Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- OrdoMilitaris: If you want to order one as a gift, in the Message Field of the Payment form, put Ship as a Gift to XXX, where XXX is the name and address. 5 of you never gave us an address nor an...
- Lucas: Oh man, this is amazing! I was on the fence, but I kinda think I need it. Can these still be ordered? I absolutely love one, but I can’ t front the $135 now, I just need to save a bit...
- JabbaPapa: It’s quite openly demonic — pray for us Michael, Saint Athanasius , Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich.
- Benedict Joseph: Now I have to buy it!
- Semper Gumby: Thanks to Fr. Z and commenters for info in these Lettergate posts.
- CatholicNerdGirl: How sad that Catholic institutio ns promote such things! Unfortunat ely, we have the same garbage being taught in “Catholic’ schools in the name of tolerance. God help anybody who...
- Charles E Flynn: The “Gen derbread PersonR 21; graphic is missing the thought balloon above the head that contains “Whe n I grow up, I will sue every person involved in making...
- Sawyer: There was also a prayer at the Saturday morning prayer service that expressed disappoint ment that families that once accepted and loved their daughters shunned them when they became...
- Mike: The Rome conference sounds great. I’ll be sorry to miss it, but not sorry for the reason, which is that I’m booked to attend the Catholic Family News conference , “Wea pons...
- TimFinnegan: OrdoMilita ris: I ordered one but I wanted to know if making another donation would be just like placing another order. Also, how might I order one as a gift for Father Z? Thank you in...
- ChrisP: You know, this kind of thing is enough to trigger the southern San Andreas fault. And Joseph Sciambra is doing a fantastic job of bringing this kind of craziness to light. He is a fantas...
- Ave Maria: To promote homosexual ity and “tra nsgenderis m” is damnable and even more so when it is done under the gaze of the Catholic Church.
- YoungLatinMassGuy: Here are four letters that’ ;ll “tri gger” ; every SJW: XY. XX.
- maternalView: Sick. This is offensive. And so very hurtful to faithful Catholic families dealing with family members who have rejected their families and Catholic upbringing and adopted the so-ca...
- pianofab: Grazie per questo breve excursus ai tempi del liceo! [Di nulla.]
- maternalView: I read Winters 217; article. That was painful. But also amusing. And revealing. His article is really a nice example of lefty catholic boilerplat e bereft of substance. I̵...
- FrAnt: When I hear of the indiscrimi nate welcome of Muslims into Europe, I am saddened to think of all of the men, women, and children who were slaughtere d for their faith. Only to have Europe&...
- Semper Gumby: Way. Too. Cool. I’d bet my last Combat Rosary that during the Solemn Unboxing one of the musical selections played by Fr. Z was this: https://yo utube.com/ watch?v=st o3p3eozg8
- erick: Commitment to the poor? That’s a great good, but may God forbid that there be any “touchston e for Catholic identity” other than Christ.
- Henry Edwards: Coyote: “I cannot recommend that anyone buy this book” ; This told me all I needed to know about Douthat 217;s book, so I immediatel y one-clicke d it at Amazon....
- pseudomodo: A Monsignor is permitted to put LLAB-BA after his name… ;.. (Looks Like A Bishop – But Ain’ t)
- David: +Fr. Sotelo: One big problem for me in all of this is that the Archdioces e has only used the phrase “imp roper relationsh ips” , and confirmed that minors were not involv...
- David: I will be very interested to see what if any voice Juventutem or FOCUS missionari es will have in the upcoming Youth Synod. I would not be surprised in the least if things were manipulate d...
- CharlesG: “Tim e to fight back.̶ 1; Well, time is greater than space, after all…
- Kathleen10: Well for sure silence won’ t make anything happen. The thing is Father, at some point Catholics have to make some noise. We can’ t take on every cause, but when something so...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- How bad was the Three Days of Darkness this year?
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Fishwrap’s Wile E. Coyote v. @DouthatNYT and his new book for Pope Francis’ 5th anniversary
- The Extraordinary Form “raises the bar”
- Lettergate produces a casualty: Msgr. Viganò. Well… not quite.
- LENTCAzT 2018 36 – Wednesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: It’s madness!
- ROME – 7 April – Conference: “Catholic Church, Where Are You Going?”
- UPDATE & ACTION ITEM for St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- “Not so fast!”, says the damned soul. “Amoris laetitia says,…”.
- LENTCAzT 2018 35 – Tuesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “Have mercy on me, at least you, my friends!”
- UPDATE on ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
- LENTCAzT 2018 32 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: ungenerous, unscrupulous
- UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
- Fr. Stravinskas breaks it down to the essential
- The Three Days of Darkness 2018 are underway in LA!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: Innocence, Penitence, Priesthood
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 23 November 2009
Tell us about your good news!
We could all use it.
I hear that this new vampire flick is bringing in money by the coffin load.
I hear also that most of the audience in these theaters are female.
What’s with that?
On 24 Nov, Wednesday, Bishop Tobin of Providence, Rhode Island will be on Bill O’Reilly’s show on FoxNews.
USNews & World Report has a POLL on Bishop Tobin’s decision to ask pro-abortion Catholic Rep. Patrick Kennedy not to receive Holy Communion.
You know what to do.
Here is the question:
Should America’s Roman Catholic bishops ask elected officials who support abortion … Continue reading
Vatican City, Nov 23, 2009 / 01:22 pm (CNA).- Cardinal Walter Kasper, president of the Pontifical Council for Christian Unity, explained last week that the entrance of Anglicans into the Catholic Church is the fruit of authentic ecumenism inspired … Continue reading
From a reader:
My son is due to make his First Communion next spring. Since our family attends the extraordinary form of the Mass at St Kevin’s in Dublin, I was concerned that his teacher might not understand the differences between … Continue reading
From a reader:
Father Z,I’m not sure if you saw it, but there’s an interesting quote from Mario Cuomo in an article of fox news. "In 1984, former Democratic New York Gov. Mario Cuomo, a Catholic who supported abortion rights and … Continue reading
A friend of mine in the Oxford Newman Society alerted me to pics online of their Mass for the term. It was the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
This Mass was in the chapel of Corpus Christi College, Oxford.Check them … Continue reading
I posted about the decision of Bp. Tobin of Providence, Rhode Island to ask pro-abortion Catholic Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-RI) not to present himself for Holy Communion.
Bishop Tobin has pointed out that Rep. Kennedy’s pro-abortion stance is incompatible with … Continue reading