SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Rediscovered video about and with J.R.R. Tolkien
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 7
- Daily Rome Shot 598, etc.
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 09 – Monday 2nd Week of Advent: Patience and Prayer
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 6
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 2nd Sunday of Advent – 2022
- Daily Rome Shot 597, etc.
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 08 – 2nd Sunday of Advent: Loving Judgment
- DIEBUS SALTEM DOMINICIS – 2nd Sunday of Advent: Patience
- Daily Rome Shot 596, etc.
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 5
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 4 Dec ’22 – 2nd Sunday of Advent
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 07 – Saturday 1st Week Advent: Dissipated souls
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 4
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 06 – Friday 1st Week of Advent: Pure of Heart
- An answer that left a newsie speechless!
- Daily Rome Shot 595, etc.
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 3
- ADVENCAzT 2022: 05 – Thursday 1st Week of Advent: Darling plant
- CRISIS: A Unified Theory of “Backwardism” – Go read it NOW.
- Daily Rome Shot 594, etc.
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 2
- Swiss Bishop abolishes office of diocesan exorcist. What could go wrong?
- ADVENCAzT 2022: 04 – Wednesday 1st Week of Advent: Wanton women
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 1
- Daily Rome Shot 594, etc.
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 03 – Tuesday 1st Week of Advent: “Choose life!”
- The Federalist’s reaction to the “Hell’s Bible” hit piece against TLM-going Catholics
- Daily Rome Shot 593, etc. video and a BOOK suggestion
- ADVENCAzT 2022: 02 – Monday 1st Week of Advent: “Wake up!”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Monthly Archives: December 2008
Have you seen this? Amazing photos.
I was alerted to this interesting piece from the Boston Globe. My emphases and comments. A talk with The Rev. Richard P. McBrienLife as a theologian, commentator – and lightning rodBy Michael Paulson December 28, 2008 CATHOLICISM IN AMERICA is … Read More
In the Novus Ordo, today is the Feast of the Holy Family. We are also observing Sunday in the Octave of Christmas. A liturgical “octave” is an eight day period following and including the feast. In a way, the Church … Read More
I received a gift card for a good grocery store in the Twin Cities and as I left town I got a few things I would not ordinarily have bought. Tonight for supper I made a little rainbow trout! I … Read More
In the Archdiocese of St. Paul & Minneapolis, His Excellency Most Rev. John Nienstedt, the Archbishop, has spoken very firmly about the need to defend the right to life and the urgent need to resist FOCA. FOCA would remove all … Read More
How about some photos of your parish church’s decorations?
I adjusted the view of the Z-Cam. While I was gone it had shifted a bit. I have it sort of jury-rigged in a window with a little tape.
I was alerted this morning, over breakfast with one of the most erudite priests of my acquaintance of a book review in the Wall Street Journal. Let’s have a look with my emphases and comments. What Happened at Vatican IIBy … Read More
Which an’ I’m carving a rib roast, ain’t I.
Here is a tree. An 11′ Frasier Fir.
This is very cool…. I have found that I can have more than one stream ready to stream and then toggle back and forth between them! I have a stream running on an antiquated ‘puter in the chapel and one … Read More
A couple shots from my phone on the way back from Mass this morning. We have a white Christmas!
Yeah… well.. this is a bit more practical, I’m afraid. Over the last few days I have had some problems with my big computer’s sound card. Tonight it totally crashed. I had to do a system restore and… … it … Read More
Christmas has three Masses, at night, at dawn and in the day. Let us use the Mass in nocte or “Midnight Mass”. Using the texts of the orations, let’s drill into our “Midnight Mass” in the Extraordinary Use of the … Read More
I was able to fix the problem with the browser crashing everytime I tried to open the Ustream main page or any video. If I can fix this also on my old laptop in the chapel then we’ll be in … Read More
I am pretty nearly completely snowed in right now. Some plowing, even this evening, will help. But I must wait for tomorrow morning to get out of here, I think. Sooo… Perhaps I’ll say a Midnight Mass … on the … Read More
So many of you have enriched my life by participating here during the last year. Thank you. I will say one of my three Christmas Masses for all those who have been benefactors through donations or who have sent me … Read More
We have come to the Vigil of Christmas. This is celebrated in the evening of Christmas Eve. It is not the Midnight Mass, or Missa in nocte. This Mass fulfills your obligation. Let us look rapidly at the three prayers … Read More