- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- johnson2380 said In the words of Hillary Rodham Clinton, https://yo...
- Elizabeth D said Poor Father hit his head pretty good after he fell...
- Elizabeth R said Archbishop Carlson of Saint Louis http://archstl.o...
- ghp95134 said Bishop Patrick J. McGrath’s Statement on Supreme C...
- Legisperitus said http://www.cdlex.org/documents/Stowe_Statement_6-2...
- ppb said Archdiocese of Santa Fe, Most Rev. John C. Wester:...
- Prayerful said The Jesuits now are very old men and utterly liber...
- Polycarpio said Statement on the U.S. Supreme Court Ruling in Ober...
- Wendy said http://www.diocesepvd.org/06-26-15-statement-from-...
- tgarcia2 said My former Diocese http://elpasodiocese.org/diocese...
- JABV said Bishop Michael Bransfield, Diocese of Wheeling-Cha...
- comedyeye said Is the Archdiocese of Milwaukee leading a peaceful...
- sejoga said Official Statement from San Antonio June 26, 2015...
- michael said http://www.bostoncatholic.org/Utility/News-And-Pre...
- george said The link to go with the text posted by cathgrl: ht...
- raininnewark said Archbishop Gomez Statement on the U.S. Supreme Cou...
- Margaret said If the children are in danger, separation could be...
- olivia said http://www.austindiocese.org/article/15928/bishop-...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Elizabeth: What’s WordPress?
- paterscotus said Alaska Catholic Conference of Bishops [appended to...
- cathgrl said Statement from Michigan’s Catholic Bishops...
- Elizabeth D said Thank you so much for fixing the redirect thing, t...
- Cantor said June 26, 2015 For immediate release Roman Catholic...
- Elizabeth D said STATEMENT OF ARCHBISHOP BLASE J. CUPICH ARCHBISHOP...
- Elizabeth D said acardnal said: “it appears Fr. John Blewett...
- slainewe said @Lutgardis Thank you for the link on the effect of...
- Fr. Andrew said In our community (I’m a religious priest) we...
- frjim4321 said All I can say is I hope the artist did not use sta...
- lmgilbert said For “clear and emphatic” what about this strategy...
- ctln said Not a word, although I cannot say I’m surpri...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
- Super fun book alert!
- ASK FATHER: Married deacons and the fascia
- The problem is the inversion of “God is love” and “Love is God.”
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
- We are obliged to RESIST! “Clear and emphatic opposition is a duty”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Pentecost – In redeeming us, God does not unmake us.
- Ed Peters on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges
- USCCB on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges – “tragic error”
- SCOTUS Justices on Obergefell v. Hodges
- It’s time to kneel down and pray for our nation
- Wherein Fr. Blake hits a century
- The Church in Madison is alive! VIDEO
- ASK FATHER: Our Episcopal priest recently became a nun….
- ASK FATHER: Petrine Privilege or usual “annulment” procedure? Help!
- Ed Peters on Pope Francis’ remarks about “separation” of spouses
- POLL: SCOTUS upheld ObamaCare subsidies in states
- ASK FATHER: I work on Sunday. Can I go to Mass on another day?
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 16 November 2009
We are coming up on the 40th Anniversary of the implementation of the Novus Ordo in the Latin Church.
Forty years ago on 30 Nov 1969 the Novus Ordo went into force. It was the 1st Sunday of Advent.
Therefore, we welcome … Continue reading
Great! I am watching now the live coverage of the USCCB meeting.
Commercials at the beginning!
Bp. Wester (D.Salt Lake City) reports that Nat. Advisory Council recommended the passing of the block of translations.
Today is the feast of St. Gertrude.
From the 2005 Roman Martyrology:
Sanctae Gertrudis, cognomento Magnae, virgins, quae, inde ab infantia solitudini et litterarum studiis summo ardore ac strenuitate dedita, tota ad Deum conversa monasterium Cisterciensium Helpithense prope Islebiam in Saxonia Germaniae … Continue reading
In the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette comes this with my emphases and comments:
Bishops split over Mass translationMonday, November 16, 2009By Ann Rodgers, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The nation’s Catholic bishops will address many social controversies at their meeting in Baltimore this week. But the topic … Continue reading
I was sent a photo from a confirmation ceremony with the older, traditional form of the sacrament, which took place in England last week, in the Archdiocese of Westminster.
His Excellency Most Rev. George Stack, Auxiliary Bishop of Westminster confirmed 32 … Continue reading
A reader sent this:
Suggestion on polls…. Ask readers to copy and paste the poll links into a new browser window. Even better – disable the link so they have to. This will keep the poll admin from seeing … Continue reading
Reminder:WaPo has a POLL: QUESTION: Should the city required the Church to follow a law it considers immoral?
I voted "NO" in this poll.
The liberals have found the poll and are asserting their control.
Obama Will Remove Abortion Funding Ban From Health Care Bill, Advisor Says
by Steven ErteltLifeNews.com EditorNovember 15, 2009
Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) — Top Obama advisor David Axelrod on Sunday confirmed what pro-life advocates already suspected would happen. He said President Barack … Continue reading