Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- mschu528 said And a perfect time to be thankful for His Holiness...
- danhorse said Thanks for the nice post, Fr. Z. Happy Easter. God...
- anna 6 said God bless our dear, sweet, Benedict XVI. May he ha...
- lsclerkin said Father, http://www.naturalnews.com/044758_coffee_c...
- HighMass said P.S. MOST of the Mass (Fathers Parts were Chanted)...
- HighMass said Michaelus says: Michaelus speaking of Portland, Or...
- catholiccomelately said A holy and blessed Easter to you, Fr. Z, and to al...
- catholiccomelately said A holy and blessed Easter to you, Fr. Z, and to al...
- Urs said BTW… These were UNDOCUMENTED immigrants̷...
- AVL said I had never heard of Tenebrae until now, so I look...
- Julian Barkin said “Msgr. Rudolph Bandas has been a peritus at...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said excalibur: You are welcome.
- AV8R61 said My wife is Romanian and she makes Easter eggs colo...
- amsjj1002 said What a beautiful day that was! I’ve known...
- UncleBlobb said Thank you very much for all these LentcaZts, Fathe...
- Dimitri_Cavalli said “And one more thing.”–Lt. Columb...
- excalibur said I found a great pastrami sandwich …. So that...
- Charles E Flynn said How Dante Saved My Life: A midlife crisis is cured...
- Bea said Ah, masked chicken, I know how you feel. Since all...
- Michaelus said I will never forget it. I was on vacation in Port...
- pannw said I wish we could all have a huge party so I could t...
- acardnal said I am so grateful to Pope Benedict XVI for what he...
- Maria said I often thank God how bless I am for having known...
- djc said After mass we have a baked Ham, Cheddar Cheese and...
- Denis Crnkovic said I (we) used to have traditions many decades ago, n...
- Tina in Ashburn said aww Father. Glad you got a moment of peace. The ar...
- Priam1184 said Still in New York Father? When are you off to Rom...
- Robbie said I remember that day so well. Although JPI and JPI...
- Supertradmum said iepuras, Congratulations and welcome aboard! Maske...
- Kathleen10 said I can only speak for me. I would feel absolutely...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Pope Francis
His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino of the Diocese of Madison (aka “The Extraordinary Ordinary”) appeared with Raymond Arroyo on EWTN and spoke about a range of issues, contraception, divorce-remarriage, “pastoral approach”, Pope Francis’ video to Pentecostals, Francis’ alleged negative … Continue reading
Behold the genesis of the SE.
My spidey-sense tells me that this new structure could be a strong counter-balance to the power of the Secretariat of State, which Paul VI put on steroids and developed into the Curia’s hyper-dicastery (which ought … Continue reading
What is it I have been shouting?
Pope: Be courageous, go to confession
Vatican City, Feb 19, 2014 / 04:57 am (CNA).- During his Wednesday audience, Pope Francis encouraged the pilgrims filling St. Peter’s Square to receive the sacrament of reconciliation. … Continue reading
I would not be in the least surprised were Pope Francis to abdicate when he turns 80. As a matter of fact, I suspect he will.
On that, I saw at Rorate something from La Nación.
The Pope renewed his civil, Argentinian identity … Continue reading
Italian journalist Antonio Socci has opined HERE that perhaps Benedict XVI’s resignation was not canonically valid.
Kindly put, this is a stretch and a half.
Let’s see what he has to say.
The first part of his piece is mostly about how he, … Continue reading
Someone went ahead and carved a life-size Pope Francis out of chocolate.
Yes, people in their zeal to honor the Holy Father sometimes do odd things.
“But Father! But Father!”, some of you are saying, “That chocolate should have been melted … Continue reading
A friend sent me a note with a link to an article on a Kansas City, MO, news site. I wrote on this a few days ago, but am just returning to it now.
The note from my friend included this … Continue reading
Pope Francis has made it clear that he considers dimly women religious who are not fruitful. He has admonished nuns not to be “zitelle… spinsters, old maids, biddies”. To be called “una zitella” isn’t a compliment in Italian.
“But Father! But … Continue reading
With a big hug for Reese and Winters over at National Schismatic Reporter, there is an article from the NY Post that deserves your attention.
Also, I ask you readers for a favor, below.
My trademark emphases and comments:
Meet the new pope — same … Continue reading