Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
There are a LOT of discounts right now. Remember me when shopping. Just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- DebbieInCT: very timely, thanks so much, Fr. Z.
- aviva meriam: I will pray for these intentions . Thank you, Marion for that informatio n: there is a family I know who could use that as well. Please pray for my sister in law: she is back in the...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: Greg the Obscure, my dear, I’m so sorry to read what’ ;s happening with you and your wife. I started surfing the web for sites that might contain informatio n...
- Glennonite: Chiming in. Know that I visit you everyday, especially your seasonal ‘cas ts’. And as I prepare for Confession later today, your Act of Contrition was a special balm. Thank...
- capchoirgirl: Please pray for my friendR 17;s little boy, Billy, that he may be healed from his potential birth defects. (He’ s unbornR 11;they 217;re having a fetal ultrasound next...
- Michael: Prayers for a young woman in the hospital who is dying, her name is Michelle Neto. May she be prepared well to enter the heavenly kingdom.
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father, specially for the Act of Contrition .
- carndt: Thank you. The podcast come at a very troubling time in my life. Especially in defending the Faith with strength. And see others as Christ sees them even as they wound you terribly in heart...
- carndt: For my uncle in hospice. That his earthly suffering will come to an end. For my fiancé’s brother as he recovers from a severe illness. The recovery will be quite long. Another surgery is...
- DeaconCharleyWaite: Please pray for my beloved friend Jorge who is being ordained as a permanent Deacon this morning. May the Lord abundantly bless him in his ministry.
- Discipula: For my younger brothers and my parents who are all going through a hard time, especially the youngest brother whose been abandoned by the mother of his little child and is falling apart...
- Ms. M-S: Thank you, Fr. Z, for today̵ 7;s offering, especially that amazing Act of Contrition . Is there any way we could print it out for future use?
- grateful: please pray for Kathy̷ 0;and for her mother not to worry. Sweet Jesus, Pray for us.
- JustaSinner: For the most forgotten soul in Purgatory.
- Joseph: Please pray for the conversion of my boss and the people in my workplace, most of which are nominal Catholics. Also, please pray for the younger brother of J. who is suffering mentally, and...
- jcariveau: My dad’s reversion to Catholicis m. Strength to keep my advent penances and to make a good confession before Christmas.
- raven31: For a miraculous healing of my uncle̵ 7;s terminal brain tumor, but more importantl y for his conversion .
- Gregg the Obscure: That, having sold our house to pay for my wife’ ;s medical treatment, i may find a suitable place to live
- visigrad22: For priests persecuted by their bishops for having the courage to speak/prea ch the Truth
- Semper Gumby: Masked Chicken: No worries, thank you. A buddy suggests: “Get a Christus Vincit phone. Latin-only , even the errors look cool. And it has a retractabl e narwhal tusk in case you...
- The Masked Chicken: Dear Semper Gumby, Sorry about misspellin g your name. i was the victim of iPad auto-corre ct and I failed to spot it. The Chicken
- VexillaRegis: Please pray for Fr F, one of the best! , who is severely burnt out. Ask St Therese to shower him with roses so that he regaines his strength and returnes to his position as soon as...
- Anneliese: An interestin g story about St. Lucy, and not sure if this was a direct message from God or just coincidenc e. On the eve or perhaps the morning of the day my father died I had a start...
- scoot: I would like to pass along a prayer request I received from someone else: “Ple ase pray for ‘A.& #8217; (…) [they are] out of surgery, expected to be cancer free, but...
- Semper Gumby: Masked Chicken: Note that my username is “Sem per Gumby.R 21; Thanks. You wrote: “I will say it, again – Unwin’s research would never be published in any reputa...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- More shots of the Pontifical Mass with Cardinal Burke
- ACTION ITEM: Rapid response to help a priest
- Sending snail-mail 2019 Christmas cards
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 14: Guard the Faith from assault
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- St. Lucy and Advent Ember Week
- VIDEO: @BishopHying of @MadisonDiocese in Rome for the ad limina visit 3 & 4
- WDTPRS – 3rd Sunday of Advent: The childlike dash
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 13: “It is not success which counts for God”
- The Last Full Moon Of This Decade
- NYC Days 2-3: Gantlets and gauntlets and decadent carrot cake
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 12: “Advent is a time of being deeply shaken”
- A few more pics of the beautiful Mass with Card. Burke
- Note the twisted moral logic of those in power today
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST: Alphonse Matt, publisher of The Wanderer – R.I.P.
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 11: Tabernacling Himself in His own creation.
- VIDEO: @BishopHying of @MadisonDiocese in Rome for the ad limina visit 1 & 2
- NYC Day 1: Italian Sauce or Gravy
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 10: “Some candle clear burns somewhere I come by.”
- Pontifical Mass with Card. Burke
- STUDIES: When highly developed cultures undergo sexual revolution and license they collapse with monotonous regularity within three generations
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 09: Head and heart
- My View For Awhile: Gotham Assault
- Happy 14th Birthday, Blog!
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 08: “How beautiful thou art, O Lady”
- More homosexualist rubbish from – wait for it! – German bishops!
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 07: “O Come Redeemer of the Earth”
- ASK FATHER: Do I sin if I think that Benedict XVI on purpose didn’t resign the papacy?
- Reflections on the symbolism of the altar rail or Communion rail and some practical suggestions
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Jeffrey Tucker
Kudos to Jeffrey Tucker who has taken over the reins of the blog New Liturgical Movement! Click on the image and go spike their stats as a welcome gesture.
From National Public Radio: New Catholic Mass Already Causing A Stir by Barbara Bradley Hagerty November 25, 2011 This weekend, Catholics may experience a little surprise when they attend Mass. [Not if they have been going to Mass regularly. They … Continue reading
You should be checking out The Chant Cafe with some regularity. I saw this over there. I thought it was apt, considering I have also lately seen a few posts out there in the blogosphere about proper attire in church. … Continue reading
My friend Jeffrey Tucker over at the Chant Cafe has a great entry on music and matters liturgical… and you. He provides bullet points which are each food for thought. Here is how he begins: What We Think We Know … Continue reading
The Church’s sacred music played an important role in my conversion, when I was a young man. There is a great deal of work to do. But perhaps just as in the spring rivers will thaw and log jams start … Continue reading
This is from my friend Jeffrey Tucker’s The Chant Cafe Last February (it seems like years ago), InsideCatholic ran my article called Pay to Pray: The Church’s Simony Problem. Based on years of thought and research, I took aim at … Continue reading
My friend Mr. Jeffrey Tucker has posted on his blog, Chant Cafe, videos with audio of new chants for the Novus Ordo in English according to the upcoming corrected translation. These are intended as tutorials. Some people are claiming that … Continue reading
At The Chant Cafe my friend Jeffrey Tucker, a distinguished Church musician, has a few trenchant comments about some of the music for an even during the upcoming Papal Visit to England. My emphases and comments: Damian Thompson reports on … Continue reading
Allow me please to direct your attention to a new blog of a friend of mine, Mr. Jeffrey Tucker, who is well-known as a Church musician. He is editor of the journal Sacred Music, which for many years had been … Continue reading
In previous weeks I have been saying that Gregorian chant just isn’t that hard and that it can be introduced in parish worship. It really must be in cathedrals and major churches, right? My friend Jeffrey Tucker over at NLM … Continue reading
Liberals want to control the history, the narrative, of what happened during and around the Second Vatican Council. They have had an iron grip on that narrative for years. In recent times, even before the election of Pope Benedict, the … Continue reading