Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- NBW said What a beautiful job!!!
- Angie Mcs said The renovation is quite beautiful, giving a sense...
- Kathleen10 said “…they also need to be investigating a...
- HobokenZephyr said St. Patrick’s Day is our paternal feast day,...
- RichR said I’m surprised no one has mentioned the obvio...
- avecrux said Beautiful. This is happening all over… happe...
- Supertradmum said The purposeful misuse of language is “propag...
- pannw said Wow… Part of me is really glad that isn̵...
- Patrick-K said It’s odd that this person seems to view the...
- Arele said BLBOregon, did you hear the new good news that Pop...
- mschu528 said Get rid of the table altar and it would be just ab...
- JonathanCatholic said ‘But if the authority of Peter and his succe...
- The Egyptian said if I,m not to late, see more pictures at https://p...
- excalibur said Hubbard the Horrible has much to answer for. Isn...
- BLB Oregon said “Just how difficult is for the Vicar of Chri...
- amenamen said Local input from the fox community? https://www.yo...
- Sword40 said Agree R J Highland. The Table is such a distractio...
- Tina in Ashburn said Reading the old Catholic stuff helps me to underst...
- acardnal said I wonder what they did with their old crucifix? T...
- acardnal said Sorry. The above Collect prayer I posted was inadv...
- Legisperitus said Agree on St. Patrick’s Day. My Irish-Americ...
- amenamen said Whoa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlRUmkqMIe8
- acardnal said wolfeken, Same Collect in the OF Mass today, too,...
- Legisperitus said Great fisking.
- MarkJ said I would love to see a “Before Destruction...
- Sonshine135 said This article took me back to the video you had on...
- Mike said Thank you for the photos, Fr. Z. It looks like a...
- wolfeken said I would note that these regulations were not just...
- Nathan said From the letter, as well as experience, it seems t...
- Cantor said It would be interesting to read the responses to t...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 11 November 2008
We welcome as our guest the 5th century writer Sulpicius Severus who speaks to us about St. Martin of Tours who died in 397 and also the english poet John Clare who died in 1864. Sulpicius Severus died sometime between … Continue reading
Bp. Trautman is still on his pogrom against the word "ineffable".
The Committee on Divine Worship is recommending that they keep "ineffable" because it is an accurate translation. Trautman wants "ineffable" replaced with "divine".
This is crazy stuff.
At least one bishop rose … Continue reading
Fr. Richard J. Neuhaus of First Things has a very good piece online today.
My emphases and comments.
Obama and the Bishops
By Richard John NeuhausFriday, November 7, 2008, 8:16 AM
In a few days, the American bishops of the Catholic Church will be … Continue reading
EWTN has coverage of the USCCB meeting.
They are practicing voting.
Have you spotted the bishops from Florida?
Have you spotted you own bishop?
I suspect they will not let us watch the really interesting debates, for example, about what … Continue reading
WDTPRS was born from an interest in liturgical translation.
Here is a very different sense of "liturgical translation".
The indefatigable liturgical eye-candy specialists over at NLM have posted some great screen captures of the translation of the relics … Continue reading
From the Laudator who gets a biretta tip.
"Martinmass" is the Feast of St. Martin of Tours.
John Clare (written Nov. 11, 1841):
‘Tis Martinmass from rig to rig Ploughed fields and meadow lands are blea In hedge and field each restless … Continue reading
Thanks go out to CP of VA who, via the wish list, sent The Rhetoric of St. Augustine of Hippo: De Doctrina Christiana & the Search for Distinctly Christian Rhetoric by Richard Leo Enos & Roger Thompson, et al.
Also, thanks … Continue reading