SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Look at even more of “Desiderio desideravi”
- Daily Rome Shot 496
- The power of the traditional liturgy to open people up to the Catholic Faith must never be underestimated.
- Just Too Cool: Salt and Pepper repurposed
- ASK FATHER: Devotions for months and days of the week
- “Gregorian Mass” match ups: available priests with people who have requests
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT PRAYER SUGGESTION! Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- ASK FATHER: How can we help priests who are in “hot water” because they are traditional?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 4th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 14th Sunday)
- African Zairian Rite celebrated in St. Peter’s Basilica – UPATED: Meanwhile, Down Under….
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: What is “devotion?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 32: My View For Awhile
- 1 July – Most Precious Blood and also the Feasts of St. Junipero Serra and St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- ROME 22/06 – Day 31: Someone saw the list… no… the Letter!
- Look at more of “Desiderio desideravi”
- You have seen the logo for the 2025 Jubilee? – UPDATED
- 29 June 1972. Paul VI says, “the smoke of Satan has entered the Church of God”
- Francis’ NEW “Desiderio desideravi” an Apostolic Letter “on the liturgical formation of the people of God” – an attempt to explain Traditionis custodes, to calm the storm
- Batten down the hatches!
- ASK FATHER: Are we obliged to avoid businesses which will pay for employees’ abortion?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 28: Guess the meat
- In your goodness, pray for falsely accused priests and canceled priests
- ROME 22/06 – Day 26: Indulgences and indulgences
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 3rd Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 13th Sunday)
- ROME 22/06 – Day 25: Really day 26, but… hey!
- ROME 22/06 – Day 24: “talkin’ ’bout my g-g-generation”
- It’s as if the stars aligned on 24 June
- ROME 22/06 – Day 23: Resistance is futile
- On this Feast of the Sacred Heart, when SCOTUS overturned Roe, remember that “Abortion Pill” use will be pushed hard by the Left, and that there is a SAFE REVERSAL after the first pill. @HeartbeatIntl
- US SUPREME COURT issued Opinion on Dobbs v. Jackson – ROE and CASEY OVERTURNED
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Monthly Archives: March 2020
From a reader… QUAERITUR: With the outbreak of COVID-19 in Seattle and the shift to exclusively private masses, I imagine there are a good number of priests in my city saying the EF who could use servers. What’s the best … Read More
PLEASE use the sharing buttons! Thanks! Registered here or not, will you in your charity please take a moment look at the requests and to pray for the people about whom you read? Continued from THESE. I get many requests … Read More
Today is Lady Day, the Feast of the Annunciation, the instant of the Incarnation. However, 25 March is also the Feast of the Good Thief, St. Dismas! Fulton Sheen famously quipped of this thief-saint that he “stole heaven”. A good thief … Read More
UPDATE My bad. There was one more button to click to make it live. TOMORROW I’ll get it right. I was tempted just to say Mass again… but I really shouldn’t do that without exception need. My screwing up the … Read More
Today the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (which absorbed my old office, the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei“) issued a decree making it possible to celebrate saints canonized after 1906 using the traditional Missale Romanum. HERE In another decree … Read More
Huge news for the use of the traditional Missale Romanum, the Extraordinary Form. The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith absorbed my old office, the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei“. Thus, the CDF has charge over matters of the Extraordinary … Read More
Michael Matt of The Remnant posted a super video of a Mass celebrated by my old friend Fr. John Echert, of my native place in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. Michael also posted THIS. Well done.
You would be surprised at how long and complex the rite is for the consecration of a bell. They are “baptized”, as it were, by a bishop. They are washed with holy water, anointed with the Oil of the Sick … Read More
From a priest… QUAERUNTUR: I am the parish priest at ___. I’m going to use the suspension of public masses to work on my Latin. [Oorah!] Thank you for encouraging and providing resources for this. Could you please send me … Read More
I am not making this up. This is not The Onion. Neither is this Eye of the Tiber. From Breitbart: Pope Francis: Coronavirus Pandemic Is Nature ‘Throwing a Tantrum’ ROME — Pope Francis told a Spanish journalist Sunday that nature … Read More
Practically everything already have or you need is at some point moved by a truck, which means a truck diver. I heard a good idea from a friend. Think about the drivers. They need to have places to rest, refresh, … Read More
From CNA: At least 60 Italian priests have died after contracting coronavirus Rome, Italy, Mar 23, 2020 / 10:07 am (CNA).- In the past week alone, more than 3,000 people have died in Italy after contracting the coronavirus. Among the dead … Read More
ACTION ITEM – In this time of mostly private Masses, priests should use the Traditional Latin Mass, the Extraordinary Form!
From a priest … QUAERITUR: All priests in many countries are now just doing private masses. How about saying them in ef? Thats my plan. [kudos!] Same time every day in the parish church. Can’t get more obviously private than … Read More
Thinking ahead. To be able to live stream to YouTube with my mobile phone, I need 1000 subscribers. Can you give me a hand? HERE UPDATE 23 March: Thank you, dear readers, for helping with this. I had hoped to … Read More
In this time of coronavirus, when people are closed in and Masses have been cancelled, in most places the obligation to hear Mass has been lifted. Otherwise, because of circumstances, you do not have an obligation that you cannot fulfill. … Read More
Did you see rosacea vestments today (hopefully not baby-rattle pink)? Anyone can vote, but only registered and approved users can add comments. What did you see and how did you see it?
Was there a good point made in the sermon you heard at the Mass that fulfilled your Sunday Obligation? What was it? There are a lot of people who don’t get many good points in the sermons they must endure. … Read More
I’ll be saying Mass, in an empty church, on Sunday morning. 0730 CDT (GTM -5) It’ll be strange. But I’ll have you all with me one way or another. HERE
The other day I received my newsletter from the great, , traditional Benedictine monks in Norcia . The beer monks. You might consider subscribing to their beer club! Sign up and receive their terrific beer every month. This is very … Read More