"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- jacobi said Fr., Your comment about the “Catholic blogos...
- Geoffrey said The new (and first) “Director of LiturgyR...
- Montenegro said Agree with SPWang that Fr. Withoos is an excellent...
- Incaelo said Ah, speculation… left or right, everyoneR...
- rosaryarmy said When I was in my early twenties, I briefly discern...
- majuscule said Here’s a resource I’ve probably mentio...
- Laura R. said A particularly grating example of this silliness i...
- Urs said Well, it would be a wonderful if the SSPX were com...
- ts said Timely rant Fr. Z. A personal case-in-point where...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Pat, Thanks for the link! Vincent Cardinal Nichols...
- lucindatcm said Given the mess in the Church, Father, the rosary i...
- Bea said PS I have included you and other certain priests i...
- Bea said Thank you Father, for your exhortation. I have st...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Walter Cardinal Kasper has been the recipient of &...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Meanwhile, at Loyola: http://www.thecollegefix.com...
- Absit invidia said SSPX’ers are considered the “intellect...
- The Cobbler said I’ve seen a fan-shaped Church that was unfor...
- Frank H said I hear that particular alteration every time I vis...
- acardnal said Jesus called God “Father.” He taught...
- The Cobbler said Fun fact: I can tell from which other programmers...
- Pat said 2014/15 campaign will be at the diocesan level, se...
- trespinos said [How I have missed you.] Davvero! That comment put...
- KingofCharity said Yeah, the problem with Pope Francis’ open in...
- KatieL56 said In the near future as the snows lock onto the tund...
- The Cobbler said It’s people like this who give “realis...
- Landless Laborer said Okay, you guys got me, a have to agree with you....
- RJHighland said I don’t know after what I saw go on at the S...
- SPWang said I think Fr. Withoos is a fine replacement. Tell hi...
- ssoldie said “it must be observed, however, that if the f...
- marcelus said Grumpy Beggar says: 24 October 2014 at 1:57 am ...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- USArmy: Ebola virus can go airborne in low temperatures
- What Archbp. Chaput really said about the Synod
- Bishop calls England to conversion to Christ. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: “God’s Holy Church” not “His” – inclusive language
- Rome – Day 4: No Show Edition
- Large gesture of openness toward SSPX!
- WDTPRS 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “In His will is our peace.”
- Benedict XVI sent text of talk to University: relativistic dialogue and “lethal ideas”
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: November 2006
As I have told you, Rome has been foggy… and YES, I am aware of the irony of that statement.
As I was writing another entry, I saw that the basilica dome was slowly becoming visible as the morning mists burned … Continue reading
From the the Enchiridion of Indulgences, #25:
A partial indulgence is granted to the Christian faithful who, in a spirit of filial devotion, devoutly recite any duly approved prayer for the Supreme Pontiff (e.g., the Oremus pro Pontifice):
V. Let us … Continue reading
I stumbled on an interesting blog called The Lair of the Catholic Cavemen where some tough talk is going on. It’s refreshing. The entry that caught my eye concerned parish "mission statements" which I have always found pretentious … Continue reading
Pray for the Pope and that the trip will have a good outcome.
The Pope is heading to the cusp of Asia and Europe. There are delicate political and religious issues at stake. Meanwhile, at the other end of Asia…. there are delicate political and religious issues at stake. The Chinese are at … Continue reading
Somebody PLEASE wake me up!
Biretta tip to Mark Shea
I walk everywhere in Rome. I get on a bus about three times a year,.. if I must.
I walk to work. That includes the Press Office of the Holy See. No, I don’t work for the Press Office, … Continue reading
The Catechism of the Council of Trent has an interesting paragraph suggesting that we not over complicate the situation:
Article 36. How To Think and Pray About Christ’s Virginal Conception
These points of teaching comprise the substance of what appeared to us … Continue reading
We have had a lot of spooky fog at night this last couple weeks. Here’s an interesting shot last night from (different) window looking toward St. Agnes in the P.za Navona.
UPDATE: For an update on … Continue reading
In the new movie "The Nativity Story" which premiered yesterday at the Vatican, the Blessed Virgin is depicted as having pain from labor and childbirth. It must be granted that the pain she is depicted as having was not has … Continue reading