Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Ame E.: Can’ t believe that he’s only 2. He’s got the gestures down perfectly. What happens when you don’ t dumb down the Mass for kids.
- Semper Gumby: Outstandin g photos. 2-year old Ambrose is taking his first steps to being a man. The Church of the Lord is built upon the rock of the apostles among so many dangers in the world; it...
- acardnal: Look at the size of that crucifix on the wall, too?! Wow! Now that’ ;s evangelizi ng!
- semperficatholic: Wow! And 2 years old at that. So precious and I bet the Lord has a big smile on his face. Praying for this little fella to become another great Priest Saint. Who knows; maybe even...
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father. One of my favourite prayers.
- Andrew: Fr. Z: Since we are now deprived of the freedom of movement and of assembly, and we spend long days shuttered in our homes, allow me to elaborate a bit: (pace tua sine me garrire paululu...
- Ms. M-S: Thanks, as always, Fr. Z, and today especially for the words of St. Bernard.
- spouse: I’ve just attended Mass via Zoom. It’s even better, this way people can actually participat e, answering when needed, and this morning I read the Readings myselfR 30; It was spirituall y...
- TonyO: Very good ideas, Fr. Z, thank you. We are so used to having confession right around the corner, that we sometimes are a bit lazy about avoiding the occasions of sin that we ought to steer...
- FrAnt: Thank you, Fr. Z. I am studying the EF of the Mass in this time of quarantine , as you have suggested. I have also downloaded the App for the 1962 Breviary. This Mass has helped a great deal...
- Fr_Andrew: The bishops of New Zealand (according to a friend who is a priest down there), have not only forbidden Masses, and forbidden priests to anoint or hear confession s, they have gone a step...
- rcg: Interestin g! Is it related to the verb “foment” which incites or heats up through friction? This is often used negatively .
- Bryan Baldwin: Thank you, Father.
- Mariana2: Custody of the eyes: walking past chocolate with lowered eyes for me. Ceci, and specially anchovies, I can walk right past.
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father.
- Ms. M-S: Thanks, Fr. Z.
- richdel: I like Latin.
- Chuck4247: From where did we learn the names of the saints on the other two crosses?
- Anneliese: Please pray a young woman, Malka S. She’ s the younger sister of a friend. There̵ 7;s a good chance she has the virus. Her symptoms are getting worse. She was finally tested...
- Marc in Eugene: Thanks for this! It seems to require such a comparativ ely little investment of time and energy; I don’ t understand why more parishes don’ t do this– ; although I...
- DebbieInCT: oh, Fr., I forgot to tell you… .Second to the Holy Mass and the fervorino, I love the sound of your clock!
- OssaSola: “dabs of really good olive oil” Wait. WHAT brand and kind? It’s a need-to-kn ow! Please tell?
- Gregg the Obscure: looks great. it’s mind-boggl ing that the paragon of eloquence has a name etymologic ally similar to a current caterwaule r
- DebbieInCT: Just want to let you know, I’m watching, Fr., and very grateful! The fervorino (love that word!!) was especially powerful today. Thank you so very much! God bless you!
- samwise: It’s refreshing to see our Pastor Ad Orientem vs Ad Populum as he celebrates Mass from his rectory. There are also no gather hymns. He uses the kyrie, sanctus & Agnus Dei (which...
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
I was at this conference last year. I’ll probably go this year! That’s how enjoyable it was. I’ve marked my calendar.
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- READER FEEDBACK: Live Masses and what the The British Government just did
- 1 April – Holy Mass (TLM) Wednesday in Passion Week – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – And a cute kid…
- LENTCAzT 2020: 36 – Wednesday in the 5th Week of Lent – Passiontide: Christ’s most painful wound
- Fomites of Viruses, Fomites of Sins, and YOU
- 31 March – Holy Mass (TLM) Tuesday in Passion Week – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- LENTCAzT 2020: 35 – Tuesday in the 5th Week of Lent – Passiontide: Don’t step ahead of Providence!
- 30 March – Holy Mass (TLM) Monday in Passion Week – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- LENTCAzT 2020: 34 – Monday in the 5th Week of Lent – Passiontide: “We are perishing!”
- 29 March Sunday – VESPERS live-streamed 1500h (GMT -5)
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Pasta e ceci alla Romana
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday 2020 (TLM)
- POLL: Veiling and covering images on 1st Passion Sunday 2020, 5th of Lent
- 29 March – LIVE Sunday Mass (TLM) 0730 CDT
- LENTCAzT 2020: 33 – 5th Sunday of Lent – 1st Passion Sunday: Time to die
- @MadisonDiocese : Bp. Hying’s Decree altering conditions for gaining Plenary Indulgences
- ASK FATHER: Blessing sacramentals over a live stream on the internet
- 28 March – Holy Mass (TLM) Saturday 4th Week of Lent – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- LENTCAzT 2020: 31 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: Reward for an act of charity.
- ASK FATHER: Best practices for following a Mass which is live-streamed on the internet or broadcast on TV
- Wherein a seriously annoyed Fr. Z rants – UPDATED
- ACTION ITEM! BISHOPS and PRIESTS – Exorcise and bless!
- Startling visuals from special “Urbi et Orbi” ceremony in Rome against the pandemic
- 27 March – Votive Mass “for the sick” – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- LENTCAzT 2020: 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: “The nature of our pride”
- 1st Space Force mission is a go
- LENTCAzT 2020: 30 – Thursday in the 4th Week of Lent: “I command you, get up!”
- Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
- Fakebook blocking or deleting live-streamed Catholic Masses
- ROME: Famous 1522 Plague Procession Crucifix moved to St. Peter’s
- ASK FATHER: How to contact priests to serve their private Traditional Latin Masses
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Nancy Pelosi
Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi rides again! Same-sex ‘marriage’ is perfectly “consistent” with Catholic Faith
It has been awhile since Rep. Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi said something stupid about Catholicism. It’s her turn again! At LifeSite I read: Nancy Pelosi: Gay ‘marriage’ is ‘consistent’ with Catholic teaching WASHINGTON, D.C., June 2, 2015 (LifeSiteNews.com) — House Minority Leader … Continue reading
At onenewsnow we find this about Nancy “the theologian” Pelosi, stooge for bi-business abortion. Who’s to blame for Pelosi? Her church… A prominent pro-life organization is calling on the Roman Catholic Church to send a signal to House Minority Leader … Continue reading
A couple of really sad women… horrific world views… tragic consequences. First, Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi at CNS: (CNSNews.com) – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) criticized Republican attempts to defund Planned Parenthood and repeal the Affordable Care Act in … Continue reading
Nancy “the Theologian” Pelosi (D-CA), devout practicing Catholic and mother! Ain’t she sweet? Listen to her nasty snapping tone when she is asked about big business abortion by a reporter. To defend her darling Planned Parenthood, she’d tear the throat out … Continue reading
Nancy “the Theologian” Pelosi… words fail! From LifeSite: Nancy Pelosi: Gay ‘marriage’ is ‘consistent’ with Catholic teaching WASHINGTON, D.C., June 2, 2015 (LifeSiteNews.com) — House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-CA, says that same-sex “marriage” is perfectly “consistent” with Catholic … Continue reading
More biting commentary from Lutheran Satire. Fun. Watch to the end.
Canon 915! From CNS: SF Archbishop on Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion (CNSNews.com) – Responding to statements made by House Minority Leader Nancy [the Theologian] Pelosi [more HERE] — who would not say at her … Continue reading
I saw this at Gateway Pundit: Former Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) chased Republican Tom Marino across the House Chamber after his speech on the House floor. This came after Marino accused Pelosi and Democrats of neglecting the immigration crisis when … Continue reading
Hamas is a “humanitarian organization.” “And we have to confer with the Qataris, who have told me over and over again that Hamas is a humanitarian organization,” Pelosi said to Crowley. HERE Perhaps she should go spend some with Hamas … Continue reading
From Catholic Vote: FEDERAL COURT GUTS OBAMACARE Remember when Nancy Pelosi said we had to pass Obamacare to know what’s in it? She wasn’t joking. Four years ago partisan Democrats rammed through the passage of Obamacare in the middle of … Continue reading
I read this and had to set my coffee cup down… From CNS: Pelosi: ‘I’m Like a Lioness’ When It Comes to Protecting Children (CNSNews.com) — House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) yesterday described herself as a “lioness” when it … Continue reading
From the often amusing Eye of the Tiber: Washington, DC––In an astonishing move today, Minority Leader of the House of Representatives and Mouthpiece of God in the United States Nancy Pelosi has excommunicated San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone. The move comes just … Continue reading
I just saw this and I actually laughed out loud. You may remember Nancy from her triumphant theological debut. HERE and HERE And remember her comment that abortion is “sacred ground”? HERE Remember that she, as the darling of big-business-abortion Planned Parenthood (dedicated … Continue reading
Just think! Over with the Episcopalians, Nancy Pelosi could both vote for public funding of abortion and also be a bishop at the same time! She could even the “Presiding Bishop”! From The Washington Times with my emphases and comments: Nancy … Continue reading
When will Canon 915 be applied in the case of pro-abortion Democrat Rep. Nancy Pelosi? It is not enough that she may, perhaps, from time to time, choose on her own not to go forward for Communion. It must be … Continue reading