My View For Awhile: Adventure Edition

Off I go again, happily not for conference or speech but for adventure and vacation.

Meanwhile, I haven’t said much about the papal voyage.

Here’s a comment.

This morning a friend alerted me to the fact that Raul Castro gave His Holiness a crucifix made with boat paddles of migrants dead in the Mediterranean. Perhaps the Segreteria should give Castro one made of paddles of fugitives from his regime who were eaten alive by sharks.

UPDATE:

It is of interest that large men are consistently aware of the space they occupy and take pains not to knock in the head every person in the aisle seats.

A couple rows away, with strong sibilants and up-talk, from a guy:

“OMG you too? That’s why I never wear white on airplanes anymore. You get home just covered with spots!”

Nearby a guy has town open what I make out to be his fifth… no… sixth packet of cookies. For that crunchy breakfast I guess.

And then there was the drama of the spilled coffee in the row behind me.

UPDATE:

In the club online for a bit.

The train is stuck in place today.  People have to hoof it.  Happily my next gate is close.

Meanwhile…

A guy was shouting down his phone.

“At the time I didn’t know that taking that money was a felony in Wisconsin!”

UPDATE:

Boarded and bored.  Nice guy next to me and, so far, an empty seat between!  Fingers crossed.

747-400 today.

Please share this post!

This entry was posted in On the road, What Fr. Z is up to. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to My View For Awhile: Adventure Edition

1. tgarcia2 says:

I need to fly on DL more often, but I like WN. It’s where I work so I have that bias lol

Is that Love Field?

2. SaintJude6 says:

Ha ha! My husband travels a lot for his work, and he will send me texts from airports and planes, including what people are saying (remember when people didn’t air their dirty laundry in public?) and wearing. Shocking. Ladies, one word: Undergarments! Think ahead and realize you will be reaching up to put your baggage in the overhead compartment and possibly bending at the waist. And also, LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS. Say no to spandex for travel attire. Men: Just because you forked over good money for those tattoos does not mean you have to display them at all times. And if you haven’t also forked over good money for a pedicure, do not wear flip flops or mandals.

3. MWindsor says:

The connecting airport looks very familiar. I feel like I had a six hour layover there, but I just can’t place it.

4. SKAY says:

Have a wonderful time and a safe trip, Father.

5. Veritatis Splendor says:

Do I see “The Priest is Not His Own”? I finished it for the first time yesterday!

6. Mary of Carmel says:

Father, it makes me feel good that you are finally on a vacation trip. You need the rest after surviving the travel in close quarters on that airplane…

“At the time I didn’t know that taking that money was a felony in Wisconsin!”

Isn’t it amazing how nonchalant people are in speaking embarrassing information on their phones?
    Now, if we could just convince them about the way they dress!!!! (Eeeewwwww!)
    Have a restful trip!