SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- ProfessorCover on Missae pro Missa Update: News release for traditional Catholic media: “One thing I have often wondered about is how one makes something his intention for a Mass. I typically pray…”
- acardnal on 1993 – 30 years ago when Mother Angelica declared war: “And don’t forget those pesky labyrinths are still around, too.”
- Benedict Joseph on 1993 – 30 years ago when Mother Angelica declared war: “You are getting old, Father, it wasn’t twenty years ago but thirty, even though it does feel like yesterday. I…”
- Charivari Rob on UPDATED – My View For Awhile: deepest darkest Brooklyn: “Eegarding “important errands” and the Flatbush Avenue exit sign: while baseball and Opening Day are indeed important, I regret to…”
- PostCatholic on UPDATED – My View For Awhile: deepest darkest Brooklyn: “Particulate matter (dirt, dust, smoke etc) from the airfield or encountered in flight, even tiny, plus the friction inherent in…”
- InFormationDiakonia on Daily Rome Shot 705 with additional thanks: “Viaggio sicuro Padre Z!”
- Gregg the Obscure on Daily Rome Shot 705 with additional thanks: “safe and happy travels!”
- JonPatrick on LENTCAzT 2023 – 38: Friday Passiontide – Our Lady of Sorrows: “Thank you Father. It is sad that the Novus Ordo, in both its missal and breviary omits any mention of…”
- Kathleen10 on Daily Rome Shot 704: “We appreciate the Rome posters, they give a lift to Catholics all over the world. We have no voice, Rome…”
- threej on Daily Rome Shot 705 with additional thanks: “Q-a3!. If K-d2, then Qxc3. If K-b1, then Bxc3.”
- WVC on Daily Rome Shot 705 with additional thanks: “I thought of: 1. . . . Qa3+ 2. Kd2 Bc3+ 3. . . . Bxe1 But I don’t know…”
- deaconjohn1987 on UPDATED – My View For Awhile: deepest darkest Brooklyn: “Now I’m homesick after looking at these photos. I was ordained for the Diocese of Brooklyn on April 25th, 1987.…”
- ArsAstronautica on UPDATED – My View For Awhile: deepest darkest Brooklyn: “As to the scratched windows, there are TWO theories. #1 If the scratches are on the inside, those are from…”
- SophiaGrace on LENTCAzT 2023 – 37: Thursday Passiontide – The counterpart to the Prodigal Son: “Thank you, Father, for these LENTCAzTS. From a genuine laugh at “humbly accepted care of it” regarding the station church…”
- Cliff on Daily Rome Shot 704: “1. Bc4+ Rf7 (Kg8 would be suicide by Kg6#) 2. Kxf7 . . . 3. Ke5 . . . 4.…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- My View For Awhile: ROMANES EUNT DOMUS!
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-31 – Meeting with clergy
- 1993 – 30 years ago when Mother Angelica declared war
- Daily Rome Shot 706
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 38: Friday Passiontide – Our Lady of Sorrows
- Daily Rome Shot 705 with additional thanks
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 37: Thursday Passiontide – The counterpart to the Prodigal Son
- UPDATED – My View For Awhile: deepest darkest Brooklyn
- Missae pro Missa Update: News release for traditional Catholic media
- Daily Rome Shot 704
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 36: Wednesday Passiontide – There are only two camps
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent
- Daily Rome Shot 703
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 35: Tuesday Passiontide – When the hour comes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images
- Daily Rome Shot 702
- FOR SALE
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 34: Monday Passiontide – Repent and live!
- POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Lent: Liturgical death throes
- Daily Rome Shot 701
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 33: 1st Passion Sunday – Passiontide begins
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 32: Saturday 4th Week – Annunciation
- MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?
- Daily Rome Shot 700
- “Only what is true can ultimately be pastoral”.
- 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home
- Daily Rome Shot 699
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Nigeria
Muslim Terrorists massacred 50+ Catholics during Mass in Nigeria on Pentecost Sunday
CNA STORY: HERE “Kidnappings and murders of priests and pastors, enslavement of Christian girls, and mob lynchings for alleged blasphemy against Islam” have intensified since the Biden administration removed Nigeria from the United States’ “Country of Concern” (CPC) list of … Read More
These, ladies and gentlemen, are men.
Nigerian solidiers, fighting the Islamic beasts of Boko Haram, adore the Blessed Sacrament in Zambiza forest. They seem to know you have to kneel before the Blessed Sacrament. They even found a thurible. There’s more reverence in the African bush … Read More
ACTION ITEM: Masses to rescue Lea Sharibu held by evil Islamic Boko Haram
Bp. Stephen Dami Mamza of Yola, Nigeria wrote “The 110 school girls abducted by Boko Haram here in Nigeria about one month ago were all returned except for five of them who died and one of them, Lea Sharibu who … Read More
NIGERIA: Sun “event” on 13 Oct 2017?
Are any of you reading stories about an event in Nigeria on 13 October 2017, the 100th anniversary of the Miracle of the Sun? Apparently the bishops of Nigeria consecrated Nigeria to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. After the Mass, the … Read More
Nigerian Bishop speaks about Boko Haram
If there is one thing that John Allen (now of Crux 2.0) knows well, it’s the issue of persecuted Christians across the globe. At Crux, Allen has an interview with a Nigerian bishop, His Excellency Matthew Hassan Kukah of Sokoto. His … Read More
Religion of Peace in Nigeria – now beheading with chainsaws
From RT: Boko Haram kills, ‘beheads with chainsaws’ 40 people to derail Nigeria elections Militants from extremist group Boko Haram attacked several Nigerian towns, torching houses and fatally shooting those who fled before reportedly beheading some of the bodies with chainsaws. … Read More
NIGERIA: The Religion of Peace terrorizes Catholic parishes
More from the Religion of Peace via Robert Spencer at Jihad Watch. This time we see the deadly ministrations of the mouth-breathers of Boko Haram. I’m no shrink, but these guys clearly suffer from “Isis-envy”: Nigeria: Islamic jihadists loot and … Read More
A couple months ago, the mouth-breathing Islamic terrorists of Boko Haram had our attention by kidnapping school girls. Then ISIS struck and stole the limelight. Then Hamas stole even more market share by rocketing Israel. But wait! Then ISIS got … Read More
Follow the dots… if you can
Let me get this straight. The news outlet of three African nations which form a single conference, Southern Cross, publishes an editorial against the “anti-gay” legislation underway in some African countries, which the Nigerian bishops back. Then Fides, a news agency … Read More
Islamists slaughter dozens in Nigeria, also during Mass
More about The Religion of Peace from Jihad Watch: Nigeria: Islamic jihadists murder at least 62 people, including 22 at church service Shhh! “Talk about extreme, militant Islamists and the atrocities that they have perpetrated globally might undercut the positive … Read More
Islamic terrorists target and kill more Christians in Nigeria
From AP/ABCNews: 52 Killed in Central Nigeria Raids and Reprisals By AHMED SAKA Associated Press JOS, Nigeria July 8, 2012 (AP) Raids and reprisal attacks have left 52 people dead in Christian villages near a Nigerian city where authorities have … Read More
NIGERIA: Muslim attack on Catholic church – 4 dead, others wounded
There has been another attack in Nigeria by Muslim suicide bomber on a Catholic church. 4 DEAD. Coming to a neighborhood near you… though it will probably be a different set of activists before these other killers get around to … Read More
Another angle on kneeling for Communion
Michael Voris, of RealCatholicTV, has an interesting observation about something he saw in Nigeria compared to common practice in the USA. [wp_youtube]zjxuxyFbndA[/wp_youtube]
Nigeria: More Christians killed, probably by Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram
From CWN: Gunmen kill 4 Nigerian Christians Gunmen on the outskirts of Potiskum, a northeastern Nigerian city of 200,000, have killed four Christians who were fleeing the area in the wake of previous attacks. The Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram … Read More
Nigeria: Islamists bomb churches for Christmas
Sts. Nunilo and Alodia, pray for us From Reuters: By Felix Onuah and Camillus Eboh ABUJA | Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:17am EST (Reuters) – Five bombs exploded on Christmas Day at churches in Nigeria, one killing at least 27 … Read More