SALE: “Many would see this as something good and necessary: get rid of this old medieval stuff. They are places for…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 36: Wednesday Passiontide – There are only two camps
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent
- Daily Rome Shot 703
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 35: Tuesday Passiontide – When the hour comes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images
- Daily Rome Shot 702
- FOR SALE
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 34: Monday Passiontide – Repent and live!
- POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Lent: Liturgical death throes
- Daily Rome Shot 701
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 33: 1st Passion Sunday – Passiontide begins
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 32: Saturday 4th Week – Annunciation
- MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?
- Daily Rome Shot 700
- “Only what is true can ultimately be pastoral”.
- 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home
- Daily Rome Shot 699
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 31: Friday 4th Week – Dead but rising
- Daily Rome Shot 698
- Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 30: Thursday 4th Week – Eternal death and YOU – CORRECTED
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 29: The Ancient Mid-Point
- Daily Rome Shot 697
- VIDEO: Glimpses of Forty Hours
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian
- Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again
- Daily Rome Shot 696
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
This is very true lol, a lot of people use wikipedia for nearly everything, but anyone can go on there and enter anything they want about a subject even if it is total nonsense and possibly millions of people will read what is wrote and take it is as a fact.
If I see it on my computer screen, it must be TRUE!
It is the same thing with newspapers, magazines, and television. Hey, if it is in the NCR (Reporter) you know it must be true.
(Apologies to John Allen of course.)
Darn those loose editing standards at Wikipedia! Such an obvious error.
Everyone knows there’s no such thing as sky gnomes. Gnomes are creatures that walk on the ground. Obviously, the blue sky is painted by pixies and fairies – beings that can fly!
So, we see on the internet “don’t trust everything on the internet”. Should we believe “don’t trust everything on the internet”? (A Cretan says “All Cretans are liars…”)
This is not a logic problem, since it wasn’t the internet saying, “Trust NOTHING on the internet.”
Much junk, some worse than others, is on the internet, but it is also very useful. And, sure, Wikipedia gets deserved grief for its inaccuracies, but it can be really useful, too. Besides, do you believe everything in Encyclopedia Brittanica?
I think the problem is Trolls rather than gnomes…
My husband was watching an interview with Sarah Palin. I was on the internet. He called out to me: what is Chilli Mouse? I typed it into the search engine and out came the recipe. Since we are in Oz there is no chance of getting a moose to try out the recipe, however we are not keen to try it anyway. The internet is a good place to find recipes that you do not like.
I meant to type moose not mouse!
Habito in internet, ergo sum.
Perhaps. It seems to me that the cartoon is either an assertion “Do not trust what you find on the internet” or an assertion “Do not trust what you find on the internet when it does not pass general standards of truth-testing.” While the latter proposition is more nuanced, I am not sure that the cartoon includes those nuances. In any event, I agree my first comment was too hasty.