HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gregg the Obscure: i remember the day well. we went to “Aun t” Clara̵ 7;s (really my mom’ s second cousin who we didn’ ;t see all that often). she hosted a pretty big...
- Bob B.: When I see Apollo 13 and the scene where everyone is watching Neil Armstrong walk on the Moon, I remember my family gathered around the TV, as well. My father had worked at Cape Canave...
- mcferran: It’s just plain uncharitab le to make fun of somebody 8217;s name. The fact that Professor Faggioli may be uncharitab le to others (even his own ordinary) does not give license to...
- Jacob: Apollo 11 in Real Time https://ap olloinreal time.org/ Apollo 11 Live TV (Cronkite) Coverage https://ko ttke.org/a pollo-11/
- Semper Gumby: That was great, thanks Fr. Z. Hmm… By the shores of the Red Sea c. 1250 BC… A man in a robe with a distinctiv e hairstyle climbs up on a rock and addresses a crowd of...
- BrionyB: This is so sad and frustratin g. It’s obvious that all these events and synods are biased from the start and set up to reach a foregone conclusion , but although we can all see it,...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: TxLurker: I’ve written more in depth about this HERE. I wrote inter alia: If the water does not touch the head, at least the hair of the head, the baptism is inval...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Of course the Internatio nal Youth Forum was filled with plants.
- TxLurker: “The re is a trinitaria n form while water is delivered by pouring, sprinkling , immersing, on the skin of the head or, if absolutely necessary and the head can’t be reach...
- AA Cunningham: The real question is whether or not the diminutive Cruise will have to sit on phone books while being filmed in the Super Hornet cockpit as he did in the Tomcat cockpit.
- SKAY: “I read that some people think that the movie caves into the ChiComs because the original patches on Maverick’s jacket were changed: no more Taiwan. Fluctus in simpulo? 8221; This is...
- The Masked Chicken: The were faking another moon landing and had to use the bandwidth :) The Chicken
- FrNigel: The Schola from the London Oratory School sings the Saturday evening Mass at the London Oratory Church in term time.
- Markus: “Maverick” is a great call sign. It is also the name of our rescue/she lter ferret, already named when we got him. He is the smartest, funniest little guy we have ever had, and we have had...
- Elizzabeth: jaykay, this is a choir from the London Oratory school. It’s not a Brompton Oratory choir̷ 0;
- hwriggles4: Yes this is a movie- in most cases, if an officer holds the rank of O-6 (CAPT in USN, COL in USAF) after 29 years, he or she is pretty much automatica lly retired. Likewise, if a...
- hwriggles4: Looking at this I had a flashback to my frat house days of the mid 1980s. Seven weeks of pledging was like boot camp. As I got older, into my mid twenties, I realized that pledging a...
- AndyMo: I know it’s a distinctio n without a difference , but I wouldnR 17;t call it pandering to the ChiComs so much as toadying. Internatio nal box office numbers are everything to large...
- kat: Supertradm um, I always enjoyed your posts. Prayers!!
- kat: Not just for Extreme Unction. If the priest is making a sick call with Holy Communion, you also use this set.
- Semper Gumby: I’m with Vicki McKenna on this, the more toxic Top Gun 2 is the better. Every screening of this movie should be attended by a HazMat team, there should be wailing and gnash...
- jaykay: Correction : The choir gallery is on the right, facing the High Altar.
- jaykay: Aiii! Thank you Father! I haven̵ 7;t heard their boys’ ; choir. It looks bigger than Westminste r Cathedral& #8217;s! And what a glorious sound. The Victoria O quam gloriosum is...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: It is amazing to me how an aging Tom Cruise has made a career out of being an Aging Tom Cruise. Just amazing.
- Bob B.: The Daily Caller has a comparison photo of the back of both jackets – the Taiwan and the Japan flag are both missing on the new jacket. It was a great PR movie for the Navy and they...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WDTPRS – 16th Ordinary Sunday: Right now you are being hunted
- Mass texts for St. Elijah, Prophet – 20 July
- 20 July 1969 – Man on the Moon – 50 years ago
- Beans, beans, the musical fruit
- Pres. Trump running for Pope
- Building recruits for the New catholic Red Guards!
- New music from the London Oratory: Sacred Treasures of Spain!
- Toxic Masculinity and Sequels
- What a difference a day made
- ASK FATHER: Traditional “Supplied rites” after emergency or modern rite baptism
- Sick-Call Sets and You
- Day 2 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- 17 July 1794: “Mother, permission to die?”
- URGENT ACTION ITEM: Note from long-time reader who is dying
- 16 July 1969 – #Apollo11 and Our Lady of Mt Carmel
- Day 1 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- Mark Shea is sad because seminarians are Catholic
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
- Good VIDEO for people who aren’t familiar with the TLM or with our traditions
- ASK FATHER: Sex before Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – GO TO CONFESSION! – VIDEO
- 13 July: St. Ezra (Esdras), Old Testament Prophet and some spectacular baroque musical weirdness
- SSPX video of their amazing new US church project.
- BOOK: In Praise of the Tridentine Mass and of Latin, Language of the Church
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: Too far right or too far left, we wind up in the ditch in the dark
- “Damn!”, quoth I. “That’s the spirit.” Coasties getting the job done.
- How credible is “credible” in allegations against priests?
- Tour Talk – #TDF2019 @Le_Tour Stage 6
- What the ‘c’atholic Left is up to on Twitter
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Daily Archives: 17 November 2008
UPDATE 19 Nov 15:10 GMT The Recovering Dissident Catholic has something to add: People ask me, often, what brought me around. This is it. Right here. It is THE LORD. Communion is not just some communal parish meal like having … Continue reading
The young scholarship seeking Papist says that "Andrew Sullivan goes on a tear" after he hears about the Cardinal Stafford’s comments: "The Vatican hierarchy has become radicalized under Benedict and John Paul II – so much so that they see … Continue reading
A few shots: And while I was having my lunch, … what a difference a few minutes make.
The controversy over Fr. Newman’s bulletin at his parish of St. Mary in Greenville, SC has heated up and become complicated. You will remember that Fr. Newman made strong statements about the propriety receiving Communion by Catholics who voted for … Continue reading
Card. Stafford: Pres.-elect Obama “aggressive, disruptive and apocalyptic”… we will know “Gethsemene”
A reader sent me this from the magazine of the Catholic University of America. This is from the magazine of Catholic University of America. My emphases and comments. Cardinal at CUA: Obama is ‘Aggressive, Disruptive and Apocalyptic’ Posted By Elizabeth … Continue reading
Over at NLM there are images of a chapel projected for University of Southern California. Honestly, I have a recurring dream… one of many… but this one is pleasant. I have a recurring dream that I have to build a … Continue reading
I have been tidying up a bit and rediscovered a pin I acquired along the way. This is a diminutive coat-of-arms of Pope Benedict XVI. I don’t use it very often, for it is very delicate. The coins give you … Continue reading
A reader asks: I purchased a Monastic Diurnal and am quite pleased with it. I am interested in obtaining a Nocturnale that contains the entire Vigils of the Monastic Breviary, including the Psalter, Sanctoral, and Temporal, all in the 1962 … Continue reading
If you are wondering why your printer isn’t working… [flv]08_11_16_cat_printer.flv[/flv]
From a reader: In accord with the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum, a traditional Solemn Mass will take place in Brooklyn (NY) at St. Cecilia’s Church on Friday, November 21st, 2008 at 7:30PM. This will be the first traditional (Solemn) Mass … Continue reading
I get zillions of e-mails every day. Many people want me to post this or write on that. Some tips for writing. If you want me to look at something, then please: Provide the text Provide the link If I … Continue reading
From Space Weather News for Nov. 16, 2008 EVENING PLANETS: When the sun goes down tonight, step outside and look southwest. The two brightest planets, Venus and Jupiter, are shining through the twilight side by side. You’ll want to keep … Continue reading
From a reader: Could a married man be ordained to the permanent diaconate using the extraordinary form? Of course! A bishop can use either Use to ordain. And a deacon is a deacon is a deacon.
From a reader: The attached photos are of the first Solemn High Mass in the archdiocese of Cincinnati in over 40 years. Celebrant: Fr. Eric Flood, FSSP, North American District Superior of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter Deacon: Fr. … Continue reading
From a reader: Hi Fr. Z, I had a question about priestly "headware." I am glad to see that the biretta is coming back in many places, but my question deals with the black zucchetto. Obviously you still see bishops … Continue reading