Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- jmj_telcontar said Wonderful! Beautiful examples of proper incultarat...
- otsowalo said JARay, That vow is superceded by the solemn vow of...
- otsowalo said After reading some of the comments here, i really...
- Absit invidia said Thanks for pointing out the irresponsible rabbits....
- Bea said Beautiful words, Father Thank you
- iamlucky13 said Hmm…the link I tried to post above got trunc...
- Jim in Seattle said What is the symbolism of the cherry trees, Mary, a...
- Sonshine135 said Daniel Mitsui’s art is most excellent! Thank you f...
- JARay said There is little doubt in my mind that most of thos...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you! (Also thank you to iamlucky13!) By good...
- Venerator Sti Lot said An interesting and hopeful further article about t...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Another Bishop Conley ‘item’ well wort...
- Bosco said @ marcellus, You asked me: “…who is th...
- iamlucky13 said If you like the melding of eastern and western art...
- The Masked Chicken said One could, I suppose, almost compare the current s...
- mlmc said after remodeling our church a few years ago, the c...
- gramma10 said Interesting. Talented artist. Not my style but I a...
- katherine collins said We went from an EF Mass presided over by the FSSP...
- Theodore said Rabbits are part of Traditional Japanese heraldry...
- jhayes said frbkelly, Cardinal Burke’s prefaxe to Weisha...
- Suburbanbanshee said If the Blessed Sacrament isn’t actually rese...
- jhayes said Uxixu wrote: The factual errors were jarring. The...
- iamlucky13 said My instinct is to say yes on genuflecting to the B...
- WmHesch said It’s not a “line from one of the Psalm...
- albizzi said Who said this: “When God wants to chastize t...
- SimonR said Thanks Rob22 for your comment. Regretfully, both S...
- iamlucky13 said I find knowing the Latin (even as limited as mine...
- albizzi said The french jesuit “Revue Etudes” felt...
- yatzer said Current life, in the USA anyway, makes it hard to...
- robtbrown said Vince not only was a daily communicant but also sa...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- More from the mighty pen of Daniel Mitsui
- WDTPRS Collect 4th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “Billy loves bugs.”
- Finding one’s way deeper into the Faith
- ASK FATHER: Where to bow or genuflect in confusing church
- Jesuits here, Jesuits there
- Videos of Solemn Masses 1960, 1962 at Ushaw Seminary
- Pope Francis will no longer impose the pallium on Archbishops
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Brick by Brick
From Fr. George Rutler’s “pastor’s page” for 11 January.
There was a theologian who, when discouraged, would keep repeating to himself, “I have been baptized.” Since the Prince of Lies has discouragement as his chief strategy and purpose, the Rite of … Continue reading
On Monday, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, we had a Pontifical Mass at the Throne with the Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison.
Despite the horrid weather, and despite the Packers playing Atlanta on … Continue reading
From the newly retooled Catholic Herald, the best Catholic weekly in the UK comes this abut my friend Fr. Tim Finigan, who was in the autumn transferred from his parish in Blackfen to far-flung Margate, where Turner painted and where … Continue reading
The Cardinal Newman Society, which studies Catholic Higher Education, has an interesting piece about ad orientem worship at Catholic schools. The CNS has a great news widget on my sidebar. Check it out now and watch it every day!
Students Show … Continue reading
If you are anywhere near Madison, WI – or even if you are not – His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino (aka The Extraordinary Ordinary) will celebrate a Pontifical Mass at the Throne for the Feast of the Immaculate … Continue reading
I was delighted to receive a link to a Facebook page with photos of a Low Mass of a Bishop celebrated by His Excellency Most Reverend Andrew Cozzens, Auxiliary Bishop of St. Paul and Minneapolis… in Cincinnati. The occasion was … Continue reading
Holy Innocents in Manhattan, NYC, is about to begin, on Friday, their Forty Hours Devotion! More on that, below.
First, some comments.
During the last few days since the decision about the Church of the Holy Innocents in Manhattan was made … Continue reading
The use of Latin in our liturgical worship must not be limited to the Usus Antiquior of the Roman Rite. Latin is the language if the Latin Church. That means Extraordinary and Ordinary Form alike.
For this reason I object to the … Continue reading
It is All Souls and we are getting ready for a Pontifical Requiem at the Throne, tonight at 7 pm at the Bishop O’Connor Center in Madison, WI.
His Excellency Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino will be the celebrant.
The music will … Continue reading
Disease with global killing potential is on the rise.
Militant Islamism is on the rise.
Homosexualism is on the rise.
The Dictatorship of Relativism has weakened Western Civilization to the point of collapse so that hostile forces with satanic direction are roaming and … Continue reading