Fr. Z’s Predictions for 2014
1. Israel will attack Iran (still waiting for this one)
2. SCOTUS will rule in favor of the Bishops on the HHS Mandate (still waiting on this too)
3. The “AFFORDABLE” Care Act will continue to flop and be unpopular.
4. The number of places in which Extraordinary Form (TLM) Masses are offered will continue to grow.
5. The Canonization of Popes John and John Paul will see the largest crowds in history gathered in Rome.
6. Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI will attend the canonization Mass.
7. Curial Reform will not make significant progress.
8. The Extraordinary Synod of Bishops on the family will leave people wondering why they bothered.
9. Former-Father Greg Reynolds will still be excommunicated.
10. Fr. Z will still not be a Monsignor.
“But Father! But Father!”, some are eagerly saying, “How did last year’s predictions go?”
Let’s find out.
1) Israel will attack Iran (this one’s running for the 3rd consecutive year) [-1]
2) SCOTUS will rule in favor of the bishops on the HHS Mandate [-1]
3) Pope Benedict will still be Pope [-1 WOW! Got that wrong.]
4) Bishop Finn (still there!) will formally condemn the Fishwrap [-1]
5) The Year of Faith will close; Pope Benedict will issue an encyclical on faith [-.5]
6) The Church of England will find a way to approve women bishops [+1]
7) More Anglicans will join the Ordinariate [+1]
8) Bp Morlino of Madison will be invited as keynote speaker to LCWR Annual Assembly [-1 Who knew?]
9) Italy will have another government (for a while) [+1]
10) Fr. Z will still not be a Monsignor [+1]