Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Brooklyn said I love the Latin Mass, but I am becoming very conc...
- Hank Igitur said Why not the Holy Mass itself rather than this comm...
- Chon said Sword40–yes, we love Fr. Luan Tran. Unfortun...
- APX said Personally, I am outraged that we lose an hour of...
- Gratias said A great sermon. Bishop Sample understands the most...
- Sword40 said Oregon also has a great priest at St. BirgittaR...
- Theodore said Fr Z. An A-10 would be even cooler.
- Chon said Fudge link: http://www.brigittine.org/monks/fud071...
- Chon said Elizium: What EF? It’s nearly non-existent h...
- HyacinthClare said Or move to sunny Arizona where we don’t do a...
- Elizium23 said I’m more concerned about the state of the OF...
- nadine said I wanted to mention that this took place at the on...
- Chon said Thanks for posting this beautiful video of Abp. Sa...
- Joe of St Thérèse said God bless him!
- RANCHER said Oregon is split in two. The Archdiocese of Portla...
- Charles E Flynn said This is an absolutely first-rate video, well worth...
- JonathanCatholic said Truly, Archbishop Sample is one of the greatest Bi...
- mburn16 said Alright, I confess myself ignorant on something ...
- danhorse said Marcus 22, thank-you for letting us see these fabu...
- danhorse said Thanks for posting this, Fr. Z. Oregon is fortunat...
- lsclerkin said Folks, Bishops and priests inside …er…...
- Andkaras said So wonderfully done . Who edited this piece? There...
- MaryW said Thank you, Father. Hope you are on the mend. So...
- Charles E Flynn said The remarkably brief treatment of the subject of p...
- Sonshine135 said Wow! What a beautiful explanation of the Extraordi...
- Charles E Flynn said The frequency for the CHU 7335 kHz transmitter was...
- Siculum said @Elizium23: Ha-ha, and hear, hear.
- Lepidus said Glad you mentioned Luke 23 Father!!!!
- Charles E Flynn said When I was a child, I would turn on the vacuum tub...
- Marcus 22 said You can also see additional photos of the Pontific...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 17 November 2008
UPDATE 19 Nov 15:10 GMT
The Recovering Dissident Catholic has something to add:
People ask me, often, what brought me around. This is it. Right here. It is THE LORD. Communion is not just some communal parish meal like having coffee … Continue reading
The young scholarship seeking Papist says that "Andrew Sullivan goes on a tear" after he hears about the Cardinal Stafford’s comments:
"The Vatican hierarchy has become radicalized under Benedict and John Paul II – so much so that they see the … Continue reading
A few shots:
And while I was having my lunch, … what a difference a few minutes make.
The controversy over Fr. Newman’s bulletin at his parish of St. Mary in Greenville, SC has heated up and become complicated.
You will remember that Fr. Newman made strong statements about the propriety receiving Communion by Catholics who voted for pro-abortion … Continue reading
Card. Stafford: Pres.-elect Obama “aggressive, disruptive and apocalyptic”… we will know “Gethsemene”
A reader sent me this from the magazine of the Catholic University of America.
This is from the magazine of Catholic University of America. My emphases and comments.
Cardinal at CUA: Obama is ‘Aggressive, Disruptive and Apocalyptic’
Posted By Elizabeth Grden On November … Continue reading
Over at NLM there are images of a chapel projected for University of Southern California.
Honestly, I have a recurring dream… one of many… but this one is pleasant. I have a recurring dream that I have to build a church, … Continue reading
I have been tidying up a bit and rediscovered a pin I acquired along the way.
This is a diminutive coat-of-arms of Pope Benedict XVI.
I don’t use it very often, for it is very delicate. The coins give you some perspective.
A reader asks:
I purchased a Monastic Diurnal and am quite pleased with it. I am interested in obtaining a Nocturnale that contains the entire Vigils of the Monastic Breviary, including the Psalter, Sanctoral, and Temporal, all in the 1962 rite. … Continue reading
If you are wondering why your printer isn’t working…
From a reader:
In accord with the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum, a traditional Solemn Mass will take place in Brooklyn (NY) at St. Cecilia’s Church on Friday, November 21st, 2008 at 7:30PM.
This will be the first traditional (Solemn) Mass there … Continue reading