HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gaetano: We must always remember that certain seminary staff have worked long and hard to make their students profoundly ignorant. It is no accident.
- John Pomeroy: We were taught that the Trinity is a dad and son playing catch with a football in the sanctuary. SERIOUSLY. IN THE SANCTUARY. DURING MASS. By our diocese 217;s Judicial Vicar of...
- Sue in soCal: Done.
- Roy Hobbs: IIRC, this is the same bishop featured in the video below, who less than two months ago, refused communion to those kneeling. https://yo utu.be/Bkx KpXfmbyc
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Perhaps someone is over analyzing this!
- Magnificat13: I’d be glad to help Fr. Z. I’m an IT profession al with experience in servers, app and tools developmen t and support. I have done a good amount of work in Wordpress as well and...
- Fern: Yes, Amen! The reality is that those in command are simply waiting for those of us who remember to pass on and that won’ t be long. We know that God wins in the end but it is sad to see...
- Semper Gumby: Amen.
- Semper Gumby: Samuel Gregg in a 2016 article at Public Discourse: “Tho se who write the histories of the twenty-fir st century will, I suspect, list an address delivered at a German univers...
- Semper Gumby: From Benedict XVI’ s 2006 Regensburg Address: “The decisive statement in this argument [over the Bible and the Koran between Byzantine emperor Manuel II Paleologus and an...
- Amante de los Manuales: Fr. Z: “the following heresies 8221; But if we are only likening the Holy Trinity to the above things analogical ly, then there should be no problem, no? [Well...
- Sanguszka: The correct plural is gins and tonic. The gin is measured as a quantity per glass (though probably not measured in a Catholic home) and therefore is plural; whereas the tonic is added ad...
- hwriggles4: One takeaway that I remember from the Sunday evening Mass I attended (I went to a different parish this week) was the deacon mentioned the structurin g of the readings. The first...
- Malkia: May God bless you Fr Z and Our Lady of Consolatio n hold you close.
- Alice: Somehow our family managed to hear two Trinity Sunday sermons without any Bad Analogies or accidental heresies. Our Deacon was meditating on the Trinity as an outpouring of love between the...
- Sue in soCal: What do you think of “the Trinity is a community& #8221; comparison ? That was the homily at the church we attended Sunday.
- Adaquano: Our deacon focused on how Trinity Sunday and anytime we contemplat e on the Trinity we should focus on the love of God for us, and how that love is reflected in each person of the Trini...
- acardnal: A heresy not mentioned above: using vodka! FatherR 17;s homily discussed nature and person, the what and the who of the triune God.
- FN: Father told the story of St Augustine and the little boy digging a hole on the beach. Says it all really!
- Eamonn Gaines: Prayers offered.
- Ms. M-S: The Trinity is a mystery to us because it’s beyond our earthly understand ing. Since we humans only very poorly really understand our physical universe, with the best theories of the...
- Gab: No mention of shamrocks or anything as trite. A few St Augustine mentions however.
- bartlep: I attended a Latin Mass celebrated by a Norbertine priest. He said the only way to salvation was through the Catholic Church. To the argument that many people in foreign lands may not have...
- UncleBlobb: A bit late, but praying.
- Semper Gumby: Unfortunat ely, not for the first time regarding both Pope Francis and the USCCB: No, take a closer look.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- A Solemn Mass in Albany in the presence of the bishop. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Your Trinity Sunday 2019 Sermon Notes and the “Trinitini” martini
- Thoughts about the change to CCC 2267 on the death penalty
- Chilean priest’s episcopal consecration axed because of some comments
- Canonist Ed Peters eviscerates bishops – one in particular – who won’t apply law
- USCCB meets. They talk about the “nones”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- New “Chernobyl” TV show and the End Times
- A “Catholic Signal Corps” – Thinking about a Catholic digital future and this blog
- ASK FATHER: Traditional aspergillum or “whisk”?
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Antonio Socci on why Benedict is still Pope and Sam Gregg on the Struggle for Western Civilization
- ASK FATHER: Pipe organs, being expensive, how about manually pumped reed organs?
- ASK FATHER: Alb for a boy’s pretend “Mass” set?
- ASK FATHER: Marital relations after a tubal ligation 22 years ago out of fear of pregnancy
- On a painfully hopeful day, consolation arrives – new icon of Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy
- Wherein Fr. Z reads, rants and prays
- Chief of the Vichy Knights of Malta forbids the Extraordinary Form
- Your Good News
- Cardinals and Bishops issue a “Declaration of Truths” intended to “aid” the Supreme Pontiff
- Octave of Pentecost PODCAzTs
- Great concelebration photos during Chartres Pentecost Pilgrimage
- Your Pentecost Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: DXing and Vatican call sighting, and Vatican Radio LATIN news program
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s warp and weft hold true
- “Why should I send somebody in my place to be killed?”
- DAY 9 – Novena of Prayer to the Holy Spirit – AUDIO
- DAY 8 – Novena of Prayer to the Holy Spirit – AUDIO
- Bp. Paprocki bans pro-abortion politicians from Holy Communion
- NCRegister about D-Day Catholic chaplains
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: sermon
Here is a quick PODCAzT partly to get me going again and partly because the topic really got my mind going. Today we hear from Martin Mosebach’s wondrous The Heresy of Formlessness: The Roman Liturgy and Its Enemy (Revised and … Continue reading
Was there a good point made during the sermon you heard for this 1st Sunday of Lent? Let us know. Mine…
Sometimes I post “good news” posts. We all need good news for a change, right? One piece of good news gets special notice today. My good friend Fr. Tim Finigan, PP of Margate, is posting more often again at his exceptional … Continue reading
From a reader… At mass on Sunday, after the congregation stood for the Gospel, the pastor asked us all to sit because he was going to combine his sermon with the Gospel. The best way to describe it is to … Continue reading
Was there a good point made in the sermon you heard for your Mass of Sunday Obligation for this 1st Sunday of Lent? Let us know! For my part… well… here it is. Since I am in LENTCAzT mode, I … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: It has happened at least two times now where our pastor has preached 30 second homily and then says, ” and now our resident seminarian will offer some words on today’s gospel. ” The seminarian then … Continue reading
I am not eager to do many posts like this, but here is an exception. This interests me because of the state of preaching in these USA. I received an email from a reader… + Hello, Father! My name is … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I have a serious question. Should a nun w or wo a habit (I got wo habit of course) be allowed to give a homily by the priest who just got done reading the Gospel. I was under … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Last night the priest saying Mass, said that a nun who was the head of a Theology department at a university could dictate who had faculties to say a homily at the university church. So the … Continue reading
First, you might scan what I wrote back on 5 July 2013 about these canonizations. Wherein Fr. Z explains what is really going on with the canonizations of John XXIII and John Paul II I can add another element, below. … Continue reading
From a reader. QUAERITUR: What does a laywoman do if the Priest or layperson (this has happened) giving the homily at a mission starts promoting so called “same sex marraige” or trashing the teachings of the Church? Walk out? Take … Continue reading
From a reader: Today, the priest gave an overtly political homily that I have no doubt you would have found highly inappropriate. Think Fr. Michael Pfelger of Chicago. I sat through it in stunned disbelief but some got up and … Continue reading
I had a useful and edifying experience today. In a way what happened today dovetails with what I experienced a week or so ago when I carried the Blessed Sacrament for Corpus Christi in the streets of Manhattan. But I’ll … Continue reading
From a reader: May a priest give his sermon off the altar and peripatetically — wander into the aisle of the nave to deliver it? I am not aware that there is any legislation which specifically forbids a bishop, priest or … Continue reading