SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
Visits tracked by Statcounter since Sat., 25 Nov. 2006:
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
PLEASE donate using VENMO!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ASK FATHER: Book with all the Scripture readings for the TLM and when the same occur in the Novus Ordo?
- Wherein the Bishop of Black Duck gives pastoral care to a pro-abortion ‘c’atholic politician
- Daily Rome Shot 161
- Abortion, Communion and Biden, et al.
- Daily Rome Shot 160
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 16 May ’21
- Daily Rome Shot 159
- WDTPRS – Sunday after Ascension: Christ is not insensible to our sufferings.
- To all bishops and priests about Communion for manifest sinners from St. John Chrysostom
- LIVE VIDEO – 15 May 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – St. Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Daily Rome Shot 158
- The 70th Miracle at Lourdes
- For you who voted for Democrats in the last election, please give this statement some thought.
- CCC 2499
- 12-15 July 2021: “LIFT UP YOUR HEARTS” Conference for Priests
- LIVE VIDEO – 14 May 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Requiem
- 14 May: Sts. Victor and Corona, martyrs. (How to get her statue.)
- Daily Rome Shot 157
- 13 May 609: Dedication of the Roman Pantheon, “Santa Maria ad martyres”. An account of Boniface IV’s exorcism of the temple and the screaming of the demons.
- “Our ordinary world, the one in which we work and fall in love and watch TV—it’s thinner than paper, and the demons pour through it in hordes.”
- BOOK RECEIVED: Card. Pell’s – Prison Journal, Volume 2: The State Court Rejects the Appeal
- “Gregorian Mass” match ups: available priests with people who have requests
- Sign of the Times #8470
- Daily Rome Shot 156
- “Quam pulchri super montes pedes adnuntiantis et praedicantis” – Ascension Thursday and Lordly Feet
- ASK FATHER: Is Mass valid if it is offered in a desecrated place? Wherein @fatherz rants.
- ASK FATHER: “Can a priest say the Latin Mass if he doesn’t know Latin formally?”
- The Lord’s Ascension, Beans, and You
- REMINDER: Ascension THURSDAY – usually Holy Day of Obligation
- LIVE VIDEO – 12 May 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Vigil of the Ascension
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: cathedra
Congratulations to all those who belong to the Ordinariate of the Chair of Peter a fine feast day. Today is an opportunity to reflect of the will of the Savior about a necessary element for His Church: the Petrine Ministry. … Read More
The Cathedral of St. Paul in St. Paul, MN, is in my estimation a candidate for “grandest cathedral in these USA”. It is also the National Shrine of St. Paul. One of the advantages of this cathedral is that is … Read More
Here is an oldie but goodie from back in 2008: Here are a few photos of St. Peter’s taken last year (2007) on this feast of the Cathedra of St. Peter. It is pretty dark in the Basilica, so steady … Read More
From a reader: This may be a stupid question, but in the Novus Ordo, if a bishop of the diocese celebrates Mass, would it technically be defined as a “pontifical Mass” since he would be the pontiff? Not a dumb-question at … Read More
A little fun with Latin. A reader sent this:
The destruction inflicted on our churches in the name of Vatican II still makes the angels weep. However, a restoration is slowly picking up momentum. Here is a good example. I like to visit the Cathedral if my native place, … Read More
From a reader: Recently, you had a post up regarding Archbishop Nienstedt’s defense of traditional marriage. As a curious person, I looked up the Archbishop’s background and discovered he once held the titular see of Alton, in Illinois, when he was serving as an auxiliary … Read More