Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gaetano: The issue is one of responsibl e stewardshi p. These things have been entrusted to our care, and we have a duty to use them wisely. My one concern is using linseed oil as a firearm lubri...
- maternalView: Well I’ve been to a few churches that graciously recognized that there are those who wish to kneel to receive and thus have provided kneelers. It seems to have increased the...
- APX: FWIW: the reason the communican t responds “Amen” before receiving in the OF is because the communican t is affirming, “Yes, I believe” (that that’s the Body of Christ). In the EF the priest...
- RichR: We have more and more younger Catholics in our parish receiving on the tongue. Many will kneel, and Fr. doesn’t bat an eyelash. I think priests who offer both Forms of the Roman Rite don’t...
- RichR: Fr. Murray is a shepherd of souls. He takes a tragedy and turns it into an invitation to grow in faith. Always a sober, yet kind message from him.
- eamonob: I attended the Tridentine Mass, but it was the 1962 Missal, so foot washing was included. Only men chosen, obviously.
- Luminis: Thats so sad to see this video.
- Lurker 59: There is a major difference between an environmen talist and a conservati onist. Your environmen talist thinks that nature is fine the way it is, best not messed with, and that the world...
- APX: I also say “Amen” before sticking my tongue out in the OF.
- capchoirgirl: JesusFreak : I say “ame n” and then open my mouth to receive.
- Gab: Video of a bishop refusing Communion to those who kneel https://gl oria.tv/ar ticle/FPMY SM4Wmvft3B vCbtGVxdPz 4 [Alas, there are clerics like this, who lord it over people. This is the worse...
- JesusFreak84: I look a bit like the head-back- no-tongue guy because the Lord did not give me much of a tongue XD Maybe it was meant as a hint that I’m not getting? =-p Anyway, what about...
- Bonaventurian: Well of course there̵ 7;s a risk for profanatio n when you’ re handing out the body, blood, soul, and divinity of Our Lord like a Ritz cracker. It’s no wonder belief...
- Semper Gumby: William Kilpatrick wrote: “ 230;if there is no God, there is no ultimate standard by which the state itself can be judged. Hence, the state becomes the ultimate arbiter of...
- iPadre: I used that blessing before, not for a car but, for my backyard railroad. https://ww w.youtube. com/watch? v=AsDo8QQm 4Rc [Thanks for that! That’ ;s is so cool.]
- Jerome Charles: Unbelievab ly sad news for this country and our Church. Please consider helping through Catholic Relief Services in Sri Lanka: https://ww w.crs.org/ our-work-o verseas/wh ere-we-...
- Justalurkingfool: THANK YOU, Fr Z for posting this photo and THANK YOU, Kathleen10 , for your comment. Years ago, although she was a older than this little angel, our daughter helped me to conti...
- Kathleen10: These were good and certainly timely, my outlook lately is not rosy. Hey Grant M, that was fun to read.
- Jerome Charles: bobbird, I have an opposing view. Our church chooses only men, and I don’ t stand up and make a scene, but I do step outside for that part of the Mass. I will not pander to...
- Mario Bird: ATTENTION CATHOLICS: State epidemiolo gists are issuing a “Cod e White̶ 1; warning, due to heightened frequency of Triduum Fatigue Syndrome (TFS) during the past week. There...
- JustaSinner: When Father blessed my last Mercedes convertibl e, he blessed it that it would bring me to Church often; it did. He had a request 211;top down ride. Granted.
- WmHesch: “Autorhaed a” (automobil e) is used in 1965 AAS pg. 140
- Spinmamma: Once again I leave your podcast a little more enlightene d, a little more contemplat ive, and filled with what I can only describe as solemn joy. Helped along, of course, by the exquis...
- mrsmontoya: Blessed Easter Monday, Father! I’d like to download this audio file but the download link only launches the webpage with the imbedded file. Is it possible to get this? I would like to...
- carndt: Our pastor talked about humility. Except that the first 10 MINUTES, he talked about his exploits as a master ping-pong player even as a seminarian . Even showed a 22 second video clip of...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- PASCHALCAzT 49 – Easter Tuesday: Christ won it, but we can lose it
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Tuesday: ZedNet reminder
- ASK FATHER: A 12 year old asks ” #EarthDay is coming up…”
- ASK FATHER: How to receive Communion on the tongue?
- ASK FATHER: Father used the blessing for a train when blessing my car
- PASCHALCAzT 48 – Easter Monday: Year by year by year
- Wonderful wonderful photo
- It pays to be attentive, especially when you are really tired!
- Your Easter Sunday Sermon Notes
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on bombings, Easter and our Catholic identity
- PASCHALCAzT 47 – Easter Sunday: Leave the shrouds in the tomb
- ACTION ITEM: Help for a traditional Catholic seminarian continues! – UPDATED… for EASTER!
- Benedict XVI on the Paschal Candle
- WDTPRS and AUDIO: The Exsultet – explained, translated, sung
- JUST TOO COOL: Fr. Z kudos to Our Lady’s Bees! They survived the fire #NDParis
- LENTCAzT 2019 46 – Holy Saturday: The Harrowing of Hell
- POLL: Foot-washing on Holy Thursday where you are – ORDINARY FORM
- “Behold, I make all things new.”
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: D. Madison
From what I have picked up, many people these days look at annual diocesan fundraising drives and campaigns with deep suspicion or even resentment. I have received numerous emails asking about the morality of cutting off money to dioceses or … Continue reading
The late, great Extraordinary Ordinary, Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, enjoyed Christmas. On Christmas Eve he had priest friends come for supper before his vigil Mass. That’s where, surely, we would be as I type this. Alas. … Continue reading
The funeral for Bp. Morlino will be on 4 December. He will be buried immediately after the funeral in Madison’s Resurrection cemetery. It was Bp. Morlino’s desire to provide the city and diocese with a new Cathedral church once again, … Continue reading
I am deeply moved by all the emails I have received after the too early passing of Bp. Robert Morlino of Madison, the Extraordinary Ordinary (the ExO). People have written from all over the world. They sense that this is … Continue reading
I received the following: The Funeral Arrangements for Bishop Morlino are as follows: – A Prayer Vigil, with opportunity for visitation, will be held Monday, December 3rd, at the O’Donnell Chapel at Holy Name Heights, 702 S. High Point Rd., … Continue reading
Quickly, some photos from tonight’s Pontifical Requiem Mass celebrated for the deceased priests and bishops of the Diocese of Madison. The Extraordinary Ordinary, Bp. Morlino, celebrated the Mass and did the absolution of the catafalque.
From a reader… QUAERITUR: The last two years about this time of year you have posted a letter from the Extraordinary Ordinary, Bp. Morlino, announcing that he will do Confirmations in the EF. Do you know if he will do … Continue reading
Raymond Arroyo interviewed Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison. It originally aired on EWTN’s The World Over on Thursday 23 August. In another segment, Arroyo interviewed Bill Donohue of The Catholic League. He said something that struck … Continue reading
Many bishops in these USA and in Canada are making statements in wake of L’Affaire McCarrick and the PA Grand Jury Report. Some are better than others. The Bishop of Madison, Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino (aka The Extraordinary Ordinary) … Continue reading
We of the Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison have posted some splendid photos of the 1st Solemn Mass of the new Fr. Peter Lee, ordained by the Extraordinary Ordinary, Bp. Robert C. Morlino for the aforementioned diocese. … Continue reading
PHOTOS @MadisonDiocese – Corpus Christi Mass with Procession – Traditional Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Yesterday evening, real Corpus Christi, we had a Pontifical Mass at the Throne with a Eucharistic Procession at St. Norbert’s in Roxbury, WI, a beautiful little church in a deeply German area of the diocese. Here are a few photos … Continue reading
A sample of the music. We had a great choir from Eau Claire. A few snaps from beautiful Candlemas 2018.
Put this in your calendars. Candlemas is coming up on 2 February. His Excellency Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino will be the celebrant for this Pontifical Mass at the Throne. The rites include the blessing of candles. The music will … Continue reading
On Tuesday 28 November in Madison, the Extraordinary Ordinary confirmed using the traditional Roman Rite. There were quite a few confirmands. We had people from Kansas, Minnesota, Maryland and North Carolina along with folks from area. We started with a … Continue reading