SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Cornelius on WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Lent: Liturgical death throes: “I’ve always preferred, “Oh God, you are so big. Help us be big like you””
- lfandrew on POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023: “I have a dilemma in our church every year (I am the sacristan, so one of my duties is veiling…”
- makreitzer on POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023: “I attend the SSPX chapel in Linden, VA. All the statues were covered and we had catechism after Mass with…”
- Suburbanbanshee on POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023: “Thank you for explaining the “Jesus hid Himself” quote in relation to this custom! That is really cool! Sure enough,…”
- Suburbanbanshee on Zoink!: “Is it me, or are the little human figures on the sides of the fireplace also the donors?”
- Sandy on MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?: “This is parallel to a story in “Ungodly Rage” by Steichen (I think I have that right, from memory). It’s…”
- redneckpride4ever on POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023: “I’d wager I’ll see everything veiled today. Its an SSPX chapel I attend after all. I’ll vote after Mass. On…”
- Not on MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?: “I have a secular example. My best friend worked for a major company creating cutting edge technology many years ago.…”
- Hilda on Zoink!: “This ex-voto (1425 approx) from a young married couple presents what is called “homunculus” : Christ coming from heaven with…”
- Cornelius on Zoink!: “The left panel shows the painting’s donor and his wife. The man’s face is very . . . specific, i.e.,…”
- MikeM on Zoink!: “A note for those who love the Cloisters: stones from the courtyard of the monastery that was rebuilt to make…”
- summorumpontificum777 on MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?: “To us on the conservative/traditionalist side, it’s inexplicable that the so-called progressives’ believe that the answer to the crises in…”
- threej on Daily Rome Shot 700: “K-f5!. If K-h8 then p-g7#. If Rxf5, then Q-e7!. If R-f7, the Qxf7, mate in 1. Otherwise K-g8, Qxh7, mate…”
- JustaSinner on MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?: “Of whom does the Roman Catholic Church belong to?”
- Fr. Theodoxos on Zoink!: “I love the bejeweled ornamented alb, amice, and deacon’s stole (as proclaimer of the Word) on St. Gabriel. But what…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Lent: Liturgical death throes
- Daily Rome Shot 701
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 33: 1st Passion Sunday – Passiontide begins
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 32: Saturday 4th Week – Annunciation
- MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?
- Daily Rome Shot 700
- “Only what is true can ultimately be pastoral”.
- 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home
- Daily Rome Shot 699
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 31: Friday 4th Week – Dead but rising
- Daily Rome Shot 698
- Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 30: Thursday 4th Week – Eternal death and YOU – CORRECTED
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 29: The Ancient Mid-Point
- Daily Rome Shot 697
- VIDEO: Glimpses of Forty Hours
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian
- Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again
- Daily Rome Shot 696
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 28: Tuesday 4th Week – “What abundance! What generosity!”
- Happy AEQUINOCTIUM!
- Daily Rome Shot 695
- 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church!
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: 4th Sunday of Lent – Joy
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments
- Meanwhile, in Kansas
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: coffee mug
IN THE WILD! Clement XIV joins the Navy!
My friend Fr. Johnson, USN, sent me a photo of his newly acquired Papa Ganganelli (aka Clement XIV Of Glorious Memory) coffee mug. Here it is, strategically situated in Father’s stateroom aboard USS KEARSARGE (LHD3). Fr. Johnson regularly celebrates the TLM … Read More
NEW Fr. Z Swag Available: Pope Clement XIV Ganganelli (1769-1774)
Slowly but surely I’d like to build up more pontifical coffee mugs. I have some selections with Pius XII, Leo XIII (that’s a good one), etc. Today, I make available also For all the selections click >>HERE<< Enjoy in your … Read More
The “Libertas praestantissimum 31” Coffee or Tea Mug
When I make a new item of Z Swag, such as a coffee mug, I am always a bit nervous that the image won’t be clear, or there will be something wrong with it. That is why I generally will … Read More
NEW WDTPRS MUG!: “Lockstep sheep and papist throwbacks”
You may recall that a nitwit at HuffPo called those who support the new, corrected translation “lockstep sheep and papist throwbacks”. Some people clamored for a coffee mug with that phrase. I have obliged! I wanted to see one, … Read More
NEW WDTPRS COFFEE MUG: Universae Ecclesiae edition
It has been a while since I have offered a different WDTPRS mug for your consumption of Mystic Monk Coffee or Tea. Behold, the newest: the Universae Ecclesiae 8 mug. As you know Universae Ecclesiae was the Instruction from the … Read More
In The Wild: Say The Black – Do The Red coffee mug – and a PROBLEM
From a reader…. it is clearly peony season! One of these would be perfect for new priests. … older priests too, come to think of it. Ah peonies…. in the back yard of one of the many places I lived … Read More