Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Benedict Joseph: It’s either clueless or feigning cluelessne ss. Either way its off the rails. May the Romper Room Synod reveal itself for exactly what it is without ambiguity.
- MissBee: Father I scrolled down and said aloud, at my desk, “wha t the hell is that?̶ 1;. Hopefully I am not in a state of venial or mortal sin, now.
- un-ionized: dbf223, the sodomy rainbow has six colors, not seven, indigo is missing. God’ s rainbow has seven colors.
- Malta: I wonder what the gay-friend ly Pope has to say about this: https://ww w1.cbn.com /cbnnews/u s/2018/oct ober/switz erland-vot es-to-crim inalize-ho mophobia-a nd-hate-sp eech Switzerlan d...
- Archlaic: @chantgirl : you read my mind and saved me the trouble of trying to format a list on a small screen! All I can add is: someone please throw a net over him and get him off the stage!...
- Man-o-words: Kinda hard to ignore the pattern.
- chantgirl: A rainbow cross, right now, while our sodocleric alist scandals are raging? The Synod is looking like one big grooming party. We are not to believe our lying eyes when: -Francis refuses...
- JuliB: The explanatio ns are ridiculous and insulting. While it references some obscure youth organizati on, and could also be compared to the promise to Noah, but… the rest of the world...
- SanSan: Grateful for you *grateful* and for all the faithful who love and understand the plight of all of our brothers and sisters. God is in charge. All is well. Peace.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Vincent196 7 says: But now, now, I have to make known where I am. I have posted in the past who/what I am, but also and as well my desire and prayer to accept the challe...
- MrsMacD: @iPadre And a sombrero!! He he he.
- iPadre: Matching ferula, mitre, and vestments? ;-)
- Grateful to be Catholic: I have also heard that “dark satanic mills” refers to the universiti es that where becoming unhinged from their religious origins and embracing scientific positivism and...
- MaHrad: Even if those colors have meaning other than an LGBT flag, why do they need to be in that order? Having kids with lots of colored toys, I’m well aware that you can order the colors...
- MrsMacD: I think that cross is hideous. I hate how sodomites have stolen our precious rainbow for their filthy sin promotion. I wish/pray Pope Francis becomes a Catholic and a saint. Dear Vincent...
- Charivari Rob: Thank you, Will.
- dbf223: The optics here are clearly bad, but there̵ 7;s some clear difference s from LGBT symbolism: – The cross does not include the color purple, whereas gay pride rainbows all feature...
- Il Ratzingeriano: Adding to my previous comment, I for one cannot make light of this. It is deeply upsetting to me. It is worse than merely giving a signal of support to gay rights and in the...
- Il Ratzingeriano: It is a sacrilege pure and simple. The rainbow colors signify the approval of sodomy, which is a sin that cries out to heaven for vengeance. Lying is also a sin. It theref...
- Man-o-words: It is always dangerous, and probably sinful, to guess or assign intent to another 217;s actions. I actually believe that falls well in the realm of bearing false witness, as we...
- Ave Maria: It goes well with that thingy of a staff he was carrying that could be interprete d as a “sta ng”. They just keep pushing the envelope and keep the scandals coming.
- Joy65: Dear Lord, PLEASE continue to give your good, holy, devout, TRUE Priests and clergy the graces they need to do YOUR will in YOUR Church. PLEASE Father Son Holy Spirit, Blessed Mother Mary,...
- hwriggles4: Years ago, even up to circa 1970s, I heard it was common to sterilize men and women with disabiliti es such as Downs Syndrome and mental retardatio n (that̵ 7;s what therapi...
- cwhitty: The clergy, especially this blog, have such an obsession with blaming homosexual ity for everything . I highly doubt that that is the real source of the problem of clerical sexual abuse....
- KateD: Vincent196 7, What has been going on in the Church has made me look hard at my faith, too and caused me to contemplat e…. options. There will always be a Judas quotient among those...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and priests who can say them
- WHAT IS THAT? Francis wearing rainbow colored Cross.
- 23 October: Bp. Egan of @PortsmouthRC calls for Masses of Reparation
- Eugenics in our recent past
- Some good news from Montana, a laugh, and some reactions to Paul VI canonization
- 16 October 1978: Election of John Paul II – 40 YEARS!
- Archbp. Chaput interviewed by The Pill – #sodoclericalism
- Fr. Longenecker: “ALL ARE WELCOME…TO WHAT EXACTLY?”
- #Synod2018 concerns in a couple of sharp sentences. Then Fr. Z rants.
- 15 Oct: St. Teresa, calendars and fascinating fountains! (A note to NAC seminarians and Rome denizens.)
- ASK FATHER: Celebrating Conciliar Saint Popes in the Traditional Roman Rite
- The future of the Church (hint – NOT #Synod2018)
- How the Left rolls
- #Synod2018 underway but there are no rules. Making it up as they go?
- ASK FATHER: Coalition in Support of “Ecclessia Dei” – What’s up?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Dodging Global Extinction Events
- VIDEO: Pro-abortion propaganda v. Catholics in NYC
- JUST TOO COOL: The ‘tricolours’ ensign of Le Généreux, captured by Nelson on display
- ASK FATHER: Pastor won’t allow TLM wedding in “his church”
- WDTPRS – 28th Ordinary Sunday: Fascinating Collect, seminar on grace!
- The unhinged Left now turns to satanism, witchcraft to fight Pres. Trump, Justice Kavanaugh
- SSPX Superior Fr. Pagliarani interview: “we have to have souls ready for all sorts of sacrifices”
- What to do with former-Card. McCarrick’s galero in the @WashArchdiocese Cathedral
- Something fun for Friday
- ASK FATHER: ” I feel that my Faith is just being torn apart”
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST: Australia and removal of all abortion restrictions
- Francis accepted Card. Wuerl’s two year old resignation, wrote him a Letter
- ASK FATHER: Official Latin of Fatima Rosary Prayer
- NOTE TO READERS about email and contact
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia
I saw a really interesting video at Jihad Watch. It is about the building of a mosque at the site of the super-important Battle of Tours, 25 October 732, where Charles “the Hammer” Martel routed the Islamic invaders.
A mosque at … Continue reading
From a reader…
In the 1962 Rubrics, Votive Mass of any Saint with an entry in the Roman Martyrology. Does this include the current Martyrology?
No and yes.
No, in the sense that Summorum Pontificum authorized the use of the books in force in … Continue reading
Today there was an terror attack in New York City. An Islamic, ISIS inspired Bangladeshi terrorist brought a bomb into the Port Authority during the morning rush hour. It detonated earlier than intended it seems, injuring the idiot badly. Stupid … Continue reading
On a related note, see the end.
From the appropriately named Crisis:
Can the Church Recover Its Fighting Spirit?
The Islamic world is waging—and winning—a war on Judeo-Christian civilization.
With 1.3 billion Catholics worldwide, the Catholic Church is potentially one of the most powerful … Continue reading
Today at The Catholic Thing there is useful information about Islam and its tenets.
Is “Dawa” in your vocabulary?
So, what do you know about dawa? You know what jihad is, and what sharia is. That is Islamic vocabulary 101.
At the more … Continue reading
News from the Religion of Peace comes to us via AhlulBayt News Agency:
ISIS burns 19 Yezidi girls to death in Mosul
AhlulBayt News Agency – Extremist terrorists of the ISIS on Thursday executed 19 Yezidi girls by burning them to death, … Continue reading
The practitioners of the Religion of Peace have been at it again.
Gunmen execute 16 people, including 4 nuns, in Yemen retirement home
A team of gunmen unleashed a massacre at a retirement home run by Catholic nuns in Yemen Friday, … Continue reading
Today, 22 October, is the feast of the glorious martyrs Sts. Nunilo and Alodia!
Nunilo and Alodia were 9th c. virgin martyrs in Huesca, Spain. They were born to a Muslim father and Christian mother. They chose their mother’s Christianity.
As a … Continue reading
From The Christian Post I learned another horrible thing about terrorists of the Religion of Peace.
As the death toll from the Garissa University College massacre climbed to 148 Friday, eyewitness accounts from survivors revealed a harrowing picture of how students were … Continue reading
Boko Haram kills, ‘beheads with chainsaws’ 40 people to derail Nigeria elections
Militants from extremist group Boko Haram attacked several Nigerian towns, torching houses and fatally shooting those who fled before reportedly beheading some of the bodies with chainsaws. The string … Continue reading
Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem.
Some scholars of Late Antiquity are skeptical about or even scoff at the ancient tales about Christian children who refused to renounce Christ even in the face of terrible pain and fear.
Even in our modern period, … Continue reading
The members of the Religion of Peace like to try to kill innocent people on anniversaries, it seems. Today, the Canadian Parliament was attacked. HERE I suspect they weren’t Quebec separatists.
Today is the Feast of St. John Paul II. BUT!…
Today, … Continue reading
Meanwhile, even as – as some people claim – there are within the Church those who wish to bring her down. There are – as is patently clear to anyone with a brain – there are outside the Church those … Continue reading
The Holy Roman Empire and the Ottoman Empire were at war. Vienna had been under siege for months. On 11 September a coalition of Christian forces, a Holy League blessed by Bl. Pope Innocent XI, arrived with Jan III Sobieski, … Continue reading
The incarnation of evil called ISIS (ISIL… whatever), according to the tenets of the Religion of Peace, bravely beheaded another helpless journalist.
Prayers for him and for his family.
Prayers that more people will wake up to what is happening with the … Continue reading