- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Mr. Green said JM: Baloney. When the usual requirements are waive...
- M. K. said “Lawrence of Arabia” is my favorite fi...
- Uxixu said I can’t help but laugh out loud every time I...
- Uxixu said No fault divorce definitely needs to go. Long te...
- Robert_H said iTunes podcast subscription.
- If It’s a Man’s World, Then It’s a Woman’s Masterpiece: A Response to Camille Paglia | Reclaiming the Sacred said [...] the famous Fr. Z. (author of Fr. Z’s B...
- jm said “If you believe in the infallibility of the...
- Venerator Sti Lot said OrthodoxChick, Do you know C.S. Lewis’s R...
- Cafea Fruor said Just last night, I had the misfortune to be sittin...
- LadyMarchmain said Dr. Vitz has done outstanding work. Great choice,...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Imrahil, Thank you on all points! I love (retellin...
- OrthodoxChick said Mr. Green, I get your point. I’m afraid you...
- Venerator Sti Lot said (My apologies: “heeds”, not “hea...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I like the way the inscription simultaneously take...
- Lin said Another interesting trilogy by Brian J. Gail about...
- excalibur said I knew (and so did many others) that Cardinal Burk...
- The Cobbler said Personally, I just can’t figure out what Pro...
- Pat said Father, check this out: http://www.patheos.com/blo...
- Suburbanbanshee said Saidnaya is also the site of an Orthodox Marian sh...
- Suburbanbanshee said Benedict XVI first raised St. Hildegarde of Bingen...
- Mr. Green said Benedetta: when rules are obsessed over / enforced...
- Supertradmum said I have just received Paul Vitz’ Faith of th...
- Supertradmum said I am happy about this. How about Leo XIII?
- Norah said Robbie, I agree with you. “Benedict did th...
- Mr. Green said OrthodoxChick: If he has a particular order, or id...
- Lin said The fatherless story does not fit the MSM’s...
- mrshopey said I am saddened Cardinal Burke is being replaced. Gl...
- robtbrown said should be: would be no vernacular
- robtbrown said Also: If the Vatican would investigate a religiou...
- robtbrown said kpoterack, I read the CWR article. It explains th...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 18: 3rd Wednesday of Advent – religion has dissolved into an emotion, but…
- Pope approves canonization of St. Peter Faber, waiving the usual process
- Fatherless homes a key factor in school shootings, teen delinquency
- 17 Dec: 77th Birthday of His Holiness Pope Francis
- ADVENTCAzT 17: 3rd Tuesday of Advent – The innermost core of the mystery of Christmas
- VIDEO Islamists Attack Towering Christ Statue in Syria, Bomb Monastery
- Must read: Camille Paglia on feminist disrespect for men
- St. David, king, prophet, sinner, penitent – 16 or 29 Dec?
- NEW Z-SWAG: “I am a Self-Absorbed Promethean Neopelagian and proud of it.”
- QUAERITUR: Ember Day coincides with feast day
- ADVENTCAzT 16: 3rd Monday of Advent – hectic commercialism, hushed mystery
- Buy Soap from Dominicans… NOW. No. Really! TODAY!
- Kindle book by Pope Francis FREE today, Sunday [UPDATE: Still not too bad.]
- Peter O’Toole: R.I.P. Fr. Z POLL
- Pope Francis’ new interview: damage control on “trickle down” economics?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS POLL: Did you see Rose vestments on “Gaudete” Sunday?
- ADVENTCAzT 15: 3rd Sunday of Advent – True love calls sin “sin”.
- Pope Francis: Women must not be clericalized!
- Fr. Z on Fr. Hunwicke on the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate.
- Of Nativity Scenes and Vatican Budget Cuts
- Christmas and decreasing the surplus population
- ADVENTCAzT 14: 2nd Saturday of Advent – “illness and suffering, just like great delight”
- St. Lucy and Advent Ember Week
- Fr. Z on Fr. Finigan on the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- Obamacare, your taxes, and “gender reassignment” surgery. Fr. Z rants a little.
- VIDEO Interview with Card. Burke on EWTN – on Francis, the Ap. Exhortation, Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Communion for divorced/remarried. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“The Saints are not supermen, nor were they born perfect. They are like us, like each one of us. They are people who, before reaching the glory of heaven, lived normal lives with joys and sorrows, struggles and hopes. What changed their lives? When they recognized God’s love, they followed it with all their heart without reserve or hypocrisy. They spent their lives serving others, they endured suffering and adversity without hatred and responded to evil with good, spreading joy and peace. This is the life of a Saint. Saints are people who for love of God did not put conditions on him in their life; they were not hypocrites; they spent their lives at the service of others. They suffered much adversity but without hate. The Saints never hated. Understand this well: love is of God, then from whom does hatred come? Hatred does not come from God but from the devil! And the Saints removed themselves from the devil; the Saints are men and women who have joy in their hearts and they spread it to others. Never hate but serve others, the most needy; pray and live in joy. This is the way of holiness! Being holy is not a privilege for the few, as if someone had a large inheritance; in Baptism we all have an inheritance to be able to become saints. Holiness is a vocation for everyone. Thus we are all called to walk on the path of holiness, and this path has a name and a face: the face of Jesus Christ.”
- Pope Francis, Angelus, 1 Nov 2013
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 21 November 2008
We are headed for very hard times.
Huge changes loom, both in the secular level and also the spiritual realm. It is hard to read the times and not come to alarming conclusions.
World leadership has shifted remarkably in a short period of … Continue reading
On Sunday, 11 January, His Holiness will say Mass and confer baptism in the Sistine Chapel for the feast of the Baptism of the Lord.
I suspect this will be, again, ad orientem.
Do you remember my review of Charbel Vestments?
I received this from fellow who is involved with this new initiative:
Dear Father, Please find some time to visit our new website : http://www.charbelvestments.com/index.html We need a favour from you – Could you write something … Continue reading
The ultra-lefty National Catholic Reporter presents another exercise in adulation of probably soon to be former Fr. Roy Bougeois, MM.
Bougeois is a longtime professional protester, dissident and now heretical supporter of women’s ordination.
It was especially his active participation in a … Continue reading