Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance. Try AmazonFresh Free Trial Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering And you do need a Kindle! - HERE Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- VIDEO: Unhinged Karen’s spittle-flecked, obscenity-laced nutty on hearing that Justice Ginsberg died. LANGUAGE WARNING
- LIVE VIDEO – 19 September 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5) – Traditional Latin Mass – For my benefactors: St. Januarius
- ASK FATHER: Some say @TaylorRMarshall, Tim Gordon, Archbp. Vigano are schismatic. Is this true?”
- REVIEW – TLM ORDO for 2021 by Romanitas Press
- #ASonnetADay – 39. “O! how thy worth with manners may I sing…” (At the doctor’s office)
- ACTION ITEM! Traditional Latin Mass Survey ONLINE
- 18 September – LIVE VIDEO Traditional Latin Mass – 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5): St. Joseph of Cupertino
- #ASonnetADay – 38. “How can my muse want subject to invent…” (And there is an “upstart crow” in the background!)
- Spiffing NEW OLD Book! A Limerickal Commentary on the Second Vatican Council
- Not all is dark in the Church. Tradition is flooding back!
- Thanks from Fr. Z and upcoming Mass for Benefactors
- Since “Black Lives Matter”, nota bene! New pro-life film released today: Divided Hearts of America
- 17 September – LIVE VIDEO Traditional Latin Mass – 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5): Stigmata of St. Francis
- The Ass. of Catholic Priests vape against AG Bill Barr
- 17 September – St. Robert Bellarmine – Doctor and Pot Scrubber of the Church
- September Ember Days 2020 – confusion about the true dates
- ANOTHER priest with an invalid baptism. Fathers! Review the videos of your baptism! ACTION ITEM!
- #ASonnetADay – The other “Ozymandias”! – GUEST SONNET No, not by Shelley.
- Newspaper of the Italian Bishops Conference – Avvenire – defends “Cuties”
- CQ CQ CQ: #HamRadio – International Space Station UPGRADED
- 16 September – LIVE VIDEO Traditional Latin Mass – 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5): Sts Cornelius and Cyprian
- Dates of the Presidential Debates and Feast days.
- #ASonnetADay – Ozymandias – GUEST SONNET by Percy Byshe Shelley
- ACTION ITEM! Seven Sisters Apostolate – Fr. Z’s group
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio issue: Video from NASA about “Our Next Solar Cycle”
- Card. Müller: “[I]t is “better to vote for a good Protestant than for a bad Catholic.”
- Reason #747903 for Summorum Pontificum: JESUITS! Yoga in the church SANCTUARY of St. Francis Xavier (again) in NYC
- 15 September – LIVE VIDEO Traditional Latin Mass – 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5): Seven Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- 15 September: Seven Sorrows of Mary – The “Our Lady of Sorrows Project”
- #ASonnetADay – 37. “As a decrepit father takes delight…”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: HHS mandate
From the Becket Fund For Religious Liberty: Dear Friends, The world watched while the Pope, during his US tour, made a surprise visit to the Sisters “in support of the Sisters’ legal fight.” As you may know, on Holy Wednesday, … Continue reading
The Obama Administration’s war on religion continues unabated. From Catholic News Agency: Obama administration announces new HHS mandate rules Washington D.C., Aug 22, 2014 / 10:33 am (CNA/EWTN News).- The Department of Health and Human Services issued on Friday new … Continue reading
In light of the fact of the continuing erosion of our civil liberties and the marginalization of religion (Christianity) and religious (Christian) values, and in light of the fact that we are in the mysterious period between Ascension Thursday and … Continue reading
I’ll bet that some of you younger readers don’t know who the Viet Cong were and what they did. They started as a tiny groups or cadres of committed Communists, insurgents, in the south of Vietnam, after the end of … Continue reading
How tiny liberal loon crank groups provide cover and distraction for larger, more dangerous initiatives.
In Religion Dispatches which is associated with USC, Patricia Miller opines. Who is Patricia Miller? She is described on the page: Patricia Miller is the author of Good Catholics: The Battle Over Abortion in the Catholic Church. She has written … Continue reading
Fr. Z kudos to Brooklyn’s bishop Most Rev. Nicholas DiMarzio. It is dated, but it is good, and still relevant. With a biretta tip Pewsitter and to Veneremur Cernui I saw this at CNSNews: Catholic Bishop: Obama Is ‘Proponent’ of … Continue reading
I saw an e-cigarette for the first time the other day. At least I saw one close up and knew what it was. A little strange. Apparently they help people stop smoking. That’s good, right? Lo and behold, today I … Continue reading
When will Canon 915 be applied in the case of pro-abortion Democrat Rep. Nancy Pelosi? It is not enough that she may, perhaps, from time to time, choose on her own not to go forward for Communion. It must be … Continue reading
Liberals think we Catholics should not be culture warriors. We should just shut up and be good little statists, acquiescent in the face of social trends. I read at CNA today that the papal spokesman, Fr. Federico Lombardi, SJ, said … Continue reading
Tide of public opinion will swing against Obamacare…. er um… the so-called, misnamed, AFFORDABLE Care Act. Has your insurance been cancelled yet? First, people will see that it’s a bad idea which will cost far too much for far too … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Gerry Murray of the Archdiocese of New York was recently on FNC. He spoke about Pres. Obama’s HHS Mandate. He did a great job explaining some key points and had a few good one liners. You might … Continue reading
While the Little Sisters of the Poor are fighting for our religious freedom, the University of Notre Dame (which gave to the most infamously pro-abortion President of these USA ever the honor of a Doctrate in Law – of all … Continue reading
At NRO Kathryn Jean Lopez makes a good observation about the Hell’s Bible attack on the Little Sisters of the Poor. The New York Times position [which, if you read the piece, is factually wrong] is that the Little Sisters … Continue reading
The Obama Administration continues its jihad against the 1st Amendment, religious freedom, especially Catholic religious freedom. From FNC: Administration to high court: Don’t exempt Catholic groups from contraception mandate The Obama administration on Friday asked the Supreme Court not to exempt … Continue reading