Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Cheddar299: Bishop Hying spoke at our Men’ s conference this year. I liked his presentati on. A link is below from our catholic radio station here in Columbus. https://st gabrielrad io.com/...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: Fr Zuhlsdorf, Wikipedia must be wrong. [Imagine that.] I don’ t know the new ordinary at all, but by the sound of your effusive praise for him, we shouldn 217;t be...
- lsclerkin: It’s a relief and comforting . http://www .institute -christ-ki ng.org/mil waukee-new s/70-confi rmations-a t-st-stani slaus-milw aukee
- carndt: My precious daughter is 30 years old on April 25. She recently married a loving man. They have moved to Grand Rapids, MI for him to start a new job. Pray for their new life together.
- TomG: Assuming then that he is a friend of tradition?
- Thorfinn: You don’ t have to stick your tongue all the way out … but … our congregati on was advised to do so by a good retired priest and I’ve found it helpful. DonR...
- tmartin747: Just because you have 2 half brains close to each other it doesn’t make 1 full brain
- Katherine: Well, Father, you have much good advice here in broad terms. Here is some help where the rubber meets the road: As someone has already said, priestly guidance is very important. When...
- HvonBlumenthal: In the business world, a CEO who misled the public about his corporatio n, due to an incomplete knowledge of the regulation s governing the market, would be fired, probably with a...
- maternalView: The foundation of the group must be either weekly Adoration or rosary or both. Then care of the altar. I would suggest only those who show up for Adoration or rosary get altar assig...
- richiedel: It seems Bishop Hying being appointed to the Diocese of Madison is good news.
- teomatteo: Reporter: “Why does the catholic church hate gays?̶ 1; Cardinal: “Wel l, that is a good question, now historical ly certain words were used that may have been misunde...
- hilltop: When Popes monkey with the Catechism’ s content, altering its language to change what the Church has taught and to include what the Church hopes will change in the future (witness JPII’s...
- Gregg the Obscure: The language is unfortunat e in that it is vague and susceptibl e to a modernist interpreta tion. The drafters would have done well to have quoted doctors of the Church St. Basil...
- JonPatrick: My youngest son who is getting married next month was having to deal with an hour and a half commute to work in a different state, found an equivalent job only 15 minutes from their...
- Gab: These podcazts have all been treasures but this one today is outstandin g, Fr Z. ( St. John Chrysostom ’s sermon was passionate and uplifting! ) I love the historical tid-bits at the...
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- raven31: For Easter Sunday TLM at a parish near my college, we had a choir ready but not enough altar boys for High Mass, as most of us are students at my college and went home for Easter. 5...
- Gaetano: There are two sets of churchmen: 1. The set of churchmen qualified to speak to the media. 2. The set of churchmen the media is willing to have on their show. The two sets do not overl...
- Missouri Knight: I loved that Federalist article! Informativ e, and encouragin g. Thanks, Egyptian!
- AureEntuluva: I recently got accepted into graduate school and more recently accepted said admission. I’m attending to receive a Masters in Teaching degree. I’ve never gotten around to “The Space...
- Lauren35: Our Altar Guild has core groups that do weekly cleaning, flowers, laundry, etc. For Ember Days, we have major church cleaning over the course of a day or two. Once a year (maybe twice?)...
- rosula: The exorcists say there are demons behind the LGBT disorders. They know their names. They say that these disorders are on the rise because of “a contagious demonic factor”. Let’s hope the...
- catholiccomelately: Former Protestant here, who learned about linens and altar care at her motherR 17;s knee. And former ordained Lutheran woman, who learned about women̵ 7;s groups from...
- Gab: Fr. Edmond Nyoka baptised 87 people in Mzuzu, Malawi during the Easter Vigil! St Bernadette , ora pro eis.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- GOOD NEWS! 5th Bishop of Madison appointed!
- PASCHALCAzT 51 – Easter Thursday: Hell grasped a corpse, and met God.
- Your Good News
- A lesson in “selective aggression”
- A Cardinal on the ropes of logic
- PASCHALCAzT 50 – Easter Wednesday: You are a holy seed, a new colony of bees, the very flower of my ministry
- Fr. Z seeks advice about women
- A few Easter Vigil moments – UPDATES
- News from Norcia! Benedictines, beauty and beer
- Card. Piacenza to priests: “Wanna be a modern priest? HEAR CONFESSIONS!” Whereupon Fr. Z really rants.
- PASCHALCAzT 49 – Easter Tuesday: Christ won it, but we can lose it
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Tuesday: ZedNet reminder
- ASK FATHER: A 12 year old asks ” #EarthDay is coming up…”
- ASK FATHER: How to receive Communion on the tongue?
- ASK FATHER: Father used the blessing for a train when blessing my car
- PASCHALCAzT 48 – Easter Monday: Year by year by year
- Wonderful wonderful photo
- It pays to be attentive, especially when you are really tired!
- Your Easter Sunday Sermon Notes
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on bombings, Easter and our Catholic identity
- PASCHALCAzT 47 – Easter Sunday: Leave the shrouds in the tomb
- ACTION ITEM: Help for a traditional Catholic seminarian continues! – UPDATED… for EASTER!
- Benedict XVI on the Paschal Candle
- WDTPRS and AUDIO: The Exsultet – explained, translated, sung
- JUST TOO COOL: Fr. Z kudos to Our Lady’s Bees! They survived the fire #NDParis
- LENTCAzT 2019 46 – Holy Saturday: The Harrowing of Hell
- POLL: Foot-washing on Holy Thursday where you are – ORDINARY FORM
- “Behold, I make all things new.”
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: The Coming Storm
After a busy week, I am catching up on things. There came to my attention a TV interview granted by His Eminence Joseph Card. Tobin, in the never-before-cardinalatial see of Newark, less than 17 miles and about a 45 minute … Continue reading
Card. Piacenza to priests: “Wanna be a modern priest? HEAR CONFESSIONS!” Whereupon Fr. Z really rants.
There is a good piece at La Bussola Quotidiana (in Italian) about the Sacrament of Penance. I’ll give you a sample, but I don’t have the energy to translate the whole thing. Prelude: Apparently there was recently something called “Earth … Continue reading
My buddy Fr. Gerald Murray – probably now the best priest commentator showing up on any TV channel or network – was on FNC this morning. He commented on the bombings in Sri Lanka targeting churches and about the meaning of … Continue reading
From the onset I have hoped that the burning of the Cathedral of Notre-Dame will “spark” the Faith in Paris and in France. And I don’t think that it is a mere “coincidence” that the famous church burned. It may … Continue reading
…. No! Really! The NYPost reports – and I have verified through a NYPD source that this is for real – a guy with gas cans walked into St. Patrick’s Cathedral in midtown Manhattan today and got his crazy ass … Continue reading
I am not sure what the schedule was for Palm Sunday at Notre-Dame de Paris, but here is their video of Vespers. Just after this, the fire started. There are views of many things now destroyed… some marvelous, some dreadful. … Continue reading
In 1 Peter 2:2-5 we read: As newborn babes, desire the rational milk without guile, that thereby you may grow unto salvation: If so be you have tasted that the Lord is sweet. Unto whom coming, as to a living stone, … Continue reading
The wooden roof over the stone vaulting of the nave of Notre-Dame of Paris burned and the great spire came down. But the vaulting held! Only a small part came down. Inside #NotreDame. Only a small part of the vault … Continue reading
What a dreadful story. Fire – roof of Notre Dame of Paris. BBC CNBC I wonder if this dreadful shock will awaken the Faith of the Church’s eldest daughter. UPDATE: A recording I made with Voice Memo of the bells … Continue reading
I wrote a rapid reaction to Benedict XVI’s piece HERE. Here are some fuller, additional thoughts. Ratzinger/Benedict writes from a unique perspective of age and the experience of key positions in the Church from post-WWII directly through to the present. … Continue reading
I long for the return of the Forty Hours Devotion, Quarant’ore. This devotion developed in time of necessity. It is not a kind of long Corpus Christi. It is not a long Holy Thursday. It grew up to beg … Continue reading
A priest comes to a parish that has been mired in the guck of liberalism, dominated by aging-hippies and other agents of Hell. He starts to clean up abuses and bring something of Catholic identity back… which is his duty … Continue reading
UPDATE 3 April 2019: There have been developments. I’ve seen two secular outlet stories. Daily Telegraph HERE and ABC HERE Fr. Rynne has been removed from his parish after a visitation by retired Bp. Peter Elliot. It also seems that Fr. … Continue reading
FINALLY! Long-time readers here will recall that I’ve written on occasion about the devastation that a large Electro-Magnetic Pulse (EMP) would cause. A large enough EMP could take out much or all of the electrical grid that our lives have … Continue reading