Epiphany shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- andia said And for the Christians of Syria, Iraq and Nigeria...
- andia said For a special intention for Father David Bialkowsk...
- JonPatrick said 15. Don’t forget to use the Protestant termi...
- Joseph-Mary said With fervent wishes for a holy Christmas season to...
- Skeinster said A blessed Christmas to all! A prayer of thanksgivi...
- TawdryPenitent said O how beautiful and much needed, especially sinc...
- semperficatholic said Merry Christmas to you, Father, and to everyone!
- JonPatrick said Merry Christmas Father and thanks for this blog, w...
- Eugene said God how I miss this great man and every time you p...
- Polycarpio said God bless everyone. Have a blessed Christmas and...
- Eugene said I oray for all those who have posted and for Fr. Z...
- pannw said Thank you, Father, and Merry Christmas to you.
- Clinton R. said Felix Dies Nativitatis. Merry Christmas, Father Zu...
- JimRB said For me, that I may live my vocation to its fullest...
- Jerome Vincent said For M, a young lady I used to teach in middle scho...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Merry Christmas, Father! Thank you for helping us...
- liebemama said Ein Gesegnete Weihnacht! Thank you, Father.
- Warren said Merry Christmas, Reverend Father.
- acardnal said Merry Christmas, Father. Thank you for your Adve...
- Vincenzo said Merry Christmas!
- stjoe said In thanksgiving…earlier in the month our dau...
- Reginald Pole said A Blessed and Merry Christmas to you too, Father....
- Bea said For our host’s (Fr. Z) personal petition. Fo...
- jameeka said God bless you , Reverend Father Zuhlsdorf. You hav...
- John Grammaticus said My intentions: a) I’ve spent the past few we...
- Mike said Attended a Dominican Rite Requiem Mass not too lon...
- LeslieL said On this gentle Christmas Eve, I hold all of your p...
- James said “Memories light the corners of my mind / Mis...
- Cathy said Please pray for my parents. They are old, sick, b...
- StnyPtGuy said For my wife and I. I did something stupid tonight....
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- CHRISTMASCAzT 26: O admirable exchange!
- Merry Christmas!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- “The sobs of that appalling infancy cleanse me, those tears wash away my sins.”
- Fanon of Christmas Past
- How to make your parish more self-centered!
- ADVENTCAzT 25: “If there is a child in your midst…”
- ASK FATHER: Signs of reverence for priests
- ADVENTCAzT 24: Becoming Christian means leaving behind what everyone else thinks and wants
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world
- ASK FATHER: What am I supposed to do during Mass?
- Pope Francis greets Curia for Christmas, and rips them to shreds
- ADVENTCAzT 23: The sunrise of history, the mystery of God’s providence
- Just Too Cool: Polyphonic sacred music earlier than previously thought!
- ASK FATHER: Pyxes left in the choir loft after Communion
- NYC cops assassinated. Remarks and prayers.
- I read Mass this morning. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thursday Night Football Saturday. Hey! Wait a minute!
- ADVENTCAzT 22: Isaiah, John and Mary
- It’s. Another. Religion.
- ADVENTCAzT 21: The state of mortal sin
- A breakthrough!
- Tough love about the priest shortage
- Request for prayers
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
- “Would it really be totally impossible to admit her to Communion?”
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 17 November 2008
UPDATE 19 Nov 15:10 GMT
The Recovering Dissident Catholic has something to add:
People ask me, often, what brought me around. This is it. Right here. It is THE LORD. Communion is not just some communal parish meal like having coffee … Continue reading
The young scholarship seeking Papist says that "Andrew Sullivan goes on a tear" after he hears about the Cardinal Stafford’s comments:
"The Vatican hierarchy has become radicalized under Benedict and John Paul II – so much so that they see the … Continue reading
A few shots:
And while I was having my lunch, … what a difference a few minutes make.
The controversy over Fr. Newman’s bulletin at his parish of St. Mary in Greenville, SC has heated up and become complicated.
You will remember that Fr. Newman made strong statements about the propriety receiving Communion by Catholics who voted for pro-abortion … Continue reading
Card. Stafford: Pres.-elect Obama “aggressive, disruptive and apocalyptic”… we will know “Gethsemene”
A reader sent me this from the magazine of the Catholic University of America.
This is from the magazine of Catholic University of America. My emphases and comments.
Cardinal at CUA: Obama is ‘Aggressive, Disruptive and Apocalyptic’
Posted By Elizabeth Grden On November … Continue reading
Over at NLM there are images of a chapel projected for University of Southern California.
Honestly, I have a recurring dream… one of many… but this one is pleasant. I have a recurring dream that I have to build a church, … Continue reading
I have been tidying up a bit and rediscovered a pin I acquired along the way.
This is a diminutive coat-of-arms of Pope Benedict XVI.
I don’t use it very often, for it is very delicate. The coins give you some perspective.
A reader asks:
I purchased a Monastic Diurnal and am quite pleased with it. I am interested in obtaining a Nocturnale that contains the entire Vigils of the Monastic Breviary, including the Psalter, Sanctoral, and Temporal, all in the 1962 rite. … Continue reading
If you are wondering why your printer isn’t working…
From a reader:
In accord with the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum, a traditional Solemn Mass will take place in Brooklyn (NY) at St. Cecilia’s Church on Friday, November 21st, 2008 at 7:30PM.
This will be the first traditional (Solemn) Mass there … Continue reading