- First off is the wine to be consecrated have to be red and how much wine poured into the chalice is enough to make it a valid mass?
- One of my priests told us if they don’t pour enough wine in the chalice it is not valid?
- One time we saw a priest put no water in the wine? Did we still receive Jesus?
I like emails with single questions, so I will be brief.
1) No, and there is no minimum amount. However, too little and you run the risk of dilution when even the small amount of water is added. See THIS.
2) That isn’t a question, but I think you mean something about the amount of wine being an element that determines validity. No. That is NOT the case. See #1.
3) If everything else was performed sufficiently by a validly ordained priest, then probably YES, you did. Not adding water is a serious liturgical abuse, but it doesn’t invalidate.