Search Fr. Z’s Blog
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gil Garza: Of course the Fertility Goddess Totem which has become symbolic of the Amazonian Synod is being fetishized , along with the indigenous people themselves by the Baby Boomers in attenda...
- JonPatrick: “Nob ody expects Frank the Hippie Pope! Our 2 main weapons – airplane pressers, ambiguous documents, and synods – 3 main weapons … 221;
- Jacques-Antoine Fierz: I beg your pardon. Francesco Borromini and Carlo Maderno were Swiss and not Italian. As well as Domenico Fontana (Scala Santa, Saint Peter dome, the removal and erection of...
- JamesA: Great podcast, Father. Much to contemplat e. I enjoyed the sounds of Rome in the background !
- Barnacle: @ Charles E Flynn Thank you, and thanks for the link. To be fair to me, I did say, ‘usi ng our minds,R 17; not ‘rea ding our minds,R 17; where the thought I had behind...
- Gab: First few sentences in Wikipedia (I know, but still … lots of citations) : Pachamama is a goddess revered by the indigenous people of the Andes. She is also known as the earth/t...
- Spinmamma: Well done.
- Rob83: San Giovanni dei Fiorentini was my usual spot for Sunday Mass in English while visiting Rome in the pre-Sumoru m days. It was undergoing repairs at the time, which meant the priest had to...
- TRW: Very interestin g point. I had the same thought. It is apparently a common species in the Mediterran ean region. Still, the holm oak is specifical ly mentioned in accounts of all the apparit...
- matt from az: I’m not sure why everyone is up in arms about Pope Francis and this pagan stuff. John Paul II, allegedly “The Great,” kissed the Quran, participat ed in a pagan smoke ceremony rather...
- Charles E Flynn: @Barnacle, You have raised an interestin g distinctio n between having access to our imaginatio n and being able to “rea d our minds̶ 1;, which the books I have read...
- Barnacle: The Devil has access to our imaginatio n. He loves it when foul images are planted therein, because he exploits those images to corrupt us, manipulate our thinking, and/or to blasph...
- Markus: Reminds one of “Monte Python’s Flying Circus.” Made me wonder if one is not seeing the remake, “Monte Petro’s Flying Curia?”
- Mac in Calgary: Lutheran Satire absolutely rocks. It’s funny and usually targets the right heresies. Although I am pained by the occasional appearance s of Frank the Hippie Pope.
- Charles E Flynn: From Christus Vincit: Bishop Schneider’ s Powerful and Luminous New Book — And Its Presentati on in Rome , by Prof. Peter Kwasniewsk i: Bishop Schneider critiques worldlines s...
- FrAnt: Satire the thin line between reality and the absurd. Bravo.
- mattg: There is a strange cultural undercurre nt eroding our sanity. Scott Adams calls it the Parody Inversion Point. https://di lbert.com/ strip/2019 -10-02 https://di lbert.com/ strip/2019 -10-03...
- JesusFreak84: I love Lutheran SatireR 30;even if his Christolog y videos give me flashbacks to my hardest Theology class in college >.<; ;;
- DeGaulle: Why do we need a figure to represent ‘lif e’ in the house that holds He who represents Eternal Life?
- rhhenry: RLseven, Certainly we should know more about who, exactly, the “fem ale figureR 21; is, and with what she is pregnant. The Virgin Mary pregnant with our Lord is different from...
- Andrew Saucci: Bobbortoli n, all I can say is wow! That was 30 years ago. Glad to see it helped someone.
- Il Ratzingeriano: This synod is going way out of its way to discredit itself. The whole pontificat e increasing ly has the feel of an accelerati ng late stage crack-up.
- Semper Gumby: This Onion bit is rather amusing (though I understand The Astronomer and Kathleen10 ). Maybe The Onion will write a new piece for 2019 and the Amazon Synod. The pagan rituals, ̶...
- RLseven: Simmer down, WVC. Your examples are a bit far fetched. This is not a prayer about abortion or Satan. It is about Creation and those who deeply respect nature as part of their spirituali ty...
- RLseven: He did name what it was: “a female figure representi ng life.̶ 1; Why is that so hard to believe? We are pro-life Catholics, correct? Therefore, a representa tion of a pregn...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Is Francis an Antipope because Cardinals conspired and the conclave was invalid?
- Lutheran Satire educates
- Pagan Idols at the Amazon “walking together” Synod
- ROME DAY 13: A Suicide, a Life Hack, and an ALERT to Roman Seminarians
- You can’t make this stuff up: eRosary. Wherein an annoyed Fr. Z rants.
- 2016: Ecumenical Exchange Program with winged Mayan snake god Kukulkan
- PODCAzT 178: Fr. Weinandy and the possible “Internal Papal Schism”
- Bp. Schneider’s talk at the presentation of the book: Christus Vincit
- ROME DAY 12: Chapels Stupid and Stupendous, Important Book and Talks
- ACTION ITEM! Baptismal Font for Rome’s Traditional Parish – UPDATE
- ROME DAY 11: Butchers, Roman Rosary, and an Odd Dessert
- ROME DAY 10: Conference, Requiem and Guts
- ASK FATHER: When could priests wear casual attire?
- ROME DAY 9: Campo, Clams and a Canonization Sonnet
- ASK FATHER: How to protest, perhaps in Rome?
- ASK FATHER: Cocktail advice for Our Lady of Victory
- ROME DAY 8: Bridges, Inscriptions, Cheeses
- Mass for Benefactors ,11 Oct, and Requiem
- “Supertradmum” (Marie Dean): R.I.P.
- ROME DAY 7: Weird Amazon Stuff, Death and a Spatula
- The Holy See: Goat Rodeo
- #AmazonSynod, optional celibacy, divorced and remarried priests, and Amoris Laetitia
- ROME DAY 6: Twisty Tower, Tuna, and “Tini”
- “Amazon rite” proposed at Amazon Synod: more condescension to follow
- A priest opines on the effect of optional priestly celibacy
- Amazon Synod and deaconettes?
- ROME DAY 5: Marks, Medieval Lions, and Mussolini Trees
- #AmazonSynod -1st attack on the Priesthood: The Cassock
- INDULGENCE 1st Sunday of October – Supplication to O.L. of Pompeii
- ROME DAY 4: Carbonara, Caravaggio, altar idiocy
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: ASK FATHER Question Box
From a reader… QUAERITUR: In your podcast the other about [Fr. Thomas G.] Weinandy’s idea of an “internal papal schism” you said that nobody is saying that Bergoglio is an Antipope. But there are people saying that and Bergoglio is … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: In the United States, I imagine you would agree, it is not uncommon to see priests in very casual attire. Under what circumstances (if any) would the traditional modus operandi allow for dressing down (i.e. not … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father, do you think individuals or groups of non-Italian Catholics can picket or demonstrate in Saint Peter’s Square? I’m from the U.S.A. and thinking I’d like to fly over and start doing so! As a frequent … Continue reading
From a reader under another post: How exactly does one “activate” or “invoke” the Sacrament of Confirmation? Firstly, make a really good examination of conscience. Then, GO TO CONFESSION! Follow up with a devout Holy Communion. Then, if you have … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Do you have an example of a program for a priest’s first Mass? Specifically, one that could catechize non-practicing Catholics or non-Catholics who might attend by explaining what goes on during the Liturgy? Thank you and … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I have a fairly bushy mustache. I don’t feel comfortable receiving the Precious Blood as I sometimes get liquids on my mustache, my morning coffee is sometimes a chore. That said, a friend said I was … Continue reading
From a permanent deacon… QUAERITUR: What is your take on the state of the permanent diaconate? Permanent deacons don’t seem to have a “home” in the Church. Many in the traditional community bemoan permanent deacons as a Vatican II oddity, … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Dear Fr Z – First, let me again express gratitude for your priesthood and the work you do. Your constant, faithful representation of the Faith and calm, stalwart encouragement are invaluable boons. Second, I read this … Continue reading
We’ll explore this time the Latin of the Last Rites in the Traditional form. There is enough evidence that Latin is more effective in our Rite than the vernacular, that the use of Latin, often, is warranted. It would be … Continue reading
From a priest… QUAERITUR: On your post about exorcism of a parish you mentioned in the comments not to use “Unbound”. I know people connected to this. Do you know of a good article explaining why? I interested being able … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Dear Fr. I’m hoping for some advice as to how to charitably and prudently deal with a gender dysphoric coworker without giving a pinch of incense to Jupiter. Specifically, it is likely that I will need … Continue reading
ASK FATHER: If adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will end, why do we say, “without end” when we pray?
From a Sister… QUAERITUR: We are trying to revive the practice of Perpetual Adoration in our congregation. Previously (1882-1986), when there was a change of adorers the incoming adorer would say “Praised and adored be without end” and the outgoing … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Hello, Father. I have a request. Since you often exhort people to go to confession, and since many haven’t gone in years and have anxiety about the form it takes, what to do or what to … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I went to Confession yesterday, and the priest asked me to suggest a good penance for myself. I was completely taken aback. I hate vague penances like “give to the poor,” so I suggested three Hail … Continue reading