"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Athelstan said MGL, A wee correction: The church in which Fr. Hun...
- CatherineTherese said Wish I could have been there. Thank you, Fr. Z, fo...
- MaryMargaret said Yes, indeed! Archbishop Chaput is amazing! I notic...
- MrTipsNZ said I’m (http://www.otago.ac.nz/christchurch/dep...
- Ignatius_P said I seem to recall a certain prince of the Church in...
- LarryW2LJ said “None of us are welcome on our own terms in...
- jacobi said I left out one very important occasion when you ex...
- Sean said “…we certainly welcome into the Church...
- SKAY said “The study also referred to the 1989 Ebola o...
- rroan said Very interesting – as in days of old, the ex...
- NBW said The photos are a feast for the eyes and soul! Than...
- wmeyer said The inclusive language madness is absurd on its fa...
- jacobi said “ challenged to perform liturgical abuses” And Fat...
- majuscule said Would it be irreverent for Father to mount a Go-Pr...
- The Masked Chicken said It ain’t science unless it’s replicate...
- excalibur said Indeed. And when Francis alleged that God is not a...
- bmadamsberry said The Bible often speaks of G-d with feminine imager...
- KingofCharity said Now these are words of mercy and love. They are di...
- donato2 said Looks like it was a march on the Vatican, but it s...
- joan ellen said Thank you, Fr. Z for your excellent direction. Tha...
- frahobbit said USAMRIID has disabled all its search keys on its w...
- tskrobola said I spent a few hours reading the links from the Inf...
- joan ellen said Thank you romanrevert for these words about the Tr...
- Mike said Thanks, Father, for all you do. I’m going to...
- poohbear said So beautiful. A great sight. Gives me so much hope...
- mysticalrose said Beautiful pics, Father. Thanks for posting them.
- Clinton R. said Thank you for sharing these pictures, Father. They...
- Ferde Rombola said “Oh my Jesus, forgive us out sins. Save us f...
- joan ellen said I like the ‘spin’ of Truth…it is...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said There were about 1200 people in the congregation....
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Benedict XVI to Juventutem for Summorum Pontificum pilgrimage
- Father’s job is to say “No.”
- Rome – Day 6: Procession, Pontifical Mass at St Peter’s #SumPont2014
- USArmy: Ebola virus can go airborne in low temperatures
- What Archbp. Chaput really said about the Synod
- Bishop calls England to conversion to Christ. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: “God’s Holy Church” not “His” – inclusive language
- Rome – Day 4: No Show Edition
- Large gesture of openness toward SSPX!
- WDTPRS 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “In His will is our peace.”
- Benedict XVI sent text of talk to University: relativistic dialogue and “lethal ideas”
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 17 November 2008
UPDATE 19 Nov 15:10 GMT
The Recovering Dissident Catholic has something to add:
People ask me, often, what brought me around. This is it. Right here. It is THE LORD. Communion is not just some communal parish meal like having coffee … Continue reading
The young scholarship seeking Papist says that "Andrew Sullivan goes on a tear" after he hears about the Cardinal Stafford’s comments:
"The Vatican hierarchy has become radicalized under Benedict and John Paul II – so much so that they see the … Continue reading
A few shots:
And while I was having my lunch, … what a difference a few minutes make.
The controversy over Fr. Newman’s bulletin at his parish of St. Mary in Greenville, SC has heated up and become complicated.
You will remember that Fr. Newman made strong statements about the propriety receiving Communion by Catholics who voted for pro-abortion … Continue reading
Card. Stafford: Pres.-elect Obama “aggressive, disruptive and apocalyptic”… we will know “Gethsemene”
A reader sent me this from the magazine of the Catholic University of America.
This is from the magazine of Catholic University of America. My emphases and comments.
Cardinal at CUA: Obama is ‘Aggressive, Disruptive and Apocalyptic’
Posted By Elizabeth Grden On November … Continue reading
Over at NLM there are images of a chapel projected for University of Southern California.
Honestly, I have a recurring dream… one of many… but this one is pleasant. I have a recurring dream that I have to build a church, … Continue reading
I have been tidying up a bit and rediscovered a pin I acquired along the way.
This is a diminutive coat-of-arms of Pope Benedict XVI.
I don’t use it very often, for it is very delicate. The coins give you some perspective.
A reader asks:
I purchased a Monastic Diurnal and am quite pleased with it. I am interested in obtaining a Nocturnale that contains the entire Vigils of the Monastic Breviary, including the Psalter, Sanctoral, and Temporal, all in the 1962 rite. … Continue reading
If you are wondering why your printer isn’t working…
From a reader:
In accord with the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum, a traditional Solemn Mass will take place in Brooklyn (NY) at St. Cecilia’s Church on Friday, November 21st, 2008 at 7:30PM.
This will be the first traditional (Solemn) Mass there … Continue reading