Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Genna said The 1400 number is said to be a conservative estim...
- Bea said I’m sure he’s not teasing, Ed the Roma...
- kimberley jean said It would be nice if Archbishop Gregory simply reti...
- kimberley jean said The sad thing is that the police are right. If the...
- Elizabeth M said Interesting. When I first heard the story on BBC...
- jacobi said These stories, by the way, should anyone on the ot...
- Mike said “Burke Derangement Syndrome” would see...
- Matt R said robtbrown, that’s an exception… so I d...
- Mike said benedetta says: Johannes de Silentio, If what you...
- donadrian said Why is this particularly the fault of ‘the L
- vetusta ecclesia said Fr. John Hunwicke had some posts earlier in the ye...
- Cantor said The official report, Independent Inquiry into Chil...
- Joseph-Mary said I highly regard Cardinal Burke, a VERY holy man. B...
- robtbrown said Mdtt R After the death of Cardinal Bernardin ther...
- benedetta said Click on a link to the Schismatic Reporter you say...
- OrthodoxChick said The comments below Mr. Winters’ comments are...
- Matt R said Boulding’s translation is also available in...
- Matt R said They won’t move Bp. Paprocki to Chicago rega...
- Priam1184 said @FrAnt Do you really think that there could be an...
- Jackie L said Burke Derangement Syndrome, is a staple of the NcR...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said Okay, serious Politically InCorrectness follows, a...
- Ed the Roman said FATHER: “My child, that anger is justified. Now c...
- Nightcrawler said Interesting that the Telegraph piece continually r...
- Juergensen said Reading comments on various Internet forums, it is...
- FrAnt said Had it been Catholic, the media would have been al...
- Athelstan said Truth to tell, I have a sinking feeling that John...
- sunnyside said Michael Barber SJ was Francis first American appoi...
- benedetta said Johannes de Silentio, If what you say is true abou...
- wmeyer said janeway, I would also root for Abp. Gregory, but b...
- RafqasRoad said Chris at #36, you wrote, “He included the pr...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- Muslim rape gangs enabled by the Left
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: D. Madison
On the Feast of the Assumption (a holy day of obligation) there will be a Pontifical Mass at the Throne celebrated by His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino (aka the Extraordinary Ordinary), at Noon at the Bishop O’Connor Center.
Also, … Continue reading
For those of you in striking distance of Madison, WI….
On Sunday, the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul, there will be a Pontifical Mass at the Throne celebrated by His Excellency Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison.
Mass will … Continue reading
Legislatures don’t make the laws in these USA anymore. Judges nobody elected have taken over. They do whatever the hell they want in this new kritarchy.
A case in point. A US District Court, Judge Barbara Crabb, struck down as unconstitutional … Continue reading
YOU DID IT! 100% Fulfillment of the requests for socks. I am really proud of you.
1800 pairs of sock in less than a month and a half.
Our own “Cantor”, frequent commentator here, broke down the purchases by location. NB: British … Continue reading
Our very own “acardnal”, frequent commentator, assisted today at the Solemn Holy Mass celebrated by the undersigned at Holy Redeemer in downtown Madison. He took some photos and has graciously shared them.
This was the first time that one of the … Continue reading
In the Left-leaning Wisconsin State Journal columnist Doug Erikson offered a piece on 16 April called “In the Spirit: Bishop Robert Morlino’s foot-washing policy draws national press, petition effort”. Erickson’s bias against Bp. Morlino in favor of a liberal activist group … Continue reading
Last year Pope Francis went to a jail on the edge of Rome and washed the feet of a couple of females
Today in the WSJ (Wisconsin State Journal) there is a rather feeble attempt to stir a little more controversy … Continue reading
Deacon By Deacon.
His Mightiness, Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of the Diocese of Madison (aka “The Extraordinary Ordinary”), descended upon Nebraska recently to ordain men of the Fraternity of St. Peter to the holy diaconate.
Note… gloves, dalmatic, simple … Continue reading
The the Wisconsin State Journal there is a long interview with His Excellency Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison (aka “The Extraordinary Ordinary”), occasioned by the approaching 1st anniversary of the election of Pope Francis. Full transcript HERE
Many … Continue reading
With a tip of my biretta to Badger Catholic:
“Truth and charity can never be separated.”