Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- kpoterack said Check out the latest (Summer 2014) issue of Commun...
- pattif said It sounds to me as if Cardinal Kasper knows he can...
- MariaKap said Arrrr. And don’t be fergettin yer pirate nam...
- MasterofCeremonies said The Baofeng is my favorite HT. Great little radio....
- JustaSinner said I say NO to both questions…now bring on the...
- TWF said Sadly, many parts of the world still have no insti...
- Charivari Rob said There seem to be at least a few reactions to this...
- murtheol said At the end of the citation should be quotes: R...
- murtheol said Deacon Augustine: If you could take the time to r...
- trespinos said I suppose the term “Islamism” will com...
- Lynn Diane said The retired Turkish imam, Fethullah Gulen, who res...
- marcelus said Emilio AS soon as I saw the name REGENBURG I knew...
- Allan S. said Murtheol has clearly not read Canonist Edward Pete...
- FrankWalshingham said Every Catholic should read Cardinal BellarminoR...
- Imrahil said Around here, the prayer, where held in its traditi...
- amenamen said “Islamism” is a recently coined word,...
- Uxixu said I initially had many of the same objections as mur...
- Unwilling said “No religion condones the killing of innocen...
- LarryW2LJ said And for you Hams, out there – tonight is the...
- Moro said Much catechesis is needed about deacons, especiall...
- Clinton R. said “Be Thou King of all those who are still inv...
- Emilio said With all due respect to His Holiness Pope Francis,...
- JonPatrick said Our parish (Prince of Peace Lewiston ME) decided t...
- Uxixu said They’re using all the words but don’t...
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied! | Fr. Z’s Blog | Deaconjohn1987's Blog said [...] The blood of San Gennaro liquefied! | Fr. Z&...
- Bob B. said This was one of the events that Catholic school ki...
- KAS said Avast ye matey’s! Talk like a pirate, ARRRRR...
- acardnal said But Father, but Father . . . what would Captain Ja...
- Deacon Augustine said murtheol, Fr. Z did not say that deacons are impai...
- JonathanCatholic said Pirates for Communion! Merciful God, merciful Chur...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 16 November 2009
We are coming up on the 40th Anniversary of the implementation of the Novus Ordo in the Latin Church.
Forty years ago on 30 Nov 1969 the Novus Ordo went into force. It was the 1st Sunday of Advent.
Therefore, we welcome … Continue reading
Great! I am watching now the live coverage of the USCCB meeting.
Commercials at the beginning!
Bp. Wester (D.Salt Lake City) reports that Nat. Advisory Council recommended the passing of the block of translations.
Today is the feast of St. Gertrude.
From the 2005 Roman Martyrology:
Sanctae Gertrudis, cognomento Magnae, virgins, quae, inde ab infantia solitudini et litterarum studiis summo ardore ac strenuitate dedita, tota ad Deum conversa monasterium Cisterciensium Helpithense prope Islebiam in Saxonia Germaniae … Continue reading
In the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette comes this with my emphases and comments:
Bishops split over Mass translationMonday, November 16, 2009By Ann Rodgers, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The nation’s Catholic bishops will address many social controversies at their meeting in Baltimore this week. But the topic … Continue reading
I was sent a photo from a confirmation ceremony with the older, traditional form of the sacrament, which took place in England last week, in the Archdiocese of Westminster.
His Excellency Most Rev. George Stack, Auxiliary Bishop of Westminster confirmed 32 … Continue reading
A reader sent this:
Suggestion on polls…. Ask readers to copy and paste the poll links into a new browser window. Even better – disable the link so they have to. This will keep the poll admin from seeing … Continue reading
Reminder:WaPo has a POLL: QUESTION: Should the city required the Church to follow a law it considers immoral?
I voted "NO" in this poll.
The liberals have found the poll and are asserting their control.
Obama Will Remove Abortion Funding Ban From Health Care Bill, Advisor Says
by Steven ErteltLifeNews.com EditorNovember 15, 2009
Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) — Top Obama advisor David Axelrod on Sunday confirmed what pro-life advocates already suspected would happen. He said President Barack … Continue reading