Card. Burke was very kind in making this video. Remember him in your prayers.
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Not on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: “On Marriage, I remember hearing a true story, (may not have all the facts correct). A Royal Couple wanted a…”
- Cornelius on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: “” . . . bear the crosses that flow from the obligations one has chosen” This is heresy and anathema…”
- FranzJosf on ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST: “Oh, gosh. The smell of jasmine reminds of New Orleans, about 35 years ago and a wonderful Jesuit (!) Priest…”
- JustaSinner on ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.: “Tossed my keys into a post box with mail while in college. Called the Post Office and a courier arrived…”
- Chris in Maryland 2 on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “How odd of the NO “movement,” that its “movers” in the 60s – 70s insisted that “the reform” was “oh-so-much”…”
- Gaetano on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “I strongly support scrutinies for candidates before ordination. Indeed, I support presenting the Oath of Fidelity & Profession of Faith…”
- Cornelius on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “The surest sign that something in the Church pleases God and suits His purposes is that it has endured. This…”
- HFL on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “Thanks for this very insightful instuction Father Z. I, too, had wondered about the timing issue of their receiving the…”
- Father JCPS on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “Did Benedict XVI add the Prayers over the People during Lent back to the Roman Missal or did Saint John…”
- Imrahil on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023: “Not a sermon note, but at the charismatic event I attended (which I had been planning if I was home,…”
- TheCavalierHatherly on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “We have an entry in Butler for St. Gameliel: “He was of the sect of the Pharisees, and a doctor…”
- ThePapalCount on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “Thank you FrZ for this exceptional teaching and insight. This makes the whole Pentecost event even more powerful and amazing.…”
- Geoffrey on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: ““If the Octave of Pentecost can be abolished for the Novus Ordo calendar, it can be reinstated, just as Benedict…”
- Greg Hlatky on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “This applies to yesterday’s rant as well as today’s. I’m just a poor, dumb pew sitter but I’ve been a…”
- Dad of Six on ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.: ““Which of these breakfast pairings is mine? And why?” The ‘Pop Tart’ on the left. Because apples remind you of…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
- 23 May 2023 – Reinstallation of St. Philip Neri’s altarpiece – VIDEO
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-21 – Cufflinks
- ROME 23/05 – Day 25: Picture show
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-20 – “Breakout” session
- This might provoke a Snicker or two.
- A good point in Card. Burke’s book on when Communion should be denied
- OMNIUM GATHERUM: TLM pilgrimage, Music, Miracle sought
- ROME 23/05 – Day 24: Hoofing it and blossoms
- Laus Deo! Great news from Gower Abbey in Missouri
- Chicago Alderman to Card. Cupich: FREE THE SHRINE!
- ROME 23/05 – Day 23: Purple, Pizza and Puzzle
- ROME 23/05 – Day 22: Banns and bans
- ACTION ITEM! New Roman vestments for the parish – UPDATES – Starting to collect the pledges.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 6th Sunday after Easter, Sunday after Ascension (N.O.: 7th of) 2023
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Helpful. Yes. Thank you.
Very nice. Thanks for posting this.
Thank you Cardinal Burke. I pray the Holy Ghost inspires all of the College of Cardinals in the next Conclave. ( no cellphones allowed). Keep up the good fight, we all depend on you.
Wow! What a lovely surprise. Continued prayers for Cardinal Burke.
Thank you for bringing this to us. May the Lord grant his Eminence fortitude and long life.
What a great guy. Glad he’s better.
God bless His Eminence. Thanks for the encouragement
God bless Cardinal Burke.
God Bless You Cardinal Burke, and thank you for your message. Continuing to pray for you and our church.
God bless Cardinal Burke.
What a pleasant surprise! Many prayers for the good cardinal.
Wow! That was so kind and inspiring…like having a bishop who’s a true father to us. Thank you, Cardinal Burke, for your kindness here and for all you’ve done for our Church!
Thanks, Cardinal Burke, for this consolation. Thanks, Father Z, for kindly posting it. It’s a blessing to live in an age of faith, where the Church is supported and celebrated. It’s a privilege as well to live in an age of disorder, where the Church is attacked from within and without, at least as long as we remain members and defenders.
Amazing how simple words of thanksgiving and encouragement can lift the veil of darkness, if only for a short time and invigorate one to turn back to the line of battle.
God bless +Burke. If we’re suffering…pretty sure he’s joined with us in the fight.
Mother Mary protect him! I agree with Antonia above, it feels like a true father speaking to us. It reminds me of my childhood when my beloved father would comfort me.
May God continue to bless this faithful servant of His, a gentle and humble son of the Church (and of Wisconsin!). What a wonderful surprise to view his greetings; definitely a ray of hope to remind us to take courage and not to give in to despair no matter how dark the day may seem.
Deo Gratias! I’m on my way right now to La Crosse to attend the Pontifical High Mass tomorrow morning at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Looking forward to seeing Cardinal Burke, et. al. in this most beautiful and holy Mass.
How wonderful to see this video today on the feast of St John Vianney.
What a true shephard is Card. Burke.
May God bless him
Muchas gracias, your Eminence y vaya con Dios
Thank you, your eminence, for this kind greeting. Your work on behalf of tradition is so appreciated. God bless you ad multos annos.
Thank you, Card. Burke, for those words of consolation in trials and tribulations. We are indeed suffering much during this period, but these sufferings are not to be compared with the glories to come.
Thank you to Cardinal Burke and Fr. Z. for posting this video from the Cardinal.
It was a blessing to have attended the Latin Mass in Washington at the time of the March for Life 2020. Thank you to Cardinal Burke.
Godly things have happened. And a victory over the serpent.
I’ve learned the basic Latin Rosary and was very glad to now have discovered Cardinal Burke’s Latin Rosary videos.
Every day I read through some of the prayers of the English of the Old Rite for The Blessing of Holy Water (Rituale Romanum) by reading the One Peter Five article, “Holy Water in the Time of Coronavirus: Old and New Compared.”
And now I have just found I can listen to the Latin of the Old Rite for The Blessing of Holy Water (for demons/disease/terror of snakes). I can follow along with the book online at archive.org.
In those prayers, the one thing I wondered about was: who would have, or what was, “the terror of the poisonous serpent”? Even for foreign communities that have dangerous snakes, the wording sounded unusually strong.
Now I know that the Latin of the Old Rite Blessing of Holy Water contains the word “venenosi” instead of the word that I was reading in the English — “poisonous.” In the Latin, instead it is “terrorque venenosi serpentis.” I suddenly realized exactly what was referenced. It seems the wording is perfect in the Holy Spirit.
For your Discernment: There has been extensive research on Venoms related to COVID-19.
It would appear that, in Holy Water, God has granted you in ministry a truly unique gift and its attendant sacrifices.
Apologizing for the length …
We are STARVING! Our children are leaving the faith in droves! Only courageous clergy can do anything for us. We laypeople are powerless except in our ability to pray, donate, and attend. The good cardinal’s words are nice and nice words are always pleasant but it reminds me too much of James 2:16.
God granted the Church a great gift in sparing the life of Cardinal Burke. His faithfulness and orthodoxy make him one of the few bulwarks against the disorientation and apostasy that is currently gripping the highest levels of the hierarchy. God willing, Burke will be a force not only in the battle against doctrinal innovation manufactured by the so-called synods but also a strong voice for the return to clarity (and sanity) at the next papal conclave.
Thank you Cardinal Burke! Yes, much suffering, but also much joy! The indestructible truth of Christ is all the more resplendent and beautiful when contrasted with falsehood, which is ugly and destined to crumble into dust.
Pingback: MONDAY EDITION – Big Pulpit
I’m nothing but a simple man and a convert and I find this appalling.
This guy promised to “correct the Pope”.
That was YEARS ago.
Everything he said is true and known by any Christian.
At this point I wouldn’t trust a Catholic prelate to walk my dog.
This guy promised to “correct the Pope”.
I too had high hopes that Cardinal Burke would be able to “correct the pope” in some way forcing Francis to alter course. But: it cannot be – the pope is not obliged to submit his decisions to individual cardinals or bishops. It’s not that Burke would not do it, it’s that he could not do it. (I also half suspect that Francis gave Burke a point blank order to be silent on the subject of Amoris Laetitia, and Burke was bound to obey. The pope could give such an order: cardinals are subject to his authority in odd ways.)
I would spend every last penny I’ve got to name to get Cardinal Burke to do an in-person podcast with Ann Barnhardt.
Thank you, Father.