"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- SKAY said “The study also referred to the 1989 Ebola o...
- rroan said Very interesting – as in days of old, the ex...
- NBW said The photos are a feast for the eyes and soul! Than...
- wmeyer said The inclusive language madness is absurd on its fa...
- jacobi said “ challenged to perform liturgical abuses” And Fat...
- majuscule said Would it be irreverent for Father to mount a Go-Pr...
- The Masked Chicken said It ain’t science unless it’s replicate...
- excalibur said Indeed. And when Francis alleged that God is not a...
- bmadamsberry said The Bible often speaks of G-d with feminine imager...
- KingofCharity said Now these are words of mercy and love. They are di...
- donato2 said Looks like it was a march on the Vatican, but it s...
- joan ellen said Thank you, Fr. Z for your excellent direction. Tha...
- frahobbit said USAMRIID has disabled all its search keys on its w...
- tskrobola said I spent a few hours reading the links from the Inf...
- joan ellen said Thank you romanrevert for these words about the Tr...
- Mike said Thanks, Father, for all you do. I’m going to...
- poohbear said So beautiful. A great sight. Gives me so much hope...
- mysticalrose said Beautiful pics, Father. Thanks for posting them.
- Clinton R. said Thank you for sharing these pictures, Father. They...
- Ferde Rombola said “Oh my Jesus, forgive us out sins. Save us f...
- joan ellen said I like the ‘spin’ of Truth…it is...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said There were about 1200 people in the congregation....
- Ferde Rombola said I second the motion, Pearl. I think our ‘pop...
- StnyPtGuy said ” … faith loses its binding character...
- Ferde Rombola said At last someone has spoken the words that came to...
- StnyPtGuy said Speaking of the Garlic Truck: 1. Is Avvelino famo...
- The Masked Chicken said Should be: “Don’t say NO to the liturg...
- Fr Martin Fox said Sandy: Grrr, don’t get me going on what the...
- The Masked Chicken said So, basically, some NO Masses become, “Nooo&...
- torch621 said Why are we taking a website run by conspiracy loon...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Benedict XVI to Juventutem for Summorum Pontificum pilgrimage
- Father’s job is to say “No.”
- Rome – Day 6: Procession, Pontifical Mass at St Peter’s #SumPont2014
- USArmy: Ebola virus can go airborne in low temperatures
- What Archbp. Chaput really said about the Synod
- Bishop calls England to conversion to Christ. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: “God’s Holy Church” not “His” – inclusive language
- Rome – Day 4: No Show Edition
- Large gesture of openness toward SSPX!
- WDTPRS 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “In His will is our peace.”
- Benedict XVI sent text of talk to University: relativistic dialogue and “lethal ideas”
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 13 November 2007
In a little while some of the weird sisters of our amazingly diverse Church, will completely violate the unity of the Body of Christ, scandalize the faithful, and put their souls in danger of burning in hell for eternity by … Continue reading
Check this out!
The USCCB has put together an interesting website about marriage. It aims at a very broad Catholic understanding of marriage.
They are talking about this site at the meeting as I watch.
The wonderful question is asked:
What have you done … Continue reading
A few days ago I posted a message from a person looking for resources for nuptial (marriage) Masses with the TLM.
Today I received an interesting e-mail which I post for your opportune knowledge.
A few days ago I posted on … Continue reading
Today in the new calendar is the feast of St. Stanislaw Kostka, the young Jesuit who dies in Rome. This holy young man could be a good example for young people today, if people knew his story. It is interesting … Continue reading
After the conclusion of today’s midday press conference there was a microphone open. One of the bishops said clearly: "Did we get away with it?"
Clearly, this was tongue in cheek. This wasn’t a dodge. These press conferences inevitably devolve into … Continue reading
According to the norms issued by the Holy See in Liturgiam authenticam, all liturgical books in all the modern languages needed to be reviewed and revised.
The new English translation is going on and on and on… which is probably … Continue reading
I want to direct your attention to a very interesting report from the nearly ubiquitous former Rome correspondent for the liberal National Catholic Reporter, the fair-minded and well-informed John L Allen, Jr. Mr. Allen wrote about recent comments of His … Continue reading
Benedict XVI’s nearly unnoticed Letter on St. John Chrysostom: reconciliation of Churches, liturgy, social justice, patristics
On 8 November, the Holy See released a letter of Pope Benedict for the 1600th anniversary of the death of St. John Chrysostom, a doctor of the Church of great importance to both the West and the Eastern Churches.
The … Continue reading