HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- The Egyptian: whats wrong, everything on that wood platform, all of it, would make a good bonfire. spirit of v2 my hintern
- Jerome Charles: Fr Martin Fox– well said. And, as a parent, how am I to know who to trust? I’m sure plenty of pedophile priests seem entirely trustworth y. If a priest was showing...
- acardnal: Concelebra tion as it should be.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Interestin g that the signature “SPQR” still continues in use!
- Diana: Wonderful! ! I love it when you travel and share. :)
- pbnelson: Wonderful pictures, Father. My family and I attended mass at Trinitas numerous times last fall, and your pictures bring back memories. I wish we were back there!
- Josephus Corvus: Jerome Charles said: This is no different than Jesus did… The big difference is that Jesus followed up with something like “Fro m now on avoid this sin so that someth...
- SanSan: HOW DEEP WILL THE DARKNESS BE?
- Semper Gumby: Eoin OBolguidhi r: Thanks for the movie recommenda tion. Good point about the god of the Koran, three examples: 113:2 Allah created evil 5:32 Note that killing for “cau sing...
- Fr Martin Fox: I read that report too, and it made me sick. As horrible as it is to read, there is something good about this report. Namely, it gives a very concrete image of what predatory ̶...
- Gregg the Obscure: it was with good reason that the civilized world referred to “the UNSPEAKABL E crime against natureR 21;. there isn’ t good reason for perversion to be mentio...
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z for the photos and travel writing. Please keep an eye out for scudos and scootas. (Mea culpa for that one Faddah.) acardnal: Sure, a travel bottle of ketchup will...
- SanSan: Time to really look at our parishes and young boys who are continuall y being “loo ked after̶ 1; by certain clergy. It’s so sad that it has come to this. Those parishione rs...
- hwriggles4: Fr Z Good job on the contraptio n for the shower. When I was a Boy Scout, we were taught to use our resources and think. You did what works. I was also glad my dad trained my broth...
- Just Some Guy: This report was highly disturbing . But it is what people need to hear to realize the severity of our current problem. This is on tape. All the other abuse over the decades, similar...
- semperficatholic: Woah!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! What a sick and twisted, evil human being. That was such an evil laugh when he thought the boy was high. He should be kept in prison for a lot longer than his...
- Credoh: Sorry Father, http://www .personal. utulsa.edu /~marc-car lson/histo ry/coin.ht ml
- Credoh: From this web page, it appears that 4 scudi are worth roughly US$500 in AD2000 money. Which makes 15 scudi equivalent to around US$1,875. That’ ;s a hefty fine alright 230; As a...
- Amerikaner: And thus the slow push we see on certain folks indicating doctrine can change over time… ;
- Gab: If God wanted a female priest He would have conferred this on the Blessed Virgin Mary. And since He didn’ ;t, QED. Are there no other more pressing issues in the Church today?!!
- iamlucky13: “Lar ge numbers of our Christians are instructed by the press and do not know how to make theologica l distinctio ns because of a lack of education in theology. “ It̵...
- RichR: Father, These posts remind me that there are beautiful things in this world. It also shows people that you aren’t a mean old curmudgeon who sits in his home hating Vatican II ;-) You seem...
- Jerome Charles: Fr. MartinR 17;s premise is wrong. There is NO room for LGBT people in the Catholic Church. They should another church, for starters 8230; I don’ t really believe that....
- Gab: Enjoying Your travelogue s, Father Z.
- deaconjohn1987: Thank you, Cardinal Müller!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- PARIS: 500 undocumented Africans stormed, seized Terminal 2 of CDG airport
- Rome Day 4: Of crashing ceilings, weeping parents, and the dust and hearts of saints
- @Church_Militant report on a twisted priest-predator has a familiar ring
- Card. Müller on deaconettes. “No.”
- Rome Day 3: Roman trash talk, perspiration, and prostitutes
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and PRIESTS who can say them
- Persecuted Fr. Kalchik responds to homosexualist Jesuit Martin
- Anniversary of a turning point in Christian history
- NEW FROM MITSUI! Our Lady Untier of Knots
- Stupid angry lib (I know, tautology) at The Atlantic against priesthood
- Rome Day 1-2: Views, fabrics and eats
- My View For Awhile: All Roads Edition
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Easter: The prayer’s very word order reveals God’s love
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: QSL Cards and some firsts
- VIDEO: Diaconate Ordination of the the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter @CSPOrd
- Donations, PayPal, alternatives, and you
- Irish Ass. of Catholic Priests in toddler meltdown mode against Francis over no women deacons
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Thursday: ZedNet, my first pile up, and remote from GITMO and… Vatican City?
- GERMANY: Pro-women’s ordination group: “We want to take Mary off her pedestal”
- What’s up at the southern border of these USA
- Lib liturgy positivists force people to stand after Communion
- Student ‘steals’ pro-life sign on camera, gets arrested, but she’s the victim!
- Benedict XVI’s recent essay is a subtle correction of Amoris laetitia ch. 8
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- NEW BOOK from Martin Mosebach – Subversive Catholicism: Papacy, Liturgy, Church
- ASK FATHER: The TLM’s Orationes Diversae and Oratio Imperata
- Historic chasuble rediviva
- MULTIPLE CMEs ARE COMING – GEOMAGNETIC STORM UNDERWAY NOW
- The shortage of priests didn’t just happen by itself, it was engineered.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Category Archives: Be The Maquis
I have now read Philip Lawler’s recent book The Smoke of Satan: How Corrupt and Cowardly Bishops Betrayed Christ, His Church, and the Faithful . . . and What Can Be Done About It. US HERE – UK HERE Here … Continue reading
Reminder. Today is a 1st Friday, the first of a new Year of Grace. Do you keep 1st Fridays in special way as the Sacred Heart of Jesus urged? Do you engage in the Saturday devotions which Our Lady asked … Continue reading
I’ve noted with interest a number of reviews of the past year regarding the Church. Not a few saw the last year as a “year from hell” or an “annus horribilis”. Sure. That’s not unfair. It was a very difficult … Continue reading
I’ve just spent a few minutes in a hard-hitting piece about The Present Crisis at Crisis. Here are a couple of outstanding paragraphs. The apostle Paul certainly saw the redemptive side of scandal and division: “For there must be factions among … Continue reading
Let’s look at the Collect for the 32nd Ordinary Sunday, keeping that Sunday, 11 Nov 2018 – the 100th anniversary of Armistice Day – is Veterans Day (observed on Monday). DONATE to the Archdiocese for Military Services! Sunday’s Collect has an antecedent … Continue reading
Today the pithily perspicacious Fr H looks at the Synod’s (“walking together”) notion about developing ways to certify Catholic blogs to avoid “fake news”. He wrote along the lines of what I wrote HERE. He also wrote: We seem … Continue reading
St. Joseph’s Apprentice has made beautiful, practical portable altars for me and for many priests. I have called his portable altars “the ultimate gift for a priest”. I have one that I can travel with, using a Pelican case, that … Continue reading
What I am about to post, read carefully. Over the last few months I have been contacted by diocesan priests (and a religious) who were being sent by their bishops (superior) to be “evaluated” at one of these psych clinics … Continue reading
Well-organized and highly motivated Team Francis has rallied the MSM and circled their obfuscating wagons around their base camp position: It’s not about homosexuality, it’s clericalism. THAT’s the problem! Clericalism… clericalism… clericalism. Their other tactic is to distract with the good, … Continue reading
A priest friend of mine sent a link to a piece at his site: Padre Peregrino. I think he over estimates the number of priests who are homosexual. However, I will agree that the percentage is probably higher among bishops … Continue reading
This is the season of First Holy Masses. For example, on Saturday 30 June, I will be helping as Assistant Priest with the First Mass of a newly ordained priest to be celebrated in the presence of the bishop (coram … Continue reading
Every once in a while, like the occasional blooming of the giant Amorphophallus titanum, or corpse flower, some government entity attempts to criminalize the practice of our Faith. The latest rotting-flesh blossom occurred inCanberra, Australia. On 7 June the Australian Capital Territory’s Legislative … Continue reading
No young person wants to follow an uncertain trumpet. Here is a good video to rise to as the morning gets underway. Actor Jim Caviezel speaking at Stuebenville. Posted at LifeSite. ¡Hagan lío!
At the newish blog LAJ, Shawn Tribe has a good post about boldness in regard to some traditional vesture and other items of yore. In the 60s Paul VI abolished quite a lot of good things. That was a mistake. … Continue reading