When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- KateD said The biggest problem isn’t the state permitti...
- robtbrown said Jflare What you say about Neo Nazis acting with di...
- Sonshine135 said Fr. Fitzpatrick, With all do respect, I disagree....
- letchitsa1 said Allowing married priests will not solve the issue...
- Jerry said Which is faster: Morse code or texting? https://yo...
- Random Friar said While neither party in this case was in danger of...
- Athelstan said Fr. Fitzpatrick, Therefore this petition is meanin...
- madisoncanonist said Fr. P, you are correct in a literal sense, but in...
- Absit invidia said These tyrannical scoundrels know they could never...
- frbkelly said Actually, Fr. Z’s answer is better. Presumab...
- dans0622 said I suppose the priest would have made sure another...
- Suburbanbanshee said What a beautiful story, and what a _really_ pastor...
- JesusFreak84 said Fr. Z is officially a hybrid of Gandalf and Obi-Wa...
- JesusFreak84 said What I will NEVER understand is why two men, two w...
- Father P said Also, in danger of death the priest witnessing the...
- JustaSinner said Look at the shiny objects…. Nice to see ever...
- benedetta said I would also just like to add here, for purposes o...
- benedetta said I would just like to add a few words here as to wh...
- DonL said To paraphrase the “Good Book” “&...
- Kerry said ‘Gay’ rights, ‘gay’ marria...
- Arele said Really like your literal attempt much more than ev...
- Imrahil said a Catholic baker….is obligated in conscience to ob...
- Imrahil said I haven’t seen math like this since And I haven...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said I am surprised that so many people are so enthusia...
- Orphrey said Here’s a relevant article from earlier this...
- Orphrey said Don’t forget the important role played by Al...
- Mac_in_Alberta said Morse cowed, that should be.
- Sliwka said Sconnius, I feel like you and I were at the same M...
- WmHesch said While the “Mass Mob” might temporarily...
- jameeka said I hope this is sorta like St Crispin’s day i...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Maniple and zucchetto in the Novus Ordo
- ASK FATHER: Valid marriage in hospital room?
- San Francisco MASS Mob Results
- ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
- IDAHO: City ordinance says pastors must “marry” homosexuals or go to jail
- National Morse Code Day… and….
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS: 4th Sunday of Easter (2002MR) – Our humility and the might of the Shepherd
- Heads up! Reactions to my post about destruction of Christian businesses still rolling in.
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday
- Benedict XVI 10 years ago: “Pray for me…”
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): Be distinguished by your profession of Christ!
- Wherein Fr. Z is, again, in a SciFi novel
- Feedback and a confessional story
- Notes on Eucharistic Prayer II
- Another morsel for #TalkLikeShakespeare Day
- Thanks to readers, monthly donations, Mass for benefactors
- A curious lacuna in ‘Misericordiae vultus’, the Bull for the Holy Year of Mercy
- A Talk Like Shakespeare Day Gift to the Fair Readership that frequenteth This Blog
- ASK FATHER: Continuously adding tap water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: Inviting children to stand around the altar? Fail!
- Reader Check-up: Testing a new mobile theme
- ASK FATHER: Seminarians required to stand for Communion. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Have a brainy happy birthday Roma! (Father Z’s Kitchen)
- SWISS GUARD ARMOR UPDATE!
- ASK FATHER: St. Michael Prayer after Novus Ordo Masses
- ASK FATHER: Shoulder cape on cassocks for priests
- ASK FATHER: Using the traditional offertory prayers in the Novus Ordo. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- More about my post: “When they come to destroy your business because you are pro-traditional family”
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Brick by Brick
I look forward to the day when I might be able to celebrate a Sung or Solemn Mass for the TLM community in Hong Kong!
I received this from a read in Hong Kong. The Bishop Emeritus, the mighty Joseph Card. … Continue reading
There is a good article at greenvilleonline.com:
Old Latin past illuminates future for Catholic church [Great headline]
Tom Kelly felt like something was lost 50 years ago this month, when traditional Latin Mass was abandoned by the Roman Catholic Church with a … Continue reading
For your brick by brick file
I received this good news from a reader:
Bishop Edward Scharfenberger celebrated the Extraordinary Form in his Cathedral Saturday. This was the 1st time Mass has been celebrated in Albany’s Cathedral in decades.
The New Evangelization takes a … Continue reading
Brick by brick, my readers, brick by brick.
I had some good news:
Here is a good example of the Traditionalists “Riding The Bike”. [See this rant HERE.]
A Parish near St. Louis is starting a Latin Mass through the efforts of a few dedicated … Continue reading
I am delighted to report something that I knew about, but didn’t post on, alas. In NYC a “Juventutem” (I wish they didn’t use that “J”) has a new chapter situated at… yes… that vibrant parish Holy Innocents. They met … Continue reading
After the March for Life in Washington DC this year, we had a Pontifical Mass at the Faldstool with His Excellency Most Rev. Thomas Paprocki, Bishop of Springfield in Illinois.
You will also recall His Excellency’s reaction to the State of Illinois … Continue reading
I received news that tomorrow, 3 February, there will be a Missa Cantata, Extraordinary Form, at the chapel of Princeton University at 9 pm. HERE
If you are nearby, it would be good to give support to this initiative.
I don’t know … Continue reading
For your Brick by Brick file.
A reader sent me a link to a story in the St. Louis Review (a publication of the Archdiocese of St. Louis) about a parish which as started up a Traditional Latin Mass.
‘Mysterium tremendum’ | St. … Continue reading
From Fr. George Rutler’s “pastor’s page” for 11 January.
There was a theologian who, when discouraged, would keep repeating to himself, “I have been baptized.” Since the Prince of Lies has discouragement as his chief strategy and purpose, the Rite of … Continue reading
On Monday, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, we had a Pontifical Mass at the Throne with the Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison.
Despite the horrid weather, and despite the Packers playing Atlanta on … Continue reading