Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- irishthree said How about a pistol rematch to go with the beer nex...
- JuliB said The best response I could pick was: “I never use t...
- Kathleen10 said I like them very much. They include important asp...
- Fr Martin Fox said Folks just need to relax. RELAX. Like the Luminous...
- HighMass said The Most Beautiful Mass this side of Heaven! Sorry...
- Iconophilios said I could not stomach even 30 seconds. I actually fe...
- MGL said Oh, that ‘i’ symbol? Apparently it was...
- ProfKwasniewski said Resistance to the Luminous Mysteries is truly one...
- Arele said I am not a big fan of the Luminous Mysteries. Not...
- acardnal said Amen to your above post, Fr. Z. Every sentence.
- Traductora said If you want to know why we’re losing Spanish...
- Cafea Fruor said I love them. Honestly, I don’t understand th...
- catholicservant said I’ve grown quite fond of them, particularly...
- Gregg the Obscure said I pray the Rosary by myself and find the LM helpfu...
- Belgian Catholic said The most recent edition of the Enchiridion of Indu...
- Allan S. said Well, I suppose if one were to seek out as close t...
- FrHorning said I have prayed the Holy Rosary almost every day of...
- dominic1955 said P.S. I think it did make sense to make them “...
- acardnal said Pat, see above images of the flag currently used i...
- dominic1955 said Personally, I think it would have been best if the...
- eulogos said I was slow to learn about them just as I was slow...
- acardnal said I hope someone in ISIS leadership watched the cart...
- Geoffrey said “Actually pray all four mysteries daily. Lov...
- Pat said The rainbow colors were initially used at least 25...
- rtrainque said Have only known the four sets, so I’ve alway...
- melanie said Just as an aside, my parish in the UK now has a mo...
- acardnal said Brooklyn wrote, ” …use to this to cond...
- John Nolan said The blessing of beer in the Roman Ritual has ̵...
- Joseph-Mary said Actually pray all four mysteries daily. Love the L...
- Priam1184 said It is amusing that some people trot out the “...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Prayers for the Sotloffs and for all of us
- ¿Hablas español? NEW SPANISH/LATIN TLM Hand Missal! And Fr. Z rants.
- POLL: The Luminous Mysteries – For them or against them?
- More Boko Haram Terror in Nigeria against Christians
- ACTION ITEM! 9 Sept – International Buy a Priest a Beer Day!
- FOLLOW UP: Soccer Match for Peace – COEXIST sighting
- “to become highly educated, travel the world … without being beholden to a husband or children”
- UPDATE – Soccer game for peace!
- ASK FATHER: Hand missals, Mass books for children
- ASK FATHER: Father gave me a penance that discouraged me.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NIGERIA: The Religion of Peace terrorizes Catholic parishes
- WDTPRS 22nd Ordinary Sunday: graft into our hearts the love of Your Name
- GUEST POST: “I celebrated the Traditional Latin Mass before today’s exorcism…”
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs when instituted acolytes are present
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ACTION ITEM! Pre-Order (25% off) Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- Muslim rape gangs enabled by the Left
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 13 November 2007
In a little while some of the weird sisters of our amazingly diverse Church, will completely violate the unity of the Body of Christ, scandalize the faithful, and put their souls in danger of burning in hell for eternity by … Continue reading
Check this out!
The USCCB has put together an interesting website about marriage. It aims at a very broad Catholic understanding of marriage.
They are talking about this site at the meeting as I watch.
The wonderful question is asked:
What have you done … Continue reading
A few days ago I posted a message from a person looking for resources for nuptial (marriage) Masses with the TLM.
Today I received an interesting e-mail which I post for your opportune knowledge.
A few days ago I posted on … Continue reading
Today in the new calendar is the feast of St. Stanislaw Kostka, the young Jesuit who dies in Rome. This holy young man could be a good example for young people today, if people knew his story. It is interesting … Continue reading
After the conclusion of today’s midday press conference there was a microphone open. One of the bishops said clearly: "Did we get away with it?"
Clearly, this was tongue in cheek. This wasn’t a dodge. These press conferences inevitably devolve into … Continue reading
According to the norms issued by the Holy See in Liturgiam authenticam, all liturgical books in all the modern languages needed to be reviewed and revised.
The new English translation is going on and on and on… which is probably … Continue reading
I want to direct your attention to a very interesting report from the nearly ubiquitous former Rome correspondent for the liberal National Catholic Reporter, the fair-minded and well-informed John L Allen, Jr. Mr. Allen wrote about recent comments of His … Continue reading
Benedict XVI’s nearly unnoticed Letter on St. John Chrysostom: reconciliation of Churches, liturgy, social justice, patristics
On 8 November, the Holy See released a letter of Pope Benedict for the 1600th anniversary of the death of St. John Chrysostom, a doctor of the Church of great importance to both the West and the Eastern Churches.
The … Continue reading