- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Andy Lucy said Elizabeth D, if it be your choice to refuse to tak...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said 26:14: “… a more palpable expression o...
- Matt R said HighMass, I believe he does, though I suggest you...
- kpoterack said “But my question is: what’s the fuss about?...
- Clinton said The current Obamacare laws are just the beginning....
- acricketchirps said Well, at least I’m sure we can all agree tha...
- LadyMarchmain said Lisa, StJude, BenKenobi: We are all in the same b...
- Johnno said There are SOME INSTANCES of divorced/remarried peo...
- Bob B. said Since federal law doesn’t want to be discrim...
- Priam1184 said @The Chicken: You’re right, I could care le...
- notenoughflair said Curious that this comment came up right about the...
- CatholicMD said The Pope is going to have to start to clarifying s...
- Vecchio di Londra said I think it might transform the NO for the better i...
- HighMass said What a great Interview…..for a Cardinal who...
- Magash said Just saw the head of the Chamber of Commerce infer...
- Priam1184 said Yeah Father, you can’t even see the water an...
- The Masked Chicken said “multiplying attacks on sports, on football&...
- Hans said @McCall1981 Not speaking about it publicly is not...
- McCall1981 said @ kpoterack Thanks for posting those links, they a...
- q7swallows said Oh, I just hit the play button from the main blog...
- q7swallows said I relish these, Father, although I cannot seem to...
- tcreek said If the link to Catholic Culture in my post above d...
- tcreek said Communion for divorced and remarried Catholics wou...
- Rancid said “To me, though, the whole thing is rather si...
- Ben Kenobi said “I frankly I don’t see how a remarried coupl...
- Ganganelli said I’m totally confused by this but sometimes i...
- Ben Kenobi said “They, i.e. e.g. the German bishops, do not...
- TheAcolyte said PS: there is no prohibition (or restriction) on a...
- OrthodoxChick said Praying for all of you here, and certainly, our de...
- TheAcolyte said It is clearly stated in all contemporary rubrical...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Fr. Z on Fr. Finigan on the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- Obamacare, your taxes, and “gender reassignment” surgery. Fr. Z rants a little.
- VIDEO Interview with Card. Burke on EWTN – on Francis, the Ap. Exhortation, Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Communion for divorced/remarried. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: November 2006
As I have told you, Rome has been foggy… and YES, I am aware of the irony of that statement.
As I was writing another entry, I saw that the basilica dome was slowly becoming visible as the morning mists burned … Continue reading
From the the Enchiridion of Indulgences, #25:
A partial indulgence is granted to the Christian faithful who, in a spirit of filial devotion, devoutly recite any duly approved prayer for the Supreme Pontiff (e.g., the Oremus pro Pontifice):
V. Let us … Continue reading
I stumbled on an interesting blog called The Lair of the Catholic Cavemen where some tough talk is going on. It’s refreshing. The entry that caught my eye concerned parish "mission statements" which I have always found pretentious … Continue reading
Pray for the Pope and that the trip will have a good outcome.
The Pope is heading to the cusp of Asia and Europe. There are delicate political and religious issues at stake. Meanwhile, at the other end of Asia…. there are delicate political and religious issues at stake. The Chinese are at … Continue reading
Somebody PLEASE wake me up!
Biretta tip to Mark Shea
I walk everywhere in Rome. I get on a bus about three times a year,.. if I must.
I walk to work. That includes the Press Office of the Holy See. No, I don’t work for the Press Office, … Continue reading
The Catechism of the Council of Trent has an interesting paragraph suggesting that we not over complicate the situation:
Article 36. How To Think and Pray About Christ’s Virginal Conception
These points of teaching comprise the substance of what appeared to us … Continue reading
We have had a lot of spooky fog at night this last couple weeks. Here’s an interesting shot last night from (different) window looking toward St. Agnes in the P.za Navona.
UPDATE: For an update on … Continue reading
In the new movie "The Nativity Story" which premiered yesterday at the Vatican, the Blessed Virgin is depicted as having pain from labor and childbirth. It must be granted that the pain she is depicted as having was not has … Continue reading