You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Bea said My First thought was the Arrogance of this man. to...
- JabbaPapa said I am trying to revive the old “mothership”. I thin...
- Dave N. said On some past presidents and their umbrellas: held...
- JKnott said Obama was soaked before it started to drizzle R...
- LiteratureAddict said At Christendom College, we are blessed to have 13...
- Maltese said That last picture is priceless, and had me LMAO!...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said If this were a Republican, this would be a non-sta...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said I find the gesture disturbing not for all of the r...
- PostCatholic said Thanks be to the gods for their waterfall. (I jest...
- Catholic Tech Geek said I would recommend that you download an iso image o...
- Will D. said If it’s getting to the operating system̵...
- Kathleen10 said Bellisimo Fr. Z! (may have spelled that wrong) A...
- BLB Oregon said As for Mr. Obama, he should have asked the Marine...
- Kathleen10 said Fr. Z. I can’t help you unless you speak Eng
- Bos Mutissimus said 1) Concur that BHO has less respect in general fo...
- BLB Oregon said Who is supposed to attend to this? It would be a d...
- PostCatholic said This has been an interesting thread. I wonder how,...
- Andrew Saucci said The architectural limit on 32-bit operating system...
- Gratias said In November of last year I attended a Public Audie...
- Sword40 said I have to say that Obama isn’t “dumb...
- William Tighe said No doubt this has been stated numerous times befor...
- PostCatholic said I realize this an old thread. But I think a readin...
- EXCHIEF said “I would rather potus would be seen holding...
- andersonbd1 said Make sure you don’t touch the metal parts wi...
- Jerry said What is the make and model of the system? What OS...
- Supertradmum said One must ask one’s self honestly if one rece...
- Ted said A 32 bit system, normally the operating system, ca...
- Supertradmum said That you may be the children of your Father who is...
- Tom in NY said Our readers are strong on the religious reasons fo...
- Giuseppe said Speaking of Tom Lehrer, while his Periodic Table s...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 17 November 2008
UPDATE 19 Nov 15:10 GMT
The Recovering Dissident Catholic has something to add:
People ask me, often, what brought me around. This is it. Right here. It is THE LORD. Communion is not just some communal parish meal like having coffee … Continue reading
The young scholarship seeking Papist says that "Andrew Sullivan goes on a tear" after he hears about the Cardinal Stafford’s comments:
"The Vatican hierarchy has become radicalized under Benedict and John Paul II – so much so that they see the … Continue reading
A few shots:
And while I was having my lunch, … what a difference a few minutes make.
The controversy over Fr. Newman’s bulletin at his parish of St. Mary in Greenville, SC has heated up and become complicated.
You will remember that Fr. Newman made strong statements about the propriety receiving Communion by Catholics who voted for pro-abortion … Continue reading
Card. Stafford: Pres.-elect Obama “aggressive, disruptive and apocalyptic”… we will know “Gethsemene”
A reader sent me this from the magazine of the Catholic University of America.
This is from the magazine of Catholic University of America. My emphases and comments.
Cardinal at CUA: Obama is ‘Aggressive, Disruptive and Apocalyptic’
Posted By Elizabeth Grden On November … Continue reading
Over at NLM there are images of a chapel projected for University of Southern California.
Honestly, I have a recurring dream… one of many… but this one is pleasant. I have a recurring dream that I have to build a church, … Continue reading
I have been tidying up a bit and rediscovered a pin I acquired along the way.
This is a diminutive coat-of-arms of Pope Benedict XVI.
I don’t use it very often, for it is very delicate. The coins give you some perspective.
A reader asks:
I purchased a Monastic Diurnal and am quite pleased with it. I am interested in obtaining a Nocturnale that contains the entire Vigils of the Monastic Breviary, including the Psalter, Sanctoral, and Temporal, all in the 1962 rite. … Continue reading
If you are wondering why your printer isn’t working…
From a reader:
In accord with the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum, a traditional Solemn Mass will take place in Brooklyn (NY) at St. Cecilia’s Church on Friday, November 21st, 2008 at 7:30PM.
This will be the first traditional (Solemn) Mass there … Continue reading