SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Daily Rome Shot 578, etc.
- “The Devil, the Enemy of the soul, always tells us what he is up to.” Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium!
- How can the “four camps” in the Church be reconciled?
- My View For Awhile: Rome Bound
- Daily Rome Shot 577, etc. – Hurricane Early Edition
- Wolves v. Bear, Windswept House, and the Belgian Waffle Bishops.
- Daily Rome Shot 576, etc.
- “This has the logo of the Synod (“walking together”) of Bishops. ” Prepare for a rough ride.
- ASK FATHER: Can a Catholic layman officiate at the marriage of non-Catholics?
- Daily Rome Shot 575, etc.
- I now may have seen it all.
- Ad repellendas tempestates… Prayers for the repelling of storms.
- Daily Rome Shot 574, etc.
- ACTION ITEM! Gulf Coast BISHOPS, PRIESTS, LAITY: Pray the Litany against Tropical Storm #Ian
- ASK FATHER: Hand missals in large print for people with low vision
- Daily Rome Shot 573, etc.
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS – UPDATED
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 16th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 26th Sunday): “Is there a vice which God must hate more than pride?” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- WDTPRS – Collect 26th Sunday of Ordinary Time (Novus Ordo): “the bowels of compassion”
- WDTPRS – 16th Sunday after Pentecost: good works bound up in grace
- Daily Rome Shot 572, etc.
- Persecution by Rome of the Bp. of Fréjus-Toulon – UPDATED
- Travel, foreign currency, ATMS and YOU!
- It’s Ember Friday in September. Fast and pray for the Church! DO IT!
- Daily Rome Shot 571, etc.
- ASK FATHER: My grandparents were Masons. Is there demonic attachment now for generations?
- Daily Rome Shot 570, etc. and a special birthday!
- Serotinal autumnal nycthemeral parity
- My View For Awhile: Southbound
- Daily Rome Shot 569, etc.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: martyrs
When I was living in Rome, I made a point to visit or, if possible, say Mass at churches or altars in Rome dedicated to all the saints of the Roman Canon. Every day, since I read the Traditional Latin … Read More
In 1794, the Place de la Nation on the east side of Paris was called the Place du Trône-Renversé… Toppled Throne Square. In 1792 a guillotine was set up here and the killing began. Robespierre and Barère made terror an … Read More
Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem. Some scholars of Late Antiquity are skeptical about or even scoff at the ancient tales about Christian children who refused to renounce Christ even in the face of terrible pain and fear. Even in our … Read More
From the Quran: “The punishment of anyone who fights against Allah and His apostle and do mischief in the land is to be killed or crucified or to have their hands and feet from opposite ends or be banished from … Read More
I have been spot reading in John Allen’s new book, The Global War on Christians: Dispatches from the Front Lines of Anti-Christian Persecution. Along the same line, I saw this at CNS: Sen. Paul: ‘Worldwide War on Christians is Being Waged … Read More
Today, in his fervorino at Mass, Pope Francis again mentioned the Enemy of your soul, the Devil. He talks about the Devil frequently when speaking off the cuff. From the site of Vatican Radio with my emphases and comments: The Pope … Read More
Have you seen this? From CNA: Madrid, Spain, Oct 19, 2012 / 10:40 am (CNA/EWTN News).- A group of young people shouting, “Where are the priests? We’re going to burn them at the stake,” attacked the Mary Help of Christians … Read More
While we concern ourselves with the monumental question of blessings during Communion (which, yes, it is wrong to do though it is not a matter of maximum weight in our scales of liturgical abuses), this is what is going on … Read More
From CWN: Gunmen kill 4 Nigerian Christians Gunmen on the outskirts of Potiskum, a northeastern Nigerian city of 200,000, have killed four Christians who were fleeing the area in the wake of previous attacks. The Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram … Read More
On the site of the newspaper of the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minnesota, The Catholic Spirit, there is a list of reasons why we go to Mass. It seems the Catholic Spirit have plucked this from Card. O’Malley of … Read More
Today in the 2005 Martyrologium Romanum there is the following entry: 11*. Ad ancoram in salo ante portum Rupifortii in Gallia, beati Antonii Constantis Auriel, presbyteri et martyris, qui, vicarius paroecialis Cadurcensis, temporibus gallicae perturbationis propter sacerdotium in squalida navi … Read More
You all have heard by now about the terrorist attack on the Catholic Church in Bagdad. Here is The Catholic Herald on the attack. Christians have been taking it on the chin in Iraq for a very long time. 9 … Read More
Via our friends at Rorate: From Corpus Christi Watershed: Award-winning filmmaker and Watershed staff member Eric Hinojosa has been living in Lebanon, working tirelessly to bring to fruition a documentary film about the Blessed Massabki Brothers, the Emir Abd El-Kader, … Read More