Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Benedict Joseph: “Tra pped” ; in the priesthood . That lad appears to be trapped in self-decep tion and a lack of faith. I honestly can’ t believe that anyone could utter such a...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Bottom of the post.
- GregB: You can apply this argument to the whole Church. When a person enters into the Church they commit themselves to the New Covenant ratified in ChristR 17;s Blood. Our membership in the...
- Ave Crux: Is there a link to the video, or am I missing it in the article? I could use something edifying right now… . Thank you.
- JustaSinner: Served breifly as 56M, chaplains assistant. My chaplain was DEVOTE Southern Baptist and didn’t much care for Catholicis m. However, he understood that he could not change my beliefs...
- Legisperitus: The chaplain makes a good point about “no rights without duties. 221; It can even be said that our rights stem from our duties. We only have the right to the things we need...
- Akita: Yes, the part about “dead eyes” is telling. When the Democrats champion the unfettered murder of humans in utero they have not only dead eyes but deadened souls. Lord Have Mercy on our dying...
- MrsAnchor: ? That’s fantastic& #8230; Wish there had always been more of those valiant men around.
- acardnal: Let’ s not forget the dramatic win on this date last year (2018) when the Women̵ 7;s Olympic Hockey Team beat their archrivals , the Canadians, for Olympic Gold in a shooto...
- rcg: Hooah! Now I understand why they don’t let priests carry weapons in combat. The other side deserves a chance.
- bobbird: Gary Ross, a NoDak & Bemidji State hockey star, was a member of the 1976 team which just missed a Bronze Medal. He was the last defenseman cut by Herb Brooks. Herb told him to play in...
- Ellen: You aren’ ;t the only one. The movie about it – Miracle is very good too.
- Mariana2: Spiritus sancti gratia illuminet sensus et corda vestra?
- Fr. Kelly: Al Capone was not released from prison when his syphillis became advanced leaving him non compos
- Imrahil: Dear Justalurki ngfool, let’ s not speak about “bei ng raised differentl y”, as the behavioris ts do. Being Catholics, let us speak of objective principles . Object...
- Mariana2: I’ve been staring at that text. …gra tia illuminat semperR 30;?
- Fr. Kelly: I’m the one who raised the question here of McCarrick being in dementia, but I am not wholly convinced of it. The extraordin ary act of rehabilita ting Ernest Cardenal on the same...
- Charles E Flynn: @Charivari Rob, This article does a better job than most of explaining why, although the plane was going 801 mph with respect to the ground, it was not going that fast with the...
- Fr. Jim B: Just received my copy today. It brought a tear to my eye. Why did we ever toss out such beauty and forsake such spiritual potency? I’ll put it to use as often as I can. Step by...
- Lux de Coelo: Well done Br Edmund. You’ve solved my mystery
- Liz: Prayers, Father. I forgot about your injuries. We will be praying for you and all of the priests we know and can think of tonight with Fr. Heilman 217;s 54-day novena and the Litany for...
- Semper Gumby: God bless those men. May they be victorious in battle, and may their shot groups be tight. “And they rose early in the morning, and went out through the desert of Thecua: and as...
- Amerikaner: Just. Plain. Awesome!
- aiello01: The fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23, which comes from the Holy Spirit, is the only thing in Christiani ty that contains the solution for lack of control. It contains peace and...
- Kathleen10: That is so beautiful and so inspiring. God bless them and keep them.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Blog maintenance underway now and for some time to come
- Archbishop Viganò to participants in the Rome “summit” #PBC2019
- Military chaplain reacts to whiny “gay” priests
- 22 February 1980: Miracle on Ice
- My View For Awhile: Rapid Western Strike – RETURN TRIP
- Bob Hope makes insightful observation
- These, ladies and gentlemen, are men.
- Mighty St. Thérèse, victim of “fake news” and the cruelty of libs
- New book from Card. Sarah
- Open Letter From Cardinals Burke and Brandmüller to Conferences of Bishops: “The plague of the homosexual agenda has been spread within the Church”
- Fr. Finigan @FatherTF and the importance of memorization
- During the Rome “summit” we celebrate the Feast of St Peter Damian, Doctor of the Church
- Rome abuse “summit”, an SSPX video, and an @fatherz Jeremiad
- The Rome “summit”, “gay” priests, and #sodoclericalism – Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr. Rutler’s Weekly Column
- BOOK RECEIVED: 1962 Parish Ritual – HUZZAH!
- Archbp. Viganò offers thoughts on The Present Crisis before the Rome “Summit”
- Suffering and attacks on the Church’s “Eldest Daughter”
- Mister McCarrick
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Shiny little fish!
- Interesting observation by @CCPecknold about laicization of McCarrick
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: PRE-LENT BEGINS!
- Of Flaring Suns and Starry Nights
- A quick book plug: A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament
- Opportunity: R.I.P.
- POLL: Prayers after Mass
- “Know also this, that, in the last days, shall come dangerous times.”
- Do you know priests who are struggling, under attack? Terrific movement: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Movement in the causes of Bl. John Henry Newman and Card. József Mindszenty
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: D. Madison
The late, great Extraordinary Ordinary, Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, enjoyed Christmas. On Christmas Eve he had priest friends come for supper before his vigil Mass. That’s where, surely, we would be as I type this. Alas. … Continue reading
The funeral for Bp. Morlino will be on 4 December. He will be buried immediately after the funeral in Madison’s Resurrection cemetery. It was Bp. Morlino’s desire to provide the city and diocese with a new Cathedral church once again, … Continue reading
I am deeply moved by all the emails I have received after the too early passing of Bp. Robert Morlino of Madison, the Extraordinary Ordinary (the ExO). People have written from all over the world. They sense that this is … Continue reading
I received the following: The Funeral Arrangements for Bishop Morlino are as follows: – A Prayer Vigil, with opportunity for visitation, will be held Monday, December 3rd, at the O’Donnell Chapel at Holy Name Heights, 702 S. High Point Rd., … Continue reading
Quickly, some photos from tonight’s Pontifical Requiem Mass celebrated for the deceased priests and bishops of the Diocese of Madison. The Extraordinary Ordinary, Bp. Morlino, celebrated the Mass and did the absolution of the catafalque.
From a reader… QUAERITUR: The last two years about this time of year you have posted a letter from the Extraordinary Ordinary, Bp. Morlino, announcing that he will do Confirmations in the EF. Do you know if he will do … Continue reading
Raymond Arroyo interviewed Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison. It originally aired on EWTN’s The World Over on Thursday 23 August. In another segment, Arroyo interviewed Bill Donohue of The Catholic League. He said something that struck … Continue reading
Many bishops in these USA and in Canada are making statements in wake of L’Affaire McCarrick and the PA Grand Jury Report. Some are better than others. The Bishop of Madison, Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino (aka The Extraordinary Ordinary) … Continue reading
We of the Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison have posted some splendid photos of the 1st Solemn Mass of the new Fr. Peter Lee, ordained by the Extraordinary Ordinary, Bp. Robert C. Morlino for the aforementioned diocese. … Continue reading
PHOTOS @MadisonDiocese – Corpus Christi Mass with Procession – Traditional Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Yesterday evening, real Corpus Christi, we had a Pontifical Mass at the Throne with a Eucharistic Procession at St. Norbert’s in Roxbury, WI, a beautiful little church in a deeply German area of the diocese. Here are a few photos … Continue reading
A sample of the music. We had a great choir from Eau Claire. A few snaps from beautiful Candlemas 2018.
Put this in your calendars. Candlemas is coming up on 2 February. His Excellency Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino will be the celebrant for this Pontifical Mass at the Throne. The rites include the blessing of candles. The music will … Continue reading
On Tuesday 28 November in Madison, the Extraordinary Ordinary confirmed using the traditional Roman Rite. There were quite a few confirmands. We had people from Kansas, Minnesota, Maryland and North Carolina along with folks from area. We started with a … Continue reading
I’ve been watching tweets against Bp. Morlino as part of the ongoing jihad against him here in Madison. These poor people. Ultra-liberal Madison, by the way, was once described by a former governor of Wisconsin as “30 square miles surrounded … Continue reading