SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Broken Wheels, Mystical Nuptials, Lunar Landscapes, and a Funny Nickname
- Daily Rome Shot 590, etc.
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 27 November ’22 – 1st Sunday of Advent
- Daily Rome Shot 589, etc.
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT PRAYER SUGGESTION! Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- Daily Rome Shot 588, etc.
- A zwischenzug
- Daily Rome Shot 587, etc.
- Daily Rome Shot 586, etc.
- ASK FATHER: A vision and promise from a “archangel”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 24th and Last Sunday after Pentecost (Christ the King – N.O.)
- DIEBUS SALTEM DOMINICIS – 24th and Last Sunday after Pentecost
- NEW chant albums by Benedictines – Gower Abbey and Clear Creek
- Daily Rome Shot 585, etc.
- Daily Rome Shot 584, etc.
- ACTION ITEM! I printed a copy of de Souza’s commentary to a PDF and saved it.
- ASK FATHER: Transplant of organ from a person who was a satanist or practitioner of witchcraft, etc.
- WDTPRS – 18 Nov – Dedication of the Basilicas of St. Peter and of St. Paul
- “If the Eucharistic Revival doesn’t address these…”
- Daily Rome Shot 583, etc.
- ASK FATHER: Our bishop refuses to consecrate sacred vessels. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- The USCCB elections viewed from the ‘c’atholic side
- Chicago: Cathedral Rosary Rally for the restoration of the TLM interrupted by an assault
- Daily Rome Shot 581, etc.
- A Jesuit saint, Jesuits not-so-much saints, and prayers
- Daily Rome Shot 582, etc.
- Flying Padre Pio stopped bombers during WW2
- Manifestations of total madness (aka Motus in fine velocior)
- Advent 2022 is but a fortnight away! Fathers, do you have your 2022-23 Ordo yet for the Vetus Ordo?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 23rd Sunday after Pentecost (33rd Ordinary – N.O.)
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: funeral
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I was wondering on how the practice of having viewings before a funeral Mass in Church began? It seems that this practice is becoming more and more common. It seems to me that church viewings are inappropriate because … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I am dying and planning my funeral. I like the formulations in the old Latin funeral more than in the Novus Ordo. Can English translations of the old mass be substituted for parts of the new Mass? The … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: When my Dad died in August we had his funeral mass. He requested cremation and he was cremated following the funeral mass. With the process of interment in a national cemetery (he had served in the … Read More
A small triumph for freedom of religion and a free market. From the New Orleans Times-Picayune: St. Joseph Abbey casket sales can’t be stopped by funeral industry, federal court rules A federal appeals court ruled Wednesday that monks at St. … Read More
I saw this on the site of His Hermeneuticalness, Fr. Finigan, whom I hope to see fairly soon: A correspondent just sent me news of the death of Fr Hugh Thwaites SJ earlier today. I had the privilege of meeting … Read More
There is a truly bizarre story coming to me in email about a rumor that His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, is now requiring priests to use either violet or black vestments for funerals rather than … Read More
From a reader: My Grandfather died yesterday, may he rest in peace, and he was a Presbyterian. My immediate family including my Grandfather’s eldest child (my Mother) are Roman Catholics (my Mother is a convert). As a Catholic, I am … Read More
As I have been repeating, the funeral for the late Sen. Edward Kennedy is still forcing us to think, and discuss, a) what funerals are for, b) what public scandal is. Many people are now confused. Confusion is precisely one … Read More
Originally posted on 20 August… Under other entries people are talking about the strange term "Mass of Resurrection". They are also talking about the color of vestments for funerals, including their own preferences. What would you prefer for your own … Read More