Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- M. K. said I think that Damian’s point about the Holy F...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: Obviously COTT is not a correctiv...
- rtjl said The problem is that, while taking power out of the...
- Priam1184 said Nice move Holy Father. Thank you.
- Lyons said Does an individual Bishop in the US have the autho...
- LarryW2LJ said Article from the NY Daily News: http://www.nydaily...
- Matthew Gaul said Regarding the national conferences, perhaps it is...
- Reconverted Idiot said “I note the absence of Fr. Z, but, hey! Ther...
- Venerator Sti Lot said gracie (et al), Another sweeping prudential measur...
- Gerard Plourde said I agree with Lori Pieper that “the fact that...
- Thorfinn said I’ve heard explanations of the proper recept...
- stephen c said robtbrown – I have reread the sentence ̶...
- Reconverted Idiot said frjim, really sir, are you not in the least ashame...
- Reconverted Idiot said If the girl is from a protestant sect the easiest...
- otter said The institutional Church and the institutions of r...
- Kerry said To suppose if only the Church did this, or did tha...
- Reconverted Idiot said Yup, as Mundabor recently opined regarding ISIS su...
- JonPatrick said Fr. Jim, I guess if you feel communion on the tong...
- Reconverted Idiot said Defender of Truth said: “We’ve known for yea...
- Volanges said In the last 40 years I’ve heard a priest exp...
- EFOF91 said New York City New York Manhattan Cuidad de Nueva Y...
- Reconverted Idiot said Middle-space (n): neither hot space nor cold space...
- robtbrown said Stephen C, Many people think that Paul VI’...
- Cosmos said I’d be very surprised if that is how Pope Fr...
- Benjamin said Re @Scott W.: it would be Conducat sanitati!...
- Grateful to be Catholic said If the satanist returned an unconsecrated host, wh...
- Phil_NL said I think Damian Thompson did put several very apt p...
- vetusta ecclesia said National Episcopal Conferences are a bane. The gre...
- VexillaRegis said Hmm. I think they gave up too easily. Something is...
- Martlet said When you have Catholic priests who are members of...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: New Evangelization
His Hermeneuticalness, my friend the soon-to-be-moving Fr. Tim Finigan has a great post on an important topic. HERE
He brings up the point of receiving Holy Communion in such a way that it becomes “routine”.
I suggest that people examine their consciences … Continue reading
There is a fine bishop in England, in Shrewsbury (across the river from Liverpool). His Excellency Most Rev. Mark Davies recently addressed the Faith Movement during their conference. ZENIT has more.
Young Catholics Urged to Engage in Spiritual Warfare
Bishop Stresses Need … Continue reading
You probably know about the Church of the Holy Innocents in midtown Manhattan’s reviving Garment District. This is the only church in NYC where you can find Holy Mass in the Extraordinary Form.
Holy Innocents is a great place and many … Continue reading
One of my favorite parish in these USA, along with St. Agnes in St. Paul and St. John Cantius in Chicago, is Holy Innocents in Manhattan.
Lately there has been talk of closing the parish. Quite a few national news outlets … Continue reading
From a reader…
Father Z, would you help me with an EF etiquette question? I’ll be attending the First Mass of Thanksgiving of a priest friend newly ordained into the Institute of Christ the King. It will, of course, be in … Continue reading
From a reader…
Often, I will hear the notion that Catholics have a right to the sacraments based on canon 843.1. However, the Sacrament of Orders is clearly not a right according to paragraph 1578 in the Catechism. What is the … Continue reading
I saw this report about a prayer rally for Christians who are being persecuted, who are dying and on the run, in Iraq, murdered and tormented by Islamic terrorists. HERE
This is what Pope Francis was talking about. ¡Hagan lío!
Holy Innocents … Continue reading
Back in 1993 Mother Angelica blew up when, at World Youth Day (10-15 August), there was a mimed Stations of the Cross during which a woman portrayed Christ. Someone gave me a recording of her reaction.
She called out the dissident nomenklatura … Continue reading
Pilgrimages are little lives. We encounter people, who have their own issues and goals. We find out things about ourselves. We have our faces set towards the goal. There are hardships.
I saw this at nwi.com:
Polish Catholic pilgrims march across Northwest … Continue reading
There is an interesting piece at Hell’s Bible today about the Diocese of Brooklyn’s new Co-Cathedral, “the enormous, 102-year-old Church of St. Joseph on Pacific Street in Prospect Heights”.
I have visited too few churches in Brooklyn, but the next time … Continue reading