Sometimes people ask me about reliable charities.
Since I am informed that it is “Giving Tuesday” (who knew?) here are a few charities which I support.
Our Lady of Hope Clinic
I have written about Our Lady of Hope Clinic before. This is one of the worthiest causes I have seen for a while and it could use your help, wherever you are.
In the clinic you see a sign on the wall explaining that
“Our Lady of Hope Clinic practices medicine consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church”
Therefore, they will not refer for abortion, prescribe contraception, refer for sterilization, refer for in vitro fertilization, etc.
“We will practice in complete accord with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.”
They have a DONATION page. Contact Julie Jensen, Director of Development, at (608) 957-1137. Tell them Fr. Z sent you.
Opus Boni Sacerdotii
Opus Bono Sacerdotii (OBS) is a lay organization that assists Catholic priests having difficulties.
Their motto: A Catholic Priest Needs Your Help Right Now!
From the website:
- We turn no priests away who need our help when we can help them.
- OBS has been a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization in existence since April of 2002.
- Our mission is to love Jesus Christ the High Priest. We fulfill our mission by manifesting our love for Christ in serving each priest individually. We focus on each priest’s unique needs and loving him unconditionally.
- OBS is funded by individual donations. We charge no fees for our assistance to priests.
- All of the aid that we provide priests evolves as each situation dictates the type of assistance needed given the resources available
And there is also the
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
We are working to spread the use of the Extraordinary Form in Madison, and, hopefully, inspire others to do the same elsewhere. Click HERE
I am the president of this group. Your donations to the TMSM are tax-deductible.
Right now we have a vestment project going. HERE
We need support from a large base. HELP!
The Archdiocese for Military Services
To make a donation online, please go to www.milarch.org/waystogive2
I also give to Wounded Warrior Project and in the past to Team Rubicon.
People have asked me about giving to Shriner Children’s Hospital. Shriners are a type of Mason. If you want to give to some large initiative, perhaps better is St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, which began as a shrine by the Catholic actor Danny Thomas. That said, please consider Our Lady of Hope Clinic, which I wrote about, above.