SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Chuck4247 on WDTPRS – 3rd Sunday of Lent (2002MR): Two wings of prayer: “I began tearing up just seeing the title of the clip…”
- Not on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian: “Hope and pray you feel better soon. I have many good friends who are Traditional Nuns in full Habit. They…”
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on Daily Rome Shot 696: “White to move. Look at those rooks. 1. Rf8+ Rxf8 2. Rxf8+ Kxf8 3. Qxh7”
- Animadversor on Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again: “Well, someone should be reciting the Athanasian Creed on the regular!”
- JustaSinner on Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again: “Is it acceptable for Priests to have a printed form, ie cheat sheet, with them in Confessional?”
- cmfzed on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian: “+McB may have good handwriting but I am trying real hard not to be distracted by all the childish doodles…”
- Cincinnati Priest 2 on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty: “All the ruckus about dispensation for St. Patrick’s day in the U.S. seems highly overblown. Is it really a big…”
- Gaetano on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian: “The mention of CPE gave me an instant & involuntary shudder. Indeed, Clinical Pastoral Education is one of the great…”
- VForr on Daily Rome Shot 696: “What a fantastic photo. I am excited for the ones you will be taking and sharing soon during your travels…”
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian: “Not really. Chalk it up to a simple scribal error. Bp. McB has pretty decent handwriting. Something the sisters probably…”
- Deacon Nicholas on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian: “Looks like your spy was able to time travel.”
- David L Alexander on Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again: “At my territorial parish, this won’t be a problem. They always say: “May almighty God have mercy on you, forgive…”
- redneckpride4ever on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian: “If I had to guess, Butch’s grandson enrolled in an ICKSP or FSSP seminary. Nothing screams “schismatic” like orthodox Catholicism.”
- JGavin on Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again: “Simon_GNR, your point re difficult to extemporize or ad lib is an argument for returning to the use of Latin…”
- Philmont237 on Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again: “I had a priest say to me in Confession, “I forgive you..” instead of “I absolve you…” When I asked…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 29: The Ancient Mid-Point
- Daily Rome Shot 697
- VIDEO: Glimpses of Forty Hours
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian
- Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again
- Daily Rome Shot 696
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 28: Tuesday 4th Week – “What abundance! What generosity!”
- Happy AEQUINOCTIUM!
- Daily Rome Shot 695
- 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church!
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: 4th Sunday of Lent – Joy
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments
- Meanwhile, in Kansas
- Daily Rome Shot 694
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 25: Saturday 3rd Week – Getting it right after doing it wrong
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 24: Friday 3rd Week of Lent – Burn, baby, BURN!
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me…” The mighty Lorica of Saint Patrick
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- A peek at the Moon
- Daily Rome Shot 692
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 23: Thursday 3rd Week – Jesus applies the remedies
- 15 March – A ramble about the #IdesOfMarch
- Positions available for Catholic, Latin-speaking Latin teachers
- Daily Rome Shot 691
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 22: Wednesday 3rd Week – Whom Christ loves and what He despises
- Daily Rome Shot 690
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: HHS mandate
5 Facts about the Little Sisters of the Poor SCOTUS case
From the Becket Fund For Religious Liberty: Dear Friends, The world watched while the Pope, during his US tour, made a surprise visit to the Sisters “in support of the Sisters’ legal fight.” As you may know, on Holy Wednesday, … Read More
USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
The Obama Administration’s war on religion continues unabated. From Catholic News Agency: Obama administration announces new HHS mandate rules Washington D.C., Aug 22, 2014 / 10:33 am (CNA/EWTN News).- The Department of Health and Human Services issued on Friday new … Read More
Short video about power of prayer and fasting
In light of the fact of the continuing erosion of our civil liberties and the marginalization of religion (Christianity) and religious (Christian) values, and in light of the fact that we are in the mysterious period between Ascension Thursday and … Read More
Of the Viet Cong and Radical Feminist Nuns
I’ll bet that some of you younger readers don’t know who the Viet Cong were and what they did. They started as a tiny groups or cadres of committed Communists, insurgents, in the south of Vietnam, after the end of … Read More
How tiny liberal loon crank groups provide cover and distraction for larger, more dangerous initiatives.
In Religion Dispatches which is associated with USC, Patricia Miller opines. Who is Patricia Miller? She is described on the page: Patricia Miller is the author of Good Catholics: The Battle Over Abortion in the Catholic Church. She has written … Read More
Bp. DiMarzio: Obama proposes what is “shameful and criminal in the eyes of Almighty God”
Fr. Z kudos to Brooklyn’s bishop Most Rev. Nicholas DiMarzio. It is dated, but it is good, and still relevant. With a biretta tip Pewsitter and to Veneremur Cernui I saw this at CNSNews: Catholic Bishop: Obama Is ‘Proponent’ of … Read More
I saw an e-cigarette for the first time the other day. At least I saw one close up and knew what it was. A little strange. Apparently they help people stop smoking. That’s good, right? Lo and behold, today I … Read More
Nancy Pelosi to receive Planned Parenthood’s highest honor. Can. 915!
When will Canon 915 be applied in the case of pro-abortion Democrat Rep. Nancy Pelosi? It is not enough that she may, perhaps, from time to time, choose on her own not to go forward for Communion. It must be … Read More
Should we be culture warriors or not?
Liberals think we Catholics should not be culture warriors. We should just shut up and be good little statists, acquiescent in the face of social trends. I read at CNA today that the papal spokesman, Fr. Federico Lombardi, SJ, said … Read More
Erosion of support for Pres. Obama’s attack on religious freedom
Tide of public opinion will swing against Obamacare…. er um… the so-called, misnamed, AFFORDABLE Care Act. Has your insurance been cancelled yet? First, people will see that it’s a bad idea which will cost far too much for far too … Read More
Fr. Murray on FNC on Pres. Obama’s “Absurd” War on Women and on the Church
My friend Fr. Gerry Murray of the Archdiocese of New York was recently on FNC. He spoke about Pres. Obama’s HHS Mandate. He did a great job explaining some key points and had a few good one liners. You might … Read More
ND Univ submits to the HHS Mandate
While the Little Sisters of the Poor are fighting for our religious freedom, the University of Notre Dame (which gave to the most infamously pro-abortion President of these USA ever the honor of a Doctrate in Law – of all … Read More
Hell’s Bible attacks the Little Sisters of the Poor
At NRO Kathryn Jean Lopez makes a good observation about the Hell’s Bible attack on the Little Sisters of the Poor. The New York Times position [which, if you read the piece, is factually wrong] is that the Little Sisters … Read More
Obama Administration asks SCOTUS not to exempt Catholic groups
The Obama Administration continues its jihad against the 1st Amendment, religious freedom, especially Catholic religious freedom. From FNC: Administration to high court: Don’t exempt Catholic groups from contraception mandate The Obama administration on Friday asked the Supreme Court not to exempt … Read More
The day virtue was outlawed
Liberal catholics want us all to weenie out and avoid engaging in “culture wars”. Meanwhile, I saw this commentary piece at CNSNews: Free Exercise of Virtue Prohibited as of Today in USA As of today–Jan. 1, 2014–a Democratic administration led … Read More
BREAKING! SCOTUS Justice Sotomayor BLOCKS Pres. Obama’s HHS Mandate
Hmmm…. Maybe I should name Justice Sonia Sotomayor Fr. Z’s Person of the Year. From Politico: Justice [Sotomayor] delays health law’s birth control mandate Justice delays health law’s birth control mandate By: Associated Press December 31, 2013 10:34 PM EST … Read More
Every word s/he says is a lie, including “and” and “the”.
From CrossMap: Congressman Chris Smith: The Big Three Obamacare Abortion Lies of the Year WASHINGTON, Dec. 30, 2013 — Even as President Obama’s now infamous claim, “[i]f you like your plan you can keep it,” is being recognized as the … Read More
Judge gives relief to Archd. NY against the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
Good news to be read at Newsmax: NY Archdiocese: Ruling Against Contraception Mandate Gives All ‘Religious Freedom’ The Archdiocese of New York applauded a judge’s decision Monday that so-called non-exempt religious groups are not bound by the Affordable Care Act’s requirement … Read More
Obamacare, your taxes, and “gender reassignment” surgery. Fr. Z rants a little.
How is Obamacare, the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act, working for you so far? I saw this on LifeSite: Obama administration may add taxpayer-funded sex-change operations to ObamaCare, Medicare, Medicaid DES MOINES, IA, December 12, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The Affordable Care Act … Read More