- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- OrthodoxChick said Keeping you in prayer today, Chicken. May Our Lor...
- Urs said @Chicken! OMG! 2500 miles by bus?!!!!!! You might...
- benedetta said The NSA Father? Do we actually believe that our o...
- Father Zuhlsdorf said NSA, indeed. And I would like to welcome once ag...
- MWindsor said “…preppers can listen to FEMA discussi...
- mzanghetti said Thank You for posting this and is it copyrighted o...
- Father P said As far as Catholics supporting the SCOTUS decision...
- Knittingfoole said Quite right Fr. Z. He enjoys getting in touch with...
- Joseph-Mary said Here is a story for you. Last fall in Missouri at...
- Gerard Plourde said It seems that the question actually describes thre...
- mikeinmo said It is amazing to me that those of a liberal bent s...
- trespinos said Have you in prayer today, Chicken. Twenty five hun...
- mlmc said emanations from penumbras are figments of liberal...
- bookworm said I have a similar though perhaps not as serious que...
- anilwang said Just a point of reference. Baptists have a false u...
- excalibur said And what will ‘Catholic’ Fordham U. do...
- dahveed said Hi Father, I’m a fairly newly minted ham, us...
- excalibur said The DoI is one of the founding documents of the na...
- Alanmac said One of the four sins that cry to heaven is sodomy....
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said MWindsor says: Interesting. I preppers can listen...
- MWindsor said Sorry. It’s not DHS. It’s actually FEM...
- MWindsor said Hey Father Z – when you get the power situat...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Knitting: Probably better to ask him first, no?
- rodin said Thank you for posting this Father. I read it somew...
- some_guy_on_the_street said Things they call “augmented reality”,...
- Baritone said Thank you for posting this, Father. I read throug...
- Priam1184 said God have mercy on the United States of America.
- liquidpaw said Enemy doesn’t always mean in the sense of go...
- liquidpaw said I think Bishop Fellay’s statement could have...
- SKAY said Happy Fourth of July Father. Thank you for this p...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS 6th Sunday after Pentecost – zeal and mercy
- ASK FATHER: Priest who baptizes any baby brought to him
- ASK FATHER: Same-sex confusion, false understanding of marriage, and nullity
- Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday
- WDTPRS 14th Ordinary Sunday – from dust to freedom
- Excommunication of same-sex ‘marriage’ Catholic SCOTUS Justices for Heresy
- ASK FATHER: Sunday obligation and career conflicts
- UPDATE REVIEW: The ULTIMATE Priest’s Gift – Super Cool Portable Altar
- Minnesota: Extraordinary Form with preaching in Spanish
- Something to amuse
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 24 November 2008
In the news bulletin of the Cathedral of Tulsa, there is news that His Excellency Most Reverend Edward Slattery
"…will celebrate the 10 a.m. Mass ad orientem (that is, facing the same direction as the people) during Advent and Christmastime. … Continue reading
From a priest reader. My emphases and comments:
Reverend and Dear Father Zuhlsdorf,
Firstly, thank you for your blog, which I enjoy reading very much. I first became aware of it through a search for some or other phrase in … Continue reading
I added the audio of the sermon for the Mass.
Our friends at St. Mary’s in Kalamazoo have sent photos and sound clips of the Mass yesterday for the Last Sunday after Pentecost (1962MR).
The music was Mozart’s "Sparrow Missa Brevis" … Continue reading
The following came to my attention via a kind reader:
Pontifical Requiem Mass on November 21st
Pontifical Requiem Mass will [was] for the repose of the soul of the Rev. Msgr. Anthony Ferrero [RIP] of the Diocese … Continue reading
From a seminarian:
I am a seminarian for the Archdiocese of New York and an avid reader of your blog. I thought the following piece of information might be of interest to similar readers. On the feast of St. Cecilia (11/22), … Continue reading
From a reader:
Hi Fr. Z,
While I think you would appreciate the entire list of 10 that Victor Davis Hanson writes about today, #1 goes to the crux of what you’ve been talking about for years. Here is the link:
Here … Continue reading
About this time of year I start getting questions about advent wreaths.
For example, this came from a a reader today:
Dear Fr. Zuhlsdorf, Is it proper to use scented candles for the advent wreath?
Sure… if you want to deal with the smell.
I … Continue reading
Don’t Let Wi-Fi Leave Your Prayer Life Dry
Vatican Aide Encourages Setting Aside Times of Silence
VATICAN CITY, NOV. 23, 2008 (Zenit.org).- In the age of cell phones and the Internet, the Holy See’s spokesman warns that your prayer life could … Continue reading
From a reader:
Fr. Z — in case you do a "call" for readers to submit Campaign for Human Development (a.k.a. ACORN fund) stories today, the traditional Latin Mass in Washington, D.C. raised a total of $10 from a congregation of … Continue reading
You might recall that the so-called Transalpine Redemptorists, now the Sons of the Most Holy Redeemer, in Scotland, reconciled with Rome and now enjoy the fruits of deeper unity with Peter.
There is an interesting update on their situation at their … Continue reading