You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Dave N. said Sadly, this mess (and several new ones) just conti...
- wanda said Ha! That was and still is one of my favorite comi...
- joecct77 said There are some weddings that are a 3 ring circus.
- Sandy said southernpriest, that was a beautiful comment! Mot...
- gambletrainman said pelerin: Speaking of angels on skateboards, did yo...
- southernpriest said Just watched the videos and had several reactions....
- discipulus said I believe the celebrant Auxiliary Bishop in the LA...
- jasoncpetty said that wasn’t a female priest, that was a Bishop’s B...
- pelerin said Fr G – now I’ve seen it all – an...
- Fr Martin Fox said Cosmos: I don’t know what to do with such Sc...
- OrthodoxChick said I’ve never seen that before – too funn...
- mairead said Fr G that was horrific !
- APX said The first time I watches this my dog was alive and...
- ppb said wmeyer and Father G: okay, you’ve convinced...
- APX said I agree with Jeannie_C: how is this different from...
- Will D. said Hardly a fair comparison. Good Friday, a day of gr...
- acardnal said LOL. You’re right, Father. It’s stil
- JohnE said The Orthodox liturgy looks solemn and reverent and...
- CatholicintheAgeofAquarius said Jeannie_C and Catholic Coffee — I think we...
- Father G said There is a sequel to this video: http://www.youtub...
- Catholicman44455 said Does anyone care whether having girls serve at the...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said It wasn’t all that bad. And we learn to rol...
- CatholicCoffee said Sorry to hear you were down, Fr. Today is Mary Hel...
- chantgirl said Jeannie_C – To be honest the Mass in LA does...
- frjim4321 said Well, neither are really anything I would be much...
- CatholicCoffee said I agree with Jeannie_C: how is this different from...
- Robbie said Jeannie_C Respectfully, this video demonstrates a...
- Joe of St Thérèse said To be fair, I’ve seen at the parish level in...
- Cheesesteak Expert said smad0142 , what dogma does not come to us from the...
- wmeyer said I would agree with those who have already stated t...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Category Archives: New Evangelization
My dear friend, the great Fr. George Welzbacher (Class of 1951!), on my list of the smartest men I’ve ever known, has one of the best “Pastor’s Page” weekly offerings you’ll find in any parish bulletin.
Before you read what I … Continue reading
Who’da thunk it?
Sant’Anselmo, the Roman liturgical institute (which hasn’t always been a bastion of tradition), is going to offer a Masters degree in GREGORIAN CHANT.
Rome university launches course on liturgical music
By Estefania Aguirre
Rome, Italy, May 20, 2013 / 09:34 … Continue reading
Did you see this?
Vatican City, May 13, 2013 / 08:25 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Pro-lifers who had just finished the third annual Italian March for Life on Sunday were surprised to see Pope Francis coming toward them in the popemobile.
“It … Continue reading
One for the Brick by Brick file.
I had a note from a friend in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, where the great Bishop Robert Finn presides.
At St. Andrew the Apostle on the north side of KC, Fr. Vince Rogers … Continue reading
Today Pope Francis conducted for the first time the venerable rite for the canonization of saints.
Among the new saints are the Martyrs of Otranto. In his sermon, Francis said:
Today the Church proposes for our veneration a group of martyrs who … Continue reading
From a reader:
twice in a month I have seen two examples of people receiving the Body of Christ but not consuming it in my diocese. Thankfully both Priests were strict in how they dealt with this. In the first instance, … Continue reading
Since there is a great deal of liberal hooting at the latest women religious, LCWR, Bus-Nun type goat rodeo, let’s turn the clock back a bit and look at something at Religion and Politics about the Nashville Dominicans.
The article is longish, … Continue reading
I have in the past – and with sincere approval – posted items about liturgy and music written by Sr. Joan L. Roccasalvo, C.S.J. Don’t let that CSJ scare you! Sister’s got game when it comes to liturgy.
An alert reader … Continue reading
At Religion News Service there is something about confession and confessionals.
Putting real confessionals in churches… that’s what I call promoting the New Evangelization.
Let’s have a look at this excellent brick by brick story.
DERBY, Conn. (RNS) The Rev. Janusz Kukulka can’t … Continue reading