More prayers, please. It’s doctor time now.
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- jaykay on Daily Rome Shot 695: “San Giuseppe al Trionfale – dating from only 1912, as the inscription shows. https://romanchurches.fandom.com/wiki/San_Giuseppe_al_Trionfale Nice to see the formal uniform…”
- JGavin on Meanwhile, in Kansas: “To Mr Fitzpatrick’s comments, I have been struck by the observation that in commercial real estate it can be cheaper…”
- RichR on Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again: “Our priest started using the Latin form.”
- TheCavalierHatherly on Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again: “I would argue that if one thinks that lay people are too stupid for Latin, then it naturally follows that…”
- WVC on Daily Rome Shot 694: “@Panterina Same here. I tried a lot of different ideas, and I came up with nothing. I was hoping someone…”
- Simon_GNR on Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again: “For a couple of years my then regular confessor always used the Latin words for the Absolution. He’s a really…”
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on Daily Rome Shot 695: “White to move. White is down. My attempt. 1. e7 Rh2+ 2. Bh3 Re2 3. Bg2+ Rxg2 4. e8=Q Aaron…”
- aegsemje on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments: “Novus Ordo Mass in a very liberal college town, not my normal parish. The priest wore purple vestments. There were…”
- WanderingConvert on 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church! : “Ite ad Ioseph. Just completed a Novena to him to honor the third year anniversary of my consecration to him.”
- JamesM on Meanwhile, in Kansas: “@yeager An SSPX priest has gone through rigorous formation at seminary prior to ordination. Their seminaries are all full. Rest…”
- JustaSinner on 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church! : “Protector of the Holy Church? I’m wondering if he has orders from a Higher Source to sit this one out.”
- Panterina on Daily Rome Shot 694: “I’m afraid this problem is beyond my calculation horizon. Also, so many candidate moves! I tried 1.Qxf7+ and 1.Qxe8 but…”
- Panterina on Daily Rome Shot 695: “White is down the exchange, but has a passed pawn on e6 that is two moves away from promoting. Black…”
- Jenson71 on LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying: “That’s an interesting interpretation of why Joseph was considering leaving Mary. Matthew seems clear that he was considering of leaving…”
- Charivari Rob on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty: “Patty? Saint Patricia isn’t until August 25. Paddy – he of that nice shade of blue – is the one…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian
- Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again
- Daily Rome Shot 696
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 28: Tuesday 4th Week – “What abundance! What generosity!”
- Happy AEQUINOCTIUM!
- Daily Rome Shot 695
- 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church!
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: 4th Sunday of Lent – Joy
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments
- Meanwhile, in Kansas
- Daily Rome Shot 694
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 25: Saturday 3rd Week – Getting it right after doing it wrong
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 24: Friday 3rd Week of Lent – Burn, baby, BURN!
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me…” The mighty Lorica of Saint Patrick
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- A peek at the Moon
- Daily Rome Shot 692
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 23: Thursday 3rd Week – Jesus applies the remedies
- 15 March – A ramble about the #IdesOfMarch
- Positions available for Catholic, Latin-speaking Latin teachers
- Daily Rome Shot 691
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 22: Wednesday 3rd Week – Whom Christ loves and what He despises
- Daily Rome Shot 690
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 21: Tuesday 3rd Week – Help and hospitality
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 20: Monday 3rd Week – Washing Naaman
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Praying and passing on the request to St. Anthony and friends
Please have someone stay with you. Praying.
Ugh! Hate having to go to the doctor. Prayers on the way!
*Praying.* I hope you feel better soon, Father.
Good idea, Fr. Z. Get to the doctor. Praying still.
I’ve asked all the saints of Scandinavia to interceed for you, and I will pray for you aswell!
Get well soon. St. Rafael, pray for Fr. Z.
Prayers and is your patron the Baptist or the Evangelist or another John? I shall ask his help as well.
Prayers for a swift recovery, Father!
Praying for you Father! Get well.
I will pray for a speedy recovery Father!
Prayers for health coming your way, Father.
@SuperTradMum: IIRC, Father’s patron saint is St. John the Baptist. I believe he has posted about having two feast days because of having this particular patron.
Of course, I could be utterly misremembering. Even if I am, though, I doubt that St. John the Baptist will disdain any such requests. ;)
In any case, best wishes for a speedy recovery, Father.
My husband and I will rememer you this afternoon during the Rosary. Get well soon, Farther.
I’m so glad you’re seeing the doctor.
God Speed, Father.
May you speed , now to a quick recovery.
Prayers being offered for you.
Prayers for you Father and to Saint Vincent Ferrer
O Glorious apostle and thaumaturge, St. Vincent Ferrer, the new angel of the Apocalypse and our protector, accept our humble prayer and bring down upon us the abundance of divine favors. By that charity which animated thy heart, obtain for us from the Father of all mercy the pardon of our sins, steadfastness in the faith, perseverance in good works; so that living a fervent Christian life, we may deserve thy powerful patronage. Extend that patronage even to our bodies, and free them from infirmity. Preserve our fields from the damages of storm and hail, and keep off all misfortune. Thus favored by Thee with blessings in soul and body, we shall ever be thy devout clients, and one day with thee praise God in heaven, world without end. Amen.
On the way up, Father.
I hope you will start feeling better very soon.
And I really liked jameeka’s suggestion, above, that you get someone to come stay with you if that’s at all possible. Nothing worse than being sick when you’re on your own.
Oh no! We will keep praying. I hope you have a good doctor.
I hope you feel better soon Father!
You’re included in my roseries.
Praying. Get well!
Feel better soon Father, and I’m glad you’re going to see the doctor. Prayers for you. Being sick is no fun.
Prayer for you and the doc for good diagnosis and treatment.
Prayers for you, Father.
Pater, Ave, Gloria
I recently had a stroke which put me on the ground after a run; I was helicopter lifted to a trauma center (despite my pleas not to do so–I’m a prior EMT).
For whom the Bell Tolls–it tolls for thee, but also me!
Sorry for your hospital issues, Father, honestly very sorry.
Germany is still praying!
So is a German in France. It’s night here, and very quiet, and some encense smoke might convey my prayers to the Heaven.
A Glory be to the Father… and a Hail Mary that you return to good health soon, Fr. Z.
Praying for you Fr. Z!
Praying for you, Father!
Will continue praying for you, Father.
Prayers coming your way Father. We would all understand if you took a few days to rest and recuperate. Take care of yourself first.
Dear Fr. Zuhlzdorf,
, I am praying earnestly for your swift and full recovery, for the doctor who will be attending to you, , that they diagnose correctly and treat appropriately your condition, as have others mentioned also.
Additionally, echoing the thoughts of other commenters, I trust and pray that there is someone on the ground to be with you, help you, and do for you as and when is needed, as others have stated, being unwell on one’s own is a rotten thing indeed. I wonder if readers here who know Fr. personally and live near by could lend a hand??? Pity we’re half a world away here, but I’ll be praying all the more as I am sure other Aussie readers will.
take time to rest and recover.
St. Rafka, pray for Fr. Zuhlzdorf.
Most definitely Fr. Z! I will certainly keep you in my prayers for a speedy return to good health. God bless and thank you for all the good you do!
“When thou fallest sick, do not neglect thy own needs; pray to the Lord, and thou shalt win recovery. Leave off thy sinning, thy life amend, purge thee of all thy guilt. With frankincense and rich oil make bloodless offering of meal; and so leave the physician to do his work. His task is of divine appointment, and thou hast need of him; let him be ever at thy side. Needs must, at times, to physicians thou shouldst have recourse; and doubt not they will make intercession with the Lord, that they may find a way to bring thee ease and remedy, by their often visiting thee.”
Sorry you are not well, Father. Prayers on a quick recovery.
How are you doing today, Fr. Z? Any better? Please let us know, it’s important to change prayers to thanksgiving if so.
Hoping and praying you are better Father.
Prayers for you Father; hope you are better soon.
Memorare and Mass tomorrow
Prayers said, Get well soon.
Are you feeling any better, Fr. Z? I sure hope so!
OK. Doctor? Sheemeny Fr.! I hope you’re better soon and will pray for you, asking intercession especially through Our Blessed Mother Mary and St. Michael.
God Bless You Father, get well soon.
p.s. no more sick altar boys assisting! :)