SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Prayer request for an amazing priest blogger
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 17th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O.: 25th) 2023
- Daily Rome Shot 803
- LONG LOST AUDIO of funny Latin speech about how Latin is spoken with different accents
- Daily Rome Shot 802
- Daily Rome Shot 801 – PORT in a storm and poem on “walking together”
- Card. Müller advises Bp. Strickland of Tyler NOT to resign.
- Concerning Tolkien
- Daily Rome Shot 800
- September Ember Days
- Daily Rome Shot 799
- Card. Sarah wrote about Joseph Ratzinger and Sacred Liturgy… has the article been “cancelled”?
- The Synod on Synodality (“walking together on walking togetherity”) tackles the problem of its own CO2 emissions
- Daily Rome Shot 798
- Daily Rome Shot 797
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 16th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O.: 24th) 2023 – 3rd Sunday in the “Season of Creation”
- Adventures in Sunday Worship: St. Anne’s and the Season of Creation
- Daily Rome Shot 796
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-09-07 – Annual priest convocation
- Daily Rome Shot 795
- WDTPRS – 16th Sunday after Pentecost: We need grace so as not to fail in the vocations God entrusts to us
- 15 September: Feast of the Seven Sorrows of Mary – The “Our Lady of Sorrows Project”
- Daily Rome Shot 794
- REMEMBER! There’s only ONE expression of the Roman Rite. You can’t have your Vetus! It’s all Novus! All the time!
- Clarifications clarify the clarity of the clearness clarified.
- Card. Müller calls the October Synod (“walking together”): “the great hour of manipulation”
- Daily Rome Shot 793
- Fr. Antonio Spadaro, SJ, leaves La Civiltà Cattolica to become “Under-Secretary” at Dicastery for Culture and Education
- 14 September: Exaltation of the Cross and Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thursday 14 September – a good menu choice – BASIL PESTO
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 6 January 2012
REPOSTING: For the second year, the Diocese of Tulsa is putting on a conference for priests… priests, not lay people… on the Rite of Exorcism in the Latin Church, which will include also study of the Extraordinary Form, pre-Conciliar Rite. … Read More
From a reader: Praised be Jesus Christ! I was recently told (by someone who heard from someone else) that in order to bear the title “Virgin”, a Saint would not only have been kept from all physical sins of impurity … Read More
A few people asked me today via email about the validity of a baptism wherein someone used the hand of a dead person to pour the water, someone moving the hand. A rare scenario, of course, and one that is … Read More
There was a great sun dog which I was able recently to enjoy. Today I saw a lone Common Redpoll! They haven’t been around for a couple years. It is nice to see a new visitor from time to time. … Read More
“Let yourselves be touched by God’s unrest, so that God’s longing for man may be fulfilled.” The Holy Father’s sermon for Epiphany and consecration of bishops. My emphases and comments: Dear Brothers and Sisters! The Epiphany is a feast of … Read More
The list is out. I was pleased to see that one of my profs from the Augustinianum was on the list, though he is over 80, Prosper Grech, OSA. Trappé never had the red hat. I was sad that good … Read More
REPOSTED: I have a warm request and two new items. This is from VIS, and it has two points of great interest. My emphases and comments. PAPAL MASSES FOR EPIPHANY AND FEAST OF THE LORD’S BAPTISM VATICAN CITY, 5 JAN … Read More
I have been contemplating the buzz about the Consistory, which will more than like be announced today (6 Jan, Epiphany). My admiration for Pope Benedict is pretty obvious, I should think. That said, when I think about composition of the … Read More
From a reader: During week day Masses the priest at our parish sometimes has no server. In this circumstance he obviously has to go to the credence table himself to get the gifts. After pouring the water and wine into … Read More