Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Sonshine135 said I agree. The term liberal or conservative is ideol...
- midwestmom said Exactly who is “ignoring the cries of the po...
- Gerard Plourde said The problem of Customs Agents abusing their author...
- danidunn said Because a particular news organization (e.g., Drud...
- RuariJM said At the risk of sounding a bit repetitive, consider...
- Reconverted Idiot said I feel a bit sick after looking at those photos. U...
- Rancid said APX – These were not Canadian Agents. The a...
- Reconverted Idiot said Meanwhile, US and UK media remain silent on the pl...
- Theodore said Mark Steyn, columnist extraordinaire, commented on...
- Reconverted Idiot said No photos therefore no evidence gathering ability...
- RuariJM said 160? Assuming that figure is correct, it is less t...
- LarryW2LJ said “Those who would give up essential Liberty,...
- robtbrown said Ipadre I have never had any problem with TSA. I c...
- APX said As one with friends and family members who work fo...
- Defender of Truth said It is not illegal to take photos of federal buildi...
- capebretoner said About 3 years ago, I was crossing over from New Br...
- Supertradmum said Americans are just not getting it. The government...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said iPadre: Autocorrect will also occasionally throw i...
- anilwang said From what I’ve read, it’s related to t...
- Fr. Erik Richtsteig said Oh, and a bishop in a clerical suit with his pecto...
- Fr. Erik Richtsteig said It is important to note that the law prohibiting t...
- Juergensen said It makes sense that a political party devoted to a...
- Fr.Estabrook said A “young pup” here: I wore the cassock...
- LarryW2LJ said vetusta, Many of us Americans have declined to tra...
- dans0622 said I, a US citizen, have always had more trouble gett...
- vetusta ecclesia said Many of the great saints who were prelates wore th...
- vetusta ecclesia said Many of us Europeans refuse to travel to, or trans...
- Sonshine135 said @Elizabeth D *chortle ISIS…IRS…They al...
- robtbrown said In the past certain liberal bishops in the church,...
- Sonshine135 said This weekend, I saw a major protest in Boston on t...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- WDTPRS: 17th Sunday after Pentecost – Satan yearns to crow over your fallen soul
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: New Evangelization
Our Collect for the 17th Ordinary Sunday has roots in the ancient Veronese Sacramentary for the month of July and, with variations, is in the Extraordinary Form on the 3rd Sunday after Pentecost. After some digging I determined that the … Continue reading
In Iraq, ISIS is bulldozing churches and turned the Cathedral of Mosul into a mosque. Meanwhile, many thousands of miles away…
… in the National Post:
What’s happening to Montreal’s churches? Quebec finding new ways to preserve its heritage in a … Continue reading
In the wake of the decision of the State tethered Church of England to have wyshyps (female bishops), the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham set up a “Exploration Day”.
You know that the Ordinariate was created according to the provisions … Continue reading
For your Brick by Brick file.
From the Democrat and Chronicle:
Catholic diocese upends custom on homilies
For the better part of 40 years in churches across the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester, clergy ceded the floor to laypeople for the delivery of … Continue reading
The Collect for the 16th Ordinary Sunday, not in any pre-Conciliar Missale Romanum, has its antecedent in a 9th century manuscript. Enjoy the fine clausula (rhythmic ending).
We have been cheated of the beauty of our Catholic worship in Latin, which … Continue reading
ORIGINALLY POSTED 15 May 2014
You helped the chaplain and the soldiers in Afghanistan with socks.
Now, help some nuns… the other warriors.
You know them, I’m sure: the Dominican Sisters in Summit, NJ. These are the legendary “soap sisters” of Seignadou Soaps. … Continue reading
I have read with concern and anger that a court in Louisiana has ruled that a priest of the Diocese of Baton Rouge, who had heard the confession of a minor concerning abuse by an adult, can be compelled to … Continue reading
With the rapid degradation of morals, the overturning of common sense and natural law, and the dissolution of civil rule of law in these USA we are seeing – and this is not a surprise – a rise of open … Continue reading
Many media outlets (e.g. NYT, NRO, Rod Dreher), are noticing the plight of the people of Holy Innocents Church in midtown Manhattan’s reviving Garment District.
There is now a good article at the National Catholic Register about Holy Innocents, though I … Continue reading
I saw a post at a Lutheran blog calling for - wait for it – more Latin in their liturgy.
As a convert to Holy Mother Church from Lutheranism, I found this pretty interesting. I am aware that there exists a … Continue reading