HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- RichR: Father, These posts remind me that there are beautiful things in this world. It also shows people that you aren’t a mean old curmudgeon who sits in his home hating Vatican II ;-) You seem...
- Jerome Charles: Fr. MartinR 17;s premise is wrong. There is NO room for LGBT people in the Catholic Church. They should another church, for starters 8230; I don’ t really believe that....
- Gab: Enjoying Your travelogue s, Father Z.
- deaconjohn1987: Thank you, Cardinal Müller!
- JayDeee: Love all the Roman history, so thank you for posting. Was admiring your small apartment hack, then I thought, wait… ;… 8230; how did he manage to get a Swiss Guard Army knife...
- Gab: “Here lies Valetta, worthy of eternal honour, terror of Asia [meaning Asia Minor] and Libya [Meaning North Africa] and sometime shield of Europe whence he subdued through sacred arms the Geta...
- West of the Potomac: I was at Ss. Trinita for the Triduum and that Paschal candle was very tall. The MC had to climb a large step stool to light it. It must burn *really* fast! P.S. Try the panch...
- SKAY: Gab said: “Mor e than anything, Fr Martin needs our prayers. 8221; So do those whom he has led astray.
- SKAY: Gab said: “Mor e than anything, Fr Martin needs our prayers. 8221; So do those whom he has led astray.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: acardnal says: difficult to come by Thus the stage is set!
- acardnal: Yes, it seems ketchup is indeed difficult to come by overseas. When I was travelling throughout the middle east on business in the 1980’ ;s, ketchup was not available in restaurant s...
- Gab: More than anything, Fr Martin needs our prayers.
- Semper Gumby: Thanks for the links to rebuttals by Fr. Sirico and by First Things. Good to see First Things getting back on track after that peculiar “Aga inst the Dead Consensus& #8221;...
- tho: The catechism has it right “int rinsically disordered ”, which means by its’ very nature, how hard is that to understand . If a bishop or priest doesn̵ 7;t get behind...
- TomG: bibi1003: I think it’s time to start naming the diocese, if not the name of the ordinary.
- GregB: In James 5:19-20: * 19 My brethren, if any one among you wanders from the truth and some one brings him back, 20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from the error of his way will...
- monstrance: Just ordered Great Siege – Thank you Fr Z for heads up
- bibi1003: My bishop actively supports Fr. Martin and New Ways Ministry 8211;he speaks at their events. Yet he has never issued a public statement supporting the right to life. I find that incre...
- OrdinaryCatholic: Fr. Martin and those who think as he does cannot seriously be contemplat ing the the final judgment. What we see in Fr. Martin is what will become more and more prevalent in the...
- acardnal: That old radio is probably loaded with vacuum tubes (valves in England). I started my career in electronic s with tubes: diodes, triodes, tetrodes, pentodes with their filaments, cathod...
- acardnal: Seeing that old set-top radio caused my mind to think of Mussolini& #8217;s voice coming out of it.
- Kevin: No millstone deserves that fate!?
- Ms. M-S: Genesis 1: 26-28 Mark 10:7 Matthew 5:11 2 Timothy 4:3-4 I won’ t add the reference to the millstone around the neck, but I hope Fr. Martin has occasion to reflect upon it before...
- Gab: There is only one, holy, catholic and Apostolic Church which is the mystical body of Christ. Regardless of how we humans try to destroy it from within and without, the Church will remain the...
- Gab: The rose-gold, black and silver combinatio n will look stunning. And the blue/gold patterned done in a black/silv er will by outstandin g. Good choices, Father.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Card. Müller on deaconettes. “No.”
- Rome Day 3: Roman trash talk, perspiration, and prostitutes
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and PRIESTS who can say them
- Persecuted Fr. Kalchik responds to homosexualist Jesuit Martin
- Anniversary of a turning point in Christian history
- NEW FROM MITSUI! Our Lady Untier of Knots
- Stupid angry lib (I know, tautology) at The Atlantic against priesthood
- Rome Day 1-2: Views, fabrics and eats
- My View For Awhile: All Roads Edition
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Easter: The prayer’s very word order reveals God’s love
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: QSL Cards and some firsts
- VIDEO: Diaconate Ordination of the the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter @CSPOrd
- Donations, PayPal, alternatives, and you
- Irish Ass. of Catholic Priests in toddler meltdown mode against Francis over no women deacons
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Thursday: ZedNet, my first pile up, and remote from GITMO and… Vatican City?
- GERMANY: Pro-women’s ordination group: “We want to take Mary off her pedestal”
- What’s up at the southern border of these USA
- Lib liturgy positivists force people to stand after Communion
- Student ‘steals’ pro-life sign on camera, gets arrested, but she’s the victim!
- Benedict XVI’s recent essay is a subtle correction of Amoris laetitia ch. 8
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- NEW BOOK from Martin Mosebach – Subversive Catholicism: Papacy, Liturgy, Church
- ASK FATHER: The TLM’s Orationes Diversae and Oratio Imperata
- Historic chasuble rediviva
- MULTIPLE CMEs ARE COMING – GEOMAGNETIC STORM UNDERWAY NOW
- The shortage of priests didn’t just happen by itself, it was engineered.
- 14 May – St. Paul, MN: Argument of the Month – SSPX
- Day 8-11 – NS Guantanamo Bay: Homeward, delayed and GITMO colors
- “Don’t bite the priest!”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Monthly Archives: September 2011
I have two heavy intentions. I ask for your support for these intentions with prayer. In the past I have put this request to you and I now renew it.
Minnesota Catholic Conference and Archd. STP/MPLS says “Catholics For Marriage Equality MN” is NOT affiliated with Church
I direct now your attention to the website of the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis and their Office for Marriage and Family. The Archdiocese made this apparent on the front page of their website. As you may recall, His … Continue reading
Some of you long time readers here and of my columns in The Wanderer might recall that over the years from time to time I have mentioned a wonderful couple, an active duty Marine Corps officer, M, and his wife, … Continue reading
If there have to be reality TV shows or treasure hunt movies, I propose finding the tomb of St. Jerome (+420) in the Basilica of St. Mary Major in Rome. For a couple years I have posted something about Jerome’s … Continue reading
Thanks to all of you who have been ordering Mystic Monk Coffee and Tea from the Carmelites in Wyoming. You are helping them build their new monastery and put groceries on the table. You are also helping me put groceries … Continue reading
BENEDICT XVI’S PRAYER INTENTIONS FOR OCTOBER VATICAN CITY, 30 SEP 2011 (VIS) – Pope Benedict’s general prayer intention for October is: “That the terminally ill may be supported by their faith in God and the love of their brothers and … Continue reading
On ZENIT there is an interesting interview with Anthony Esolen, about whom I have written before. For example, Prof. Esolen has translated the whole of Dante’s Divine Comedy. When it comes to translation, this guy’s got game. My emphases. The … Continue reading
In this last week’s edition of The Wanderer, we read a reprint of a column by Most Rev. Thomas Doran, Bishop of Rockford. I believe it was originally on the site of the diocese on 2 September 2011. My emphases … Continue reading
From a reader: I have a kind of…confused question for you here, im told that i dont need to say the Luminous Mysteries, im told Pope John Paul II “suggested” it, not declared that it must be said, i wonder … Continue reading
I have been enjoying my Kindle enormously. I have the Kindle 3g which has a keyboard. I was sceptical at first but I have been won over. It is especially useful for books I don’t especially want to keep on … Continue reading
Over at the National catholic Fishwrap, Jamie Manson has flung herself headlong into another error. I won’t torment you with a fisking of the whole article. Suffice it to say that Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia is said to have … Continue reading
From a reader: I was coerced into attending a church function tonight with a number of the other Latin Mass members and the priest (a member of the FSSP). When the priest arrived and the greetings started, I noticed everyone … Continue reading
From a seminarian: I am a seminarian from the southern region of the US. Here at seminary, there are many guys, I myself included, who are more traditionally minded who enjoy Latin and orthodoxy. Others however, see that the hispanic … Continue reading
Read this whole thing. From CNA comes this about the Pope’s visit to Germany. A highlight: “(D)amage to the Church comes not from her opponents but from uncommitted Christians.” And also, “The Pope gave appropriate directions. The fate of the … Continue reading