Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Catholicin CA says: What is meant by the devil is legalistic ? In general, demons claims a right to be attached to a place, a thing, or a person. They do this because they were...
- Sandy: Long ago I looked back at the timeline on how we got Communion in the hand. It started the same way we got “alt ar girls̶ 1;. Certain bishops condoned and promoted it (Europ...
- Late for heaven: First we ordain their bishops, next their cardinals and after that we have a Chinese communist Pope. What’ ;s not to like?
- SemperServusDei: Although I go to a NO parish, and although our parish over-uses EMHCs, my personal commitment is to kneel and receive on the tongue from a priest as long as I have the ability to...
- Semper Gumby: JesusFreak 84 and richiedel: Yep, a 30,000 word IL is not a good sign. Deo Volente, something constructi ve will result. Weigel made an interestin g observatio n: “But above...
- CatholicinCA: What is meant by the devil is legalistic ? How can I avoid legalism? I worry this may be something I fall into without realizing& #8230;
- Rev. Matthew J. Morelli: I agree as well. However, since you mentioned the exorcism in Chapter III, I wanted to give a cautionary note: priests should NOT use it PUBLICLY unless they have the...
- iPadre: Agreed! We must consider how many of these disgusting things took place in rectories and surroundin g properties . They need a spiritual cleansing.
- Simon_GNR: Forgiving enemies: I read a story about a pope (one of the “bad ” ones) on his deathbed. When his confessor asked him if had forgiven his enemies he answered: “I have...
- fr.ignatius: Last I heard of Sr Agnes is that she was booted out of her convent as she was too traditiona l and that now she lives in a flat and receives pastoral care from sspx priests . I would...
- Akita: Thank you for the clarificat ion Fr Reader.
- Fr. Reader: @EC. Let us pray.
- Akita: This dubious arrangemen t promulgate d by Rome is touted for its aspiration , in the official communique , to bring “peace to the world”. Hmm. Something sounds fishy here, a little too...
- EC: And to think, the Investitur e Controvers y with Gaul was being fought with at least somewhat committed Catholics. Now we are supposed to think it is a good idea to bend to an atheistic commu...
- Fr. Reader: @Akita. All priests and seminarian s have to attend sessions of indoctrina tion.
- Akita: From whence do these bishops come? Are there state manufactur ed catholic seminaries in China? Is there Apostolic succession ? If these men chosen are apostate puppets of the state, how can...
- Fr. Reader: @rayrondin i But if I can remove the difficulti es of others so they do not have to be martyrs I would. Obviously not being an offense to God. I do not have in mind anything close to...
- Semper Gumby: Interestin g post on Holy Water and mini-rant about priests. Great comments. Thank you to priests and bishops who keep our souls̷ 0;hydrated .
- rayrondini: At the very least, every Christian is reborn to be willing to be a martyrR 30; it’s not “romance” to actually be willing to take up one’s cross, even to the fullest extent. I hear...
- Father Flores: We pray for our brothers and sisters experienci ng not only oppression but abandonmen t. It seems like the shepherd 8217;s solution in China is to offer a few sheep in tribute.
- Fr. Reader: “Hea rtbreak and fear” ; and “com plete surrender& #8221; are expression s that only show partially the reality. For many, the agreement, even if it is a partial...
- Mallu Jack: @Ave Maria, you might find the following an interestin g read: https://ww w.firstthi ngs.com/we b-exclusiv es/2018/09 /thoughts- on-the-ins trumentum- laboris
- Ave Maria: Sin-nods have their results in place before the farces begin with the stacked and chosen prelates.
- teomatteo: I have noticed over many years that our priest does not give us (or him) a moment of silence to contemplat e our sins. And he will never — and I mean never – has us say the...
- Mallu Jack: The very funny thing here is that Fr Martin contradict s – brace yourselves – Pope Francis! In his “Let ter to the People of God” , Pope Francis asks for fasting...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- THIS IS WAR! Wherein Fr. Z calls on bishops and priests to FIGHT BACK as priests and bishops!
- Akita, Communion in the hand, and homosexuality
- Card. Zen on the “Provisional Agreement” with the PRC on Bishops
- WDTPRS – 25th Ordinary Sunday: Each love fuels the other, when love of God is first.
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on aspects of The Present Crisis
- ASK FATHER: Adding water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: If in letters Benedict XVI imparts still the Apostolic Blessing…
- A story of spectacular complexity, involving shady people, huge money, interlocking directorates, vast loans, and the Papal Foundation.
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ – UPDATED
- Bishop R. Walker Nickless of Sioux City on #ViganoTestimony
- Archd. Chicago parish burns a “rainbow flag”
- And now a word from our sponsor…
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Vatican I: The Council and the Making of the Ultramontane Church
- The upcoming Synod’s “working document”
- ASK FATHER: Should we pray for or against the success of the Synod?
- What passes for important today.
- YOU are other people. It’s always someone else… until it’s YOU.
- ASK FATHER: Are we are in the End Times?
- Fr. Murray’s Open Letter to ex-Card. McCarrick. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Cri de Coeur about lost innocence and The Present Crisis
- Card. Müller: “the real danger to today’s humanity is the greenhouse gases of sin and the global warming of unbelief”
- Thoughts on fatherhood and how priestly identity is undercut by short terms as pastors
- More Jesuit idiocy – BUT WAIT! There’s more!
- Henry Sire: “Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally.”
- ASK FATHER: Can a Dominican Tertiary priest use the Dominican Rite?
- Lay Rage in Chicago, Mary Eberstadt takes names, and Fr. Z rants
- There are more than one “lavender mafia”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
- We are all, I think, striving to understand how we got to the point where we are.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 7 December 2010
This is GREAT!
Yes, this is officially my kind o’ gal.
I am green in many ways. This time I am green with envy.
I must if I am in area, meet this lady.
From CMR… this is GREAT… but the real credit is to Faith & Family Live. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go and SPIKE THEIR STATS in appreciation!
Pretty funny. Some won’t think so. Too bad. If you are worried you won’t like what Stephen Colbert says, don’t click the play button. Just don’t.
Some veteran readers here know about my annual rant about BLUE vestments during Advent.
Blue is not a liturgical color of the Roman Rite (though some use it for Marian feasts according to some old tradition in Spain and former Spanish … Continue reading
Today’s first entry in the Martyrologium Romanum says:
1. Memoria sancti Ambrosii, episcopi Mediolanensis et Ecclesiae doctoris, qui pridie Nonas aprilis in Domino obdormivit, sed hac die potissimum colitur, qua celebrem sedem adhuc catechumenus gubernandam suscepit, cum civitatis … Continue reading
Also, 8 December is, I believe, a Holy Day of Obligation in most places. It is the Feast/Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception.
Have you made a plan to go to Mass?
Reminder to priests who may have to sing a TLM on Sundays and on the feast on Wednesday.
PRAYERCAzTs are available.
011 07-12-03 Feast of the Immaculate Conception
012 07-12-04 2nd Sunday of Advent
013 07-12-12 “Gaudete” Sunday, the 3rd Sunday of Advent
014 07-12-22 … Continue reading