SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Wow… just… wow….
- Diebus Saltem Dominicis – 18th Sunday after Pentecost: Have we forgotten who we are?
- Card. Müller: “we must resist” the hostile takeover of the Church
- ROME 22/10 – Day 7: Fishy First Friday
- VIDEO about the Chartres Pilgrimage: Guardians of Tradition
- ROME 22/10 – Day 6: Of eyes and heads and ligaments
- Not even the Council imagined what is going on today!
- Synod (“walking together”) art work was a distorting sham, say the students who were supposedly the subjects
- What do you think of this video from the Synod (“walking together”) of Bishops about the synodal (“walking together”) before the Synod (“walking together”) on Synodality (“walking together”)?
- ROME 22/10 – Day 5: Of chalices and clams and rest
- Card. Koch: German Synod (“spazieren gehen zusammen”) is doing what some Christians did along with Nazism in order to change the Church’s teaching
- ASK FATHER: Convert from Orthodoxy or Protestantism: Which Catholic Church would I belong to?
- ROME 22/10 – Day 4: A stroll and an “I dunno”
- ASK FATHER: Are evil dreams from the Devil?
- ROME 22/10 – Day 3: Of a hairy bear, a column, and a case of littering.
- “They hate the Old Rite because the Enemy has set fear in their hearts.”
- ROME 22/10 – Day 2: Still getting it together and an ASK FATHER question
- ASK FATHER: 1st Communion at a special Mass rather than at a regular Sunday Mass
- WDTPRS 27th Ordinary Sunday: Of ashes, soap and you.
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
- ROME 22/10 – Day 1: Getting it together
- Daily Rome Shot 578, etc.
- “The Devil, the Enemy of the soul, always tells us what he is up to.” Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium!
- How can the “four camps” in the Church be reconciled?
- My View For Awhile: Romeward Bound
- Daily Rome Shot 577, etc. – Hurricane Early Edition
- Wolves v. Bear, Windswept House, and the Belgian Waffle Bishops.
- Daily Rome Shot 576, etc.
- “This has the logo of the Synod (“walking together”) of Bishops. ” Prepare for a rough ride.
- ASK FATHER: Can a Catholic layman officiate at the marriage of non-Catholics?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Monthly Archives: October 2015
From a reader: I believe that you advise against attending SSPX Chapels even when that is your only EF option. But, has anything changed since the Pope offered permission to SSPX to forgive abortion in the Confessional and that Italian … Read More
A bunch of people sent this to me. I’ve been completely traumatized.
Distinguished canonist Ed Peters has something to say about canon law and the disasters that follow when a spirit of antinomianism ticks up. HERE My emphases and comments. Canon law has never been ‘the frame of reference’ for the Church When … Read More
In Madison, WI Bp. Morlino will offer a Pontifical Requiem Mass at the Throne at 7 PM at the Bishop O’Connor Center. The music will be De Victoria’s Requiem for 4 Voices. I’ll bet there aren’t any other Requiems at … Read More
Because I was travelling, I was not on air much. I did make a contact via Echolink with Father KD8ZFF. I made a non-radio contact with Father F5SNJ in Rome, Fr. William Barker, FSSP. We are working on a couple projects. … Read More
At the National Catholic Register, Edward Pentin has the story about the “leaked” news via the Secretary of State Card. Parolin. Apparently Pope Francis will in fact issue a Post-Synodal Exhortation fairly soon. It was said at one point that … Read More
Ross Douthat is now the target of snark by liberal catholics even though he writes for Hell’s Bible (aka New York Times). Ross recently gave a talk at Erasmus Address gathering sponsored by First Things. It is a must view talk. You might … Read More
There is something out there called the “Latin Mass Society of the United States and Canada”. Do NOT confuse this with the true and decades old and clean Latin Mass Society in the UK. This so-called “Latin Mass Society” is at … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Please forgive me for being obtuse but what does being free from “attachment” to sin actually mean? I so want to relieve as many Holy Souls as possible in the coming month. Thank you Jesus says … Read More
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks! Registered or not, will you in your charity please take a moment look at the requests and to pray for the people about whom you read? Continued from THESE. I get many requests by … Read More
I am heading back to home from Rome today. In the lounge I’m checking on blogs, etc., since I haven’t been paying much attention during and in the wake of the pilgrimage I came for. Lot’s of tension and conflict … Read More
Before heading to the airport, I dashed to church to say Mass. Campo de’ Fiori as the stands are being set up. After Mass, again it’s a pleasure to see the altars being used. They are not, after all, just … Read More
Yesterday I met a friend who is beginning a new business for vestments and clerical garb. This is the sort of thing he is able to produce at a fraction of the cost of Roman shops. Interesting no? Wouldn’t it … Read More
I swear I am not making this up. It’s not from Eye of the Tiber. It’s not from Onion. It’s from KOFR.com in Oklahoma. (There’s video!) Tambourine player tased during church service EDMOND, Okla. — Most churches encourage praise and … Read More
This is one of the stupidest things I have seen for a while. NRO picked up on something from HuffPo. HERE Adverbs are, apparently, evil. Adverbs: They’re hurting people. According to a piece in the Huffington Post, the word “too” … Read More
I share hereunder a note I received from one of you readers after my own post-synodal exhortation not to give up any ground in the Synod’s wake. We must persevere! In the face of what seem like decreasingly favorable odds, … Read More
I want to bring some stimulating reading to the readership’s attention, lest you miss it. First, One Mad Mom has a serious rant and it is pretty entertaining! Here’s just a small sample. What sparked Fr. Martin banning everyone … Read More
To participate in the combox here, you must be registered and approved (by me). Since the blog is under constant attack by spammers and nefarious ne’er-do-wells, I use the “about you” field in particular to screen registrations. Welcome aboard recent … Read More
First, I am deeply grateful for the donations that have come in to defray the cost of my travel to Rome. Some have been widow’s mites, some have been hefty, all have been warmly appreciated. Since I have been … Read More
I am receiving one cri de coeur after another. Lots of people are confused and angry and sad about what they are hearing. Instead of firm foundations from bishops, we got sand. Yes, can can make cement with sand, but … Read More