Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- incredulous said Joe, what city do you celebrate the Holy Qurbana i...
- incredulous said Gator meat is very white and flavorless. It takes...
- tzard said More evidence of the push to have marriage be mean...
- VexillaRegis said Sorry, that How should not be there.
- VexillaRegis said How What does alligator taste like? Not like muddy...
- acardnal said HE Bishop Morlino gave an interview published in t...
- incredulous said No, the Right to Keep and Bear Arms has no limits...
- incredulous said muerknz, hopefully you refer to the Queen of Heave...
- Joe of St Thérèse said At the Syro Malabar Catholic church, the sermon fo...
- pelerin said I am sure this is not the first time this has been...
- Dundonianski said Truly an inspirational homily from the good Archbi...
- amsjj1002 said There’s almost 3,600 views as of this postin...
- muerknz said Incredulous – So the right to bear arms is s...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Scott W. says: What say you? I say this is about w...
- incredulous said Father Z, I just learned from your combox that Ol...
- muerknz said This New Zealander is with the Australian and the...
- incredulous said Sorry, the 223 travels at about 2000 mph, not 6200...
- incredulous said The gun control debate again… yawn. Actual...
- Elizium23 said I think I can accurately describe the split betwee...
- Michael said Incredible video. Purely incredible.
- Scott W. said Tangentially related if you don’t mind: ever...
- incredulous said You’re making fun of your Everglades constit...
- Gregorius said Gratias ago tibi pater. Litturae sententiaeque dif...
- defreitas said This is an interesting occurrence non the less. I...
- Michael said Not only did the priest actually preach about sin...
- mburn16 said Our reading and sermon today were delivered by a l...
- Brooklyn said I’m sorry, Father, but I didn’t see yo...
- Brooklyn said One last post, Father, and I promise not to clog u...
- mamajen said hmm…reading through what I just wrote, I mad...
- mamajen said We were at a different parish this week as we were...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 6 November 2008
PODCAzT 71: “Faith inscribed across your heart”: Benedict on Cyril of Jerusalem & Cyril on faith, your treasure
Today we hear what St. Cyril of Jerusalem (+387) says about faith, the faith handed down to us and which we must inscribe across our hearts.
Our faith is a gift, a treasure for which we must given an account … Continue reading
A kind reader sent me this wonderful news and photo.
I thought you might find it interesting to know that in the Diocese of Birmingham (Alabama) Bishop David Foley (Bishop Emeritus) is now offering a regular monthly High Mass! This has … Continue reading
Many thanks to RR of N.-D. for the gift of squid ink spaghetti!
When I go to the "big city" I may have to look for some real "squid ink". I know a place where I can get it, with a … Continue reading
In the wake of the election I find the news of the Taurid meteor shower (or the "Bull shower") to be especially welcome.
Here is news from SpaceWeather.com
TAURID METEORS: The annual Taurid meteor shower is underway and it could be a … Continue reading
From a reader:
Bishop Conley to celebrate Latin Mass
The public is invited to join Denver Auxiliary Bishop James D. Conley as he celebrates a Tridentine Mass, the Latin-language liturgy used before the Second Vatican Council, on Nov. 9.
The solemn high … Continue reading
This from a reader:
Anyone interested in attending a Barak Obama inauguration rally while wearing t-shirts that say "I am John Galt" and waving signs that say "No You Kant"?
Remember my prediction? I opined that in the wake of the election of Pres.-Elect Obama, there would be spill-over in the Church. Some would apply their political paradigm to the internal workings of the Church.
This is an interesting piece from … Continue reading
Here is something to plan around if you are within striking distance of Chicago on 11 January ’09. (WOW… not that far away!)
From a reader:
On Sunday, January 11th, the Most Reverend Joseph N. Perry, Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of … Continue reading
Please do me a favor when sending photos.
Please don’t embed them in the body of your e-mail.
Attach them as files.
Embedding them creates more work for me. When I see more work staring me in the face, I am disinclined to … Continue reading