Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said May I just add that I say the latest Acura commerc...
- Bryan D. Boyle said And who can forget In the Year 2525 – Zager...
- Bryan D. Boyle said Wow…this opens up a wealth of memories, havi...
- yatzer said Classical Gas was my first thought, but already ta...
- AV8R61 said Convoy by C.W. McCall https://www.youtube.com/watc...
- Anita Moore OPL said Emilio: I also grew up with the Novus Ordo. I was...
- Gregg the Obscure said A few fun one-hit wonders that come to mind: R...
- amont said Having lived through the chaos of the Post Concill...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Oh, and St. Francis de Sales was counseling lay pe...
- acardnal said “Classical Gas” composed and played by...
- Uxixu said Most important for Chant to replace the Protestant...
- Per Signum Crucis said With patience and good catechesis, some of this li...
- Grateful to be Catholic said I was 10 years a nun (yes, in a monastery), 21 yea...
- acardnal said The Latin Mass Society of the UK has a short four...
- TWF said My former Cathedral parish in Vancouver, BC met a...
- Bressani56 said To my knowledge, the only book for congregations w...
- Emilio said @Anita Moore – I have a simple and very real...
- SimonDodd said jacobi says: “If I may, my pet dislike is th...
- Lori Pieper said Henry Edwards, I think it is that “Vatican...
- Mike said Speaking of confessions (about which, Father, your...
- Ben Yanke said Or in other words…. http://benyanke.com/2013...
- Gregg the Obscure said Our Denver KofC council is conducting 40 days of p...
- Ben Yanke said Here is a resource I have compiled with all the va...
- Phil_NL said robtbrown, If parts of the curia have too much pow...
- AP said Work to eliminate the Judas Shuffle (i.e. leaving...
- Legisperitus said I would buy one of those buttons if they sold them...
- jacobi said In addition to that excellent list I would add,...
- kolbe1019 said Excellent Post Fr. Z! Fr. W… I have two vide...
- majuscule said Fr. W, you piqued my interest in asking about a vi...
- greenlight said The very idea that you can attend a Novus Ordo Mas...
My wish lists
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
- UPDATED: Of “rubber bullets”
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
- USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
- ASK FATHER: Ways to improve celebration of Mass with Novus Ordo
- A note to bloggers and to those who register
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Brick by Brick
For your Brick by Brick file.
From the Democrat and Chronicle:
Catholic diocese upends custom on homilies
For the better part of 40 years in churches across the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester, clergy ceded the floor to laypeople for the delivery of … Continue reading
I saw at Aleteia a story about the great traditional young people’s group Juventutem (which has that unfortunate “J”). The undersigned is mentioned, but that is not the important issue. What is important is the growth of chapters of this … Continue reading
Is it just me, or has there been an increase in the number of Pontifical Masses in the traditional Roman Rite lately?
I just saw this at NLM:
On the occasion of the 7th anniversary of the promulgation of Summorum Pontificum, His … Continue reading
What did I write the other day?
With the rapid degradation of morals, the overturning of common sense and natural law, and the dissolution of civil rule of law in these USA we are seeing – and this is not a … Continue reading
A reader sent me this.
For Corpus Christi, in Austin, the state capital of Texas, there was a Eucharistic Procession from the Cathedral to the Capitol. (You who have English as a second language, or who were born after about 1970 … Continue reading
By now you will have heard that Jozef Wesolowski, an Archbishop and the former Nuncio to the Dominican Republic, has been laicized. It is not known exactly where he is at the moment, I believe.
When the Holy See heard of … Continue reading
I saw a post at a Lutheran blog calling for - wait for it – more Latin in their liturgy.
As a convert to Holy Mother Church from Lutheranism, I found this pretty interesting. I am aware that there exists a … Continue reading
I have had the following bits of good news, for your Brick by Brick file.
Some encouraging news from the Diocese of Fort Worth that I hope you will share with your readers: Bishop Olson will be in choir during the … Continue reading
How many of you have heard someone object to Gregorian chant on the grounds that it is tooo haaard!
Here is a video about a summer camp where children as young as 8 years old are learning to sing Gregorian chant.
At … Continue reading
Our very own “acardnal”, frequent commentator, assisted today at the Solemn Holy Mass celebrated by the undersigned at Holy Redeemer in downtown Madison. He took some photos and has graciously shared them.
This was the first time that one of the … Continue reading