Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- The Masked Chicken said “As I personally experienced, a priest (Air...
- iamlucky13 said “For whatever reason, the priest may not agr...
- cresci said PS: The Government gets the people on their side b...
- cresci said I have read all the other comments superficially,...
- Philippa Martyr said I guess the single in question will know already b...
- Philippa Martyr said Hi Imrahil - I understand entirely what you mean b...
- The Masked Chicken said ‘Who doesn’t turn to Lucius for light...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Was not Pope Benedict XVI’s first homily in...
- wmeyer said Can anyone here speak to the quality of the Latin...
- The Masked Chicken said No. no..you’re not being sneaky enough. To...
- cresci said This number of seminarians is common on most major...
- Seamus said I believe it was St. Boniface who wrote to the pop...
- Luciano said marcelus, the ammount donated by Itaipu Damn to th...
- wmeyer said Father, as with the price of the car… if you...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said wmeyer says: Amazon commissions HA! They go towar...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “They sometimes scan, you see, with OCR and...
- Dr. Edward Peters said mparks, interesting. will look. (btw, they are pro...
- HeatherPA said Thanks for the link, Father. Ordered a copy also f...
- AdamRules247 said Fr., I have read one statistic, though it haven...
- wmeyer said Father, do you mean to say that all those Amazon c...
- Kathleen10 said @HyacinthClare, nope, I have it too.
- wmeyer said I have no tea leaves handy, but thankfully, the ex...
- rcg said Didn’t you once post a video lampooning R...
- rcg said That is so cool.
- Grateful to be Catholic said Cardinal Kaspar is miffed because other cardinals...
- HeatherPA said Wow, what a vivid illustration of the point proven...
- Gerard Plourde said As Fr. Z points out, there is much that we donR...
- Christophorus1208 said Dr. Peters quoted Redemptionis Sacramentum, “There...
- HyacinthClare said This has to be a man thing. I just don’t g
- xgenerationcatholic said If it is this easy to remove bishops and you don...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Posting comments here
- I still want that Veyron, but this was pretty spiffy.
- Thanks to and Mass for benefactors
- Of Latin oddities
- Pre-Order until 7 October 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- I am not making up this coffee flavor!
- Scratching my head about the bishop in Paraguay
- Kneeless in Seattle
- FOLLOW UP: Good news on the Spanish Front! – Spanish TLMs in D. Raleigh a success!
- ¡Hagan lío! Taking HIM to the streets!
- Card. Kasper gives YET ANOTHER interview to America Magazine and an Argentinian daily
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
- Multiple sins of the NETWORK nuns exposed
- “Bitter clash”? In your dreams, liberals.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Pope Francis
A few days back the Vicar of Christ, Pope Francis, gave an interview to Il Messaggero.
There wasn’t much of interest in it. The Pope is becoming a little bit more careful, it seems. Rush Limbaugh and Michael Sean Winters were … Continue reading
Did you notice that Pope Francis, for Sts. Peter and Paul, went back to the ordinary modern pallium which all the metropolitan archbishops wear?
So, in the space of about 10 years we have seen the longish, archeologizing pallium first used … Continue reading
The Holy Father had an interview with the Italian daily Il Messaggero. It isn’t all that revelatory and I suspect that not too many people will be excited about it.
There is little more statism in it. One thing to note, … Continue reading
His Holiness Pope Francis said during his last Wednesday audience before the summer break that those who believe that they can have a relationship with Jesus outside the Church are on a harmful and dangerous path.
From AsiaNews, which has more … Continue reading
Andrea Tornielli tells us that the Holy Father granted an audience to the embattled Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate.
Oddly, we didn’t hear about this meeting before. It happened on 10 June. Usually the Pope’s meetings are listed in public sources, … Continue reading
Liberals will eventually turn on Pope Francis. There are even some indications at The Fishwrap that this is starting.
Francis’ style doesn’t seem conservative at all, but he is NOT going to change doctrine. As a matter of fact, I wouldn’t be … Continue reading
Apparently His Holiness of our Lord is drawing X’s through his appointment book. Everything must go! Wednesday audiences, daily semi-public Masses, etc.
In addition to clearing his book for July, tonight in Rome he has chosen not to accompany the Blessed … Continue reading
Francis: “I get ‘existential hives’ when I see that everyone takes it out against the Church and Pius XII”
I buried the lead. When I wrote HERE about that Vanguardia story, recounted by CNA, I didn’t mention the most important thing.
Pope Francis stuck up for Ven. Pius XII:
One of your projects is to open the Vatican archives on the … Continue reading
In a story on CNA we read that the Holy Father gave an interview to La Vanguardia.
Inter alia, His Holiness said,
I pray every day the divine office every day with the Psalms of David. We do the 150 psalms in … Continue reading
Pope Francis and marriage… what’s up with that?
Here is something that he said about marriage in his daily, off-the-cuff sermonette:
Pope Francis celebrated Mass this morning with a group of married couples at various stages in their life’s journey in … Continue reading