Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Rachel K said This is an excellent letter from BP Loverde. I was...
- UncleBlobb said I am listening every day, Father. Thank you very m...
- wanda said Praying for your speedy recovery and the strength...
- jameeka said Thank you Father Z, and I am praying for your spe...
- Siculum said I wish I could’ve made it to that speech by...
- Siculum said @abasham: The Arlington Catholic Herald, which I r...
- Magash said How sad is it that I would be satisfied with a chu...
- Siculum said Yipes! Praying.
- Siculum said Chiming in.
- abasham said That’s why we love our bishop here in Arling...
- Athelstan said …to submit their ideas on the qualities they...
- wmeyer said frjim said: Clever. Donohue (the phony expert) quo...
- Mike said Why the calumny, frjim4321? Why the contemptuous...
- acardnal said Forty, fifty years ago one had to make a real effo...
- Magash said The John Jay study took great pains NOT to explain...
- Pax--tecum said Wow, that’s an improvement. Lovely! “S...
- Mojoron said It’s maybe time to place stipulations on the...
- A.D. said Prayers for a quick miracle of healing, Father. H...
- wmeyer said Praying for you.
- Priam1184 said This stuff is as bad as heroin, and actually proba...
- jfk03 said Pornography is a terrible scourge, infecting even...
- Filumene said Can’t wait to read it. Does the heart so mu...
- tcreek said An unexplored problem – How many existing pr...
- Mike said Bishop Loverde’s counsel is well worth readi...
- Mike said Popup in IE 11 on Windows 7 worked without a hitch...
- Mike said The faithful of the Diocese of Madison — and...
- Colette said Hope you’re feeling better today Father! Thr...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: I’m not really a fan of reservati...
- Mike said Immaculate Mary, health of the sick and help of Ch...
- mschu528 said His Excellency is in the chapel of the Bp O’...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Pope Francis
From Vatican Insider:
Cardinal Zen says destruction of the Catholic Church continues in China
Despite the hopes raised by Pope Francis’ election, Sino-Vatican relations are still at a standstill. China’s new leader, Xi Jinping, has not kept his promises and the Chinese … Continue reading
Yes, yes… we know that Rolling Stone, which recently featured on its cover the photo of the Boston Marathon terrorist, has now jumped onto the Pope Francis bandwagon.
The real take away from this is that, while Rolling Stone and other … Continue reading
From the Cardinal Newman Society (see their RSS feed box on my sidebar):
Notre Dame Professor Wants Pope Francis to Allow Some Abortions
A philosophy professor at the University of Notre Dame published an opinion piece at the New York Times arguing … Continue reading
Not all liberals are happy.
You can’t make up a headline like this.
Pro-animal groups appeal to pope over dove attack
ROME — Animal rights groups on Monday appealed to Pope Francis to end the practice of releasing doves from a Vatican window … Continue reading
During his daily off-the-cuff, non-magisterial sermonette today, Pope Francis spoke about priests. And he didn’t bash them! In fact, as a refreshing change of pace today, he said some good things about priests.
“On the contrary, it is impossible to understand … Continue reading
In case you have forgotten already, it’s the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity! I am sure that you have participated in many meaningful celebrations.
In the Low Countries, however, a shadow has been cast over this august occasion.
Protestants are shocked and … Continue reading
Any time I come into even tangential contact with MSNBC I feel the need for a shower.
This, however, shows just how blinkered those blighters are. From Examiner.com:
MSNBC host shocked to learn Pope Francis opposes abortion
For liberals, abortion is the closest … Continue reading
This is interesting.
Do you remember my post and comments about Pope Francis and collegiality? Collegiality: an inquiry
This is from Sandro Magister: The pope gives, the pope takes away
VATICAN CITY, January 14, 2014 – In addition to the appointment of cardinals, … Continue reading
How ridiculous are things getting in the wake of The Francis Effect™?
Here is a headline from Reuters. I really hope that the otherwise bright Phil Pullella didn’t impose this:
Pope, in nod to conservatives, calls abortion ‘horrific’
What a shocker! The … Continue reading