For the last couple of years I have attended great summer conference for priests held in West Virginia, at a beautiful location. The conference is sponsored by the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology.
I’ve been much enriched by what I picked up in the talks and the time with priests was, both times, terrific.
My life is chaos at the moment, but I am going to try to go this year, too. I’m planning about it.
A few factors to help you consider.
- First, while there is a chance to concelebrate, there is also a large chapel set up with individual altars so that priests can say Mass in either form on their own schedule. Last year they did a great job of putting that together and the Blessed Sacrament was reserved there as well.
- Second, there are ample opportunities for confession with good, solid confessors who are not from your own area.
- Third, the food is great.
- Fourth, the evening fellowship is outstanding.
- Fifth, if you care for such things there is this game called “guelph” or “gulf” or something like that.
- Sixth, the region where the conference center is, Oglebay Resort near Wheeling, is quite beautiful.
- Seventh, there is an outstanding bookstore.