Thanks for the support you are giving to the Wyoming Carmelites by buying their coffee. How is your coffee supply these days? Br. Java tells me their Jingle Bell Java blend is almost gone.
Also, thanks for using my Amazon links and the search box on the sidebar for your online shopping.
I have many people (including you “lockstep sheep and papist throwbacks“) to thank for kind gestures, notes, greetings for Christmas and New Year, and much needed support of prayers. They include:
Last part of 2011:
JdR, PMF, CS, RB, MFJ, BB, HM,JR
MR, LS, EMcG, AR, MQ, DG, BB, WH,
PP, MH, APLE, PS, VdG, EC, JP, SA,
KM, DEP, MR, MH, RB, ML, JB, MK, JL,
GF, MH, AM, MJ, JS, AR, KA, MF, JB, MJC,
PM, SW, WK, SG, RR, JD, EL, CdF, MJC
HE, MH, WH, KB, MF, DMcA, DB, LS, ER, and (just minutes ago) CB.
I will say Mass for the intention of my benefactors on Saturday morning.
Some donations were large and some small. Every one of them was helpful. Some of you have set up recurring monthly donations. Deep gratitude for that! That also insures that you are often on my list when I say Mass for my benefactors. You can find that button/box at the bottom of any blog page. I often wonder what would result, with the large readership we have here, were just half the readers to send $1 a month (or more… I don’t want to restrict anyone’s freedom). Also, the “Get a Mac” fund is still making slow progress.
Heartfelt thanks to everyone who sent books from my Kindle wishlist and other items from my regular wishlist. I don’t always know who you are because the packing slips don’t always include your names. It is boost each time something arrives. I pray for you and I hope you will pray for me as well.
The most recent acquisition was a gift from KBM: Harry Potter and the Paganization of Culture by Michael D. O’Brien (author of Father Elijah and most recently The Father’s Tale, etc.). This book has shifted my thought about the whole Harry Potter thing. Not wholly, but somewhat.
At random, I also have Constantine by Paul Stephenson and Patriots by James Wesley Rawls and God’s Secret Agents: Queen Elizabeth’s Forbidden Priests and the Hatching of the Gunpowder Plot by Alice Hogge. And many others.
An outstanding read is D. Vincent Twomey’s Pope Benedict XVI: The Conscience of Our Age: A Theological Portrait. I think every priest and seminarian – and JOURNALIST – should have this. It requires that you are pretty well-read, but anyone willing to take the time will gain a lot from this book.
I am looking forward to digging into Fr. Paul Mariani’s new biography of the late, great Ignatius Pin Mei Card. Kung: Church Militant: Bishop Kung and Catholic Resistance in Communist Shanghai. It looks really good and there is a Kindle edition.
I love my Kindle! And it was a gift from one of you readers.
Here are posts which have been scrolling.
- Concerning a certain spoon
- Criminal serving time with monks begs to be sent back to prison
- News and urgent request: Pray for Archbp. Brown!
- Still amusing, but it’s an old story.
- National Catholic Reporter’s Sr. Fiedler upset by the new Ordinariate
- When we are detained, at least we’ll be held “on common ground”.
- Epiphany Collect: transformed by the beauty of Your sublime glory
- QUAERITUR: Joining the Polish National Catholic Church
- QUAERITUR: Children “playing Mass”
- QUAERITUR: Can the new Lectionary be used with the Extraordinary Form?
- Lessons for surviving in the Church
- The resignation of Bp. Zavala
- QUAERITUR: Can a priest ad lib the intro to the Lord’s Prayer?
- REVEREND FATHERS! Epiphany is coming: We have special blessings we can use!
- QUAERITUR: Is Epiphany 2012 a Holy Day of Obligation for those who attend the Extraordinary Form?
- Votes matter
- The “gravitational pull” and market forces
- Dr. Peters about Michael Voris, RealCatholic TV and the Archd. of Detroit
- CBS: SNAP’s David Clohessy Could Face Jail Time
- Reader Feedback: we helped prevent a sacrilege
- Fetal cells integrate into a mother’s body with important positive effects.
- The Patristic angle of the new Ordinariate
- QUAERITUR: Genuflecting before a tabernacle
- BENEDICT XVI’S PRAYER INTENTIONS FOR JANUARY 2012
- Alan Colmes remarks about Rick Santorum’s child; Santorum’s remarks about marriage
- QUAERITUR: Priest scandalizes religious ed students by disobedience.
- WDTPRS POLL: “Blesséd” or “Blessed”
- QUAERITUR: Why were the candles in echelon instead of in a line?
- Share buttons
- Dealing with McBrien on the new, corrected translation
- Another way to get Father’s attention!
I am thinking about a blog overhaul soon. Some updating and changes have to be made.
Lastly, please use my little “share” buttons for Twitter and Facebook, etc.