HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- -DN-: What exactly was “str ategicR 21; about, say, the firebombin g of Dresden?
- Clinton R.: For a Catholic, much less a priest to say this about Transubsta ntiation is very troubling. It reflects a faith lost or never had in the the first place. Our Lord is indeed Present in...
- Kerry: My dear Fr. Reese, I’ll see your Beringer of Tours, (c. 999-1088 A.D.) and go all in with: St. Ignatius of Antioch (c. 110 A.D), St. Justin Martyr (c. 100-165 A.D.), St. Irenaeus of...
- knute: @TonyO: there was a Canadian priest a while back who had a great YouTube channel that went away (can’ ;t remember his name, but he was a great homilist). He posted his daily Mass...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I am all for dropping by and visiting the Blessed Sacrament frequently . I am fortunate to live in an area where four (4) parishes have perpetual adoration. These places...
- The Masked Chicken: Dear Loye Young, First off, I read the short biography attached to your article and I must say that I, too, am a Linux fan and I support free and open source software. I had the...
- Transportsjoie: Thank you – I will look for it!
- Volanges: glennbcnu says: Just curious if there are laws in the USA for the disturbanc e of a religious service? In Canada those disrupting a service can be charged under section 176 (2) of the...
- KateD: Father, may I suggest an addition to your list? Abolish the three days of darkness that is L. A. Congress. Most catechists I’ve encountere d are well intentione d parishione rs just...
- KateD: F W I W Sometimes one may encounter regulation s about jewelry that may cause difficulty for the wearer of a scapular. A couple of years ago as we sat waiting for our son’ s soccer...
- sthedges: Question: So, for Permanent Deacons that serve at parishes that offer both Ordinary and Extraordin ary Forms, can the Permanent Deacon perform the rite of Baptism in the Extraordin ary...
- Joe in Canada: Veterum coetibus subito! (tried to preview some html code – preview button doesn̵ 7;t work)
- loyeyoung: @Mr. Graves >” ;you don’t have to donate directly to your parish/dio cese if there are liturgical abusesR 21; It turns out that yes, we do have to contribute the tithe to our...
- Charivari Rob: On Vacation – sorely needed. Yesterday – slept in (a luxury in itself), an afternoon at Valley Forge, and wonderful dinner at a restaurant in Easton, PA on tap for today...
- JonPatrick: Recently received a copy of “Voy age to Alpha Centauri 8221;. It is so good, I end up staying up past my bedtime to read it as I can’ t put it down.
- iamlucky13: I might need to try some liturgical play at home with my 4 year old to see if it inspires some semblance of attention during Mass, rather than the constant struggle to keep him from...
- roma247: Was visiting my parents out of town and went to Mass at a perfectly dreadful modern churchR 11;you know, the kind that looks like a megachurch , with an enormous submersion font in the...
- TonyO: Gorgeous, breathtaki ng chant and the shrill screams and cries of babies, toddlers, and the occasional overtired and hungry preschoole r. All emanating from the back of the church that we...
- Julia_Augusta: After 2.5 months on holiday on various Greek islands, in Turkey and on safari in Africa, I finally ended up in a city with a TLM. I went to Confession immediatel y, and went to Mass...
- bartlep: There are so many good, orthodox religious orders to which to contribute , as well as pro-life organizati ons, Catholic organizati ons that rescue sex-traffi cked girls — so many that do...
- TonyO: I love it I love it I love it. Fr. Z is great! There is always door number 5 as well, but that is not much of a consolatio n prize. I heard its very hot in that location. I think this is...
- Kate: A daughter who received her habit on the Feast of the Assumption !
- Fr Martin Fox: I spoke about the Pew study and also included an exerpt of the Archbishop ’s letter about welcoming and assisting migrants, per his request. I connected them with St. Paul...
- hwriggles4: After seeing this video, here’ ;s a few questions for these disruptors , many who look like they graduated high school between 1963 and 1971: 1. If you have children, how many are...
- Sonshine135: There is always door number 5 as well, but that is not much of a consolatio n prize. I heard its very hot in that location.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Jesuit Thomas Reese against Transubstantiation. Wherein Fr. Z responds.
- “LaCI and Beans” back at it again! Attack US Bishops for their enthusiastic implementation of law
- PODCAzT 174 and PRAYERCAzT: The Latin of the Traditional Rite of Baptism of a Child
- Your Good News
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
- VIDEO: 1950 – Pius XII infallibly proclaims the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Shoot up in Philadelphia – cops injured. I’m a simple guy and I’m worried.
- ASK FATHER: Priest puts up scandalous “gay” flag for annual public “pride” week. Bishop: zero help.
- Your Good News
- A Black Mass in the Vatican at the time of Vatican II?
- BACK TO SCHOOL TIME?
- 14 Aug -St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, #HamRadio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media! #CQ
- It’s no surprise at all that Catholics don’t know or believe about the Eucharist. After all, worship is doctrine and we are our rites!
- A quick look at some ‘c’atholic media
- BOOK : A guide for forming Catholic gentlemen and future priests – and a mini rant.
- ASK FATHER: Am I obliged to tell an old priest about his liturgical ad libs?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Category Archives: ASK FATHER Question Box
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I want to wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest. The best way to do this is to sew a Velcro patch onto one, but would doing that be considered impious or a mistreatment of … Continue reading
ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Bishop Barron has a video reacting to the Pew Research saying that 75% of Catholics think the Blessed Sacrament is just a symbol. He talks about the failure of catechetics and educators and that social justice … Continue reading
From a seminarian… QUAERITUR: Thank you very much for everything you do on this blog. I am a seminarian and an avid reader of this blog. My seminary is orthodox, but these are difficult times in the Church and it … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Since latae sententiae excommunication is not incurred without committing a mortal sin, and acting against one’s conscience regarding something one thinks might be mortally sinful is itself a mortal sin, is excommunication incurred if one thinks … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father have you seen this recent Pew poll on how we as Catholics view the Eucharist? I’m a Youth Minister @ my Church. I can do talks till I’m blue in the face, but feel I … Continue reading
Was there a good point made in the sermon during your Mass of Sunday obligation? Let us know. Today I had the pleasure of being deacon for this morning’s Solemn Mass. One of the local priests had, at the last … Continue reading
From priest… QUAERITUR: At the moment I’m at a presbyteral retreat. When you get a bunch of priests together, you’re bound to see the whole range of liturgical “sensibilities,” leaving aside entirely the dinner table conversation… [For sure. I look … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Long time reader, first time questioner. I have a friend that will soon be getting married. On Saturday he will have a traditional Catholic Church wedding. However, on Sunday he is having a reception in which … Continue reading
From a reader on Twitter… QUAERITUR: @fatherz Thx for posting about the Taylor Marshall & Fr Nix talk which I also watched. How can we get the Baptism old rite elements supplied? My priests r unaware it’s permitted. Is there … Continue reading
UPDATE 15 July 2019: Rev. Mr. Kandra remarked at his blog about this post. He disappoints. The non-canonist deacon disagrees with the canonical arguments of the esteemed canonist Ed Peters. Fine. Kandra can state a position and attempt to defend it. So … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father, should Catholic parents even attend the wedding of their Catholic daughter to a non-Baptized man outside the Church? Unitarian, to be exact. The father is going to walk his daughter down the aisle, and Catholic … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Earlier this week, my wife attended what she thought would be a Funeral Mass for a Catholic relative, but was dismayed to find that it was merely a Liturgy of the Word service, followed by schmaltzy … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: What’s wrong with the St Louis jesuits? A Director of Music for a Latin Mass community once said that, with regards to hymns, what we sing now as traditional hymns was once new and modern at … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: If one knows the Our Father, Hail Mary & Glory Be in Latin, but one’s mind can’t translate the words directly as one prays them, is it OK to pray the rosary this way or should … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Can a deacon serve as acolyte in the Extraordinary Form Mass? Sure. If there are not enough servers for the sake of a Solemn Mass, and for some reason you have a plethora of deacons and … Continue reading