You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- MikeM said For my grandfather, who’s begun that period...
- Supertradmum said Food stores in England, even huge ones like Sainsb...
- Margaret said That’s an interesting point, Chicken. Huh. M...
- maryh said @A Sinner 2 Absolutely! @AdMajoremDeiGloriam anyth...
- LarryW2LJ said Fr. Z, I do believe that Rush might use your blog...
- Will D. said Further to Wade’s post, here’s a direc...
- AdMajoremDeiGloriam said I can only speak from my experience as a (male) se...
- Will D. said A sin that I have struggled with. In confession, m...
- The Masked Chicken said As for being physically prepared, a question for y...
- A Sinner 2 said I think Fr. Jim makes a good (although misdirected...
- The Masked Chicken said “In other words, if you doubt the origins of...
- APX said lampada says: I am seriously considering being an...
- jenne said I also realized how out of physical shape I am in...
- Wade said I would also not hesitate to donate via Catholic C...
- guatadopt said My 7 year old had his first confession in late Feb...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said One group I like to donate to is Team Rubicon.
- Springkeeper said I will say this as a woman who is also a retired M...
- av8er said Stayed in Moore last year while in OKC for trainin...
- NickD said Serving only with other men makes it like a brothe...
- jenniphd said Several years ago my family attended the Bar mitzv...
- Priam1184 said So Father, essentially what you are saying is don&...
- aviva meriam said For all those affected by the tornadoes, that the...
- CatholicMD said St Andrew’s is the local parish in Moore. Th...
- chantgirl said Does anyone know if there is a local Catholic Chur...
- LarryW2LJ said You know back in the Olden Days, when things like...
- PA mom said Re tornados. I find Protestants to be very inspir...
- LarryW2LJ said If I may. In addition to the fine spiritual advic...
- StJude said I notice the same thing… although not weird...
- Anne M. said Phil_NL says: Also since there nowadays is a gap...
- DisturbedMary said Looks like Drudge might be reading Fr. Z…...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Monthly Archives: November 2006
As I have told you, Rome has been foggy… and YES, I am aware of the irony of that statement.
As I was writing another entry, I saw that the basilica dome was slowly becoming visible as the morning mists burned … Continue reading
From the the Enchiridion of Indulgences, #25:
A partial indulgence is granted to the Christian faithful who, in a spirit of filial devotion, devoutly recite any duly approved prayer for the Supreme Pontiff (e.g., the Oremus pro Pontifice):
V. Let us … Continue reading
I stumbled on an interesting blog called The Lair of the Catholic Cavemen where some tough talk is going on. It’s refreshing. The entry that caught my eye concerned parish "mission statements" which I have always found pretentious … Continue reading
Pray for the Pope and that the trip will have a good outcome.
The Pope is heading to the cusp of Asia and Europe. There are delicate political and religious issues at stake. Meanwhile, at the other end of Asia…. there are delicate political and religious issues at stake. The Chinese are at … Continue reading
Somebody PLEASE wake me up!
Biretta tip to Mark Shea
I walk everywhere in Rome. I get on a bus about three times a year,.. if I must.
I walk to work. That includes the Press Office of the Holy See. No, I don’t work for the Press Office, … Continue reading
The Catechism of the Council of Trent has an interesting paragraph suggesting that we not over complicate the situation:
Article 36. How To Think and Pray About Christ’s Virginal Conception
These points of teaching comprise the substance of what appeared to us … Continue reading
We have had a lot of spooky fog at night this last couple weeks. Here’s an interesting shot last night from (different) window looking toward St. Agnes in the P.za Navona.
UPDATE: For an update on … Continue reading
In the new movie "The Nativity Story" which premiered yesterday at the Vatican, the Blessed Virgin is depicted as having pain from labor and childbirth. It must be granted that the pain she is depicted as having was not has … Continue reading