Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Benedict Joseph: “Tra pped” ; in the priesthood . That lad appears to be trapped in self-decep tion and a lack of faith. I honestly can’ t believe that anyone could utter such a...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Bottom of the post.
- GregB: You can apply this argument to the whole Church. When a person enters into the Church they commit themselves to the New Covenant ratified in ChristR 17;s Blood. Our membership in the...
- Ave Crux: Is there a link to the video, or am I missing it in the article? I could use something edifying right now… . Thank you.
- JustaSinner: Served breifly as 56M, chaplains assistant. My chaplain was DEVOTE Southern Baptist and didn’t much care for Catholicis m. However, he understood that he could not change my beliefs...
- Legisperitus: The chaplain makes a good point about “no rights without duties. 221; It can even be said that our rights stem from our duties. We only have the right to the things we need...
- Akita: Yes, the part about “dead eyes” is telling. When the Democrats champion the unfettered murder of humans in utero they have not only dead eyes but deadened souls. Lord Have Mercy on our dying...
- MrsAnchor: ? That’s fantastic& #8230; Wish there had always been more of those valiant men around.
- acardnal: Let’ s not forget the dramatic win on this date last year (2018) when the Women̵ 7;s Olympic Hockey Team beat their archrivals , the Canadians, for Olympic Gold in a shooto...
- rcg: Hooah! Now I understand why they don’t let priests carry weapons in combat. The other side deserves a chance.
- bobbird: Gary Ross, a NoDak & Bemidji State hockey star, was a member of the 1976 team which just missed a Bronze Medal. He was the last defenseman cut by Herb Brooks. Herb told him to play in...
- Ellen: You aren’ ;t the only one. The movie about it – Miracle is very good too.
- Mariana2: Spiritus sancti gratia illuminet sensus et corda vestra?
- Fr. Kelly: Al Capone was not released from prison when his syphillis became advanced leaving him non compos
- Imrahil: Dear Justalurki ngfool, let’ s not speak about “bei ng raised differentl y”, as the behavioris ts do. Being Catholics, let us speak of objective principles . Object...
- Mariana2: I’ve been staring at that text. …gra tia illuminat semperR 30;?
- Fr. Kelly: I’m the one who raised the question here of McCarrick being in dementia, but I am not wholly convinced of it. The extraordin ary act of rehabilita ting Ernest Cardenal on the same...
- Charles E Flynn: @Charivari Rob, This article does a better job than most of explaining why, although the plane was going 801 mph with respect to the ground, it was not going that fast with the...
- Fr. Jim B: Just received my copy today. It brought a tear to my eye. Why did we ever toss out such beauty and forsake such spiritual potency? I’ll put it to use as often as I can. Step by...
- Lux de Coelo: Well done Br Edmund. You’ve solved my mystery
- Liz: Prayers, Father. I forgot about your injuries. We will be praying for you and all of the priests we know and can think of tonight with Fr. Heilman 217;s 54-day novena and the Litany for...
- Semper Gumby: God bless those men. May they be victorious in battle, and may their shot groups be tight. “And they rose early in the morning, and went out through the desert of Thecua: and as...
- Amerikaner: Just. Plain. Awesome!
- aiello01: The fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23, which comes from the Holy Spirit, is the only thing in Christiani ty that contains the solution for lack of control. It contains peace and...
- Kathleen10: That is so beautiful and so inspiring. God bless them and keep them.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Blog maintenance underway now and for some time to come
- Archbishop Viganò to participants in the Rome “summit” #PBC2019
- Military chaplain reacts to whiny “gay” priests
- 22 February 1980: Miracle on Ice
- My View For Awhile: Rapid Western Strike – RETURN TRIP
- Bob Hope makes insightful observation
- These, ladies and gentlemen, are men.
- Mighty St. Thérèse, victim of “fake news” and the cruelty of libs
- New book from Card. Sarah
- Open Letter From Cardinals Burke and Brandmüller to Conferences of Bishops: “The plague of the homosexual agenda has been spread within the Church”
- Fr. Finigan @FatherTF and the importance of memorization
- During the Rome “summit” we celebrate the Feast of St Peter Damian, Doctor of the Church
- Rome abuse “summit”, an SSPX video, and an @fatherz Jeremiad
- The Rome “summit”, “gay” priests, and #sodoclericalism – Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr. Rutler’s Weekly Column
- BOOK RECEIVED: 1962 Parish Ritual – HUZZAH!
- Archbp. Viganò offers thoughts on The Present Crisis before the Rome “Summit”
- Suffering and attacks on the Church’s “Eldest Daughter”
- Mister McCarrick
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Shiny little fish!
- Interesting observation by @CCPecknold about laicization of McCarrick
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: PRE-LENT BEGINS!
- Of Flaring Suns and Starry Nights
- A quick book plug: A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament
- Opportunity: R.I.P.
- POLL: Prayers after Mass
- “Know also this, that, in the last days, shall come dangerous times.”
- Do you know priests who are struggling, under attack? Terrific movement: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Movement in the causes of Bl. John Henry Newman and Card. József Mindszenty
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Bp. Robert Morlino
Last night a Solemn Requiem Mass was celebrated at Pine Bluff, WI, at St. Mary’s Church for the repose of the soul of the Extraordinary Ordinary… who shall wear that mantle in the future?… His Excellency, Most Rev. Robert C. … Continue reading
Remember: The passing of Bp. Morlino, and his replacement, is being closely watched around the world. Some people have asked me if a video of the funeral of the late Bishop Morlino is available. Right now, yes. HERE I would … Continue reading
There are some good web pieces available about the funeral Mass of the late, great Extraordinary Ordinary, Bp. Robert Morlino of Madison. One of the better is at CWR. [UPDATE: Nothing at Fishwrap. There is, however, a piece by Jesuit … Continue reading
Last night I attended a Vespers service held to pray for the soul of Bp. Morlino. A former Vicar General of Madison, now Bp. of Sioux Falls, Most Rev. Paul J. Swain presided and preached. There were many people whom … Continue reading
EWTN on Raymond Arroyo’s The World Over has a tribute to Bp Morlino.
I will keep saying it. The passing and replacement of Bp. Robert Morlino is an important moment for the Church in the USA, particularly in light of The Present Crisis. The Diocese of Madison has a page with links to … Continue reading
The passing of Bp. Morlino – and the naming of his successor – is an important moment for the Church in the USA, particularly in light of The Present Crisis. There has been quite a bit of even international coverage … Continue reading
I keep coming back to the passing of Bp. Morlino, and not merely because of my personal connection. The passing of Bp. Morlino – and the naming of his successor – is an important moment for the Church in the … Continue reading
This was gracious. From the US site of the SSPX. Bp. Robert Morlino, Brave Defender of the Traditional Mass, Passes Away Bishop Morlino of the Madison, WI diocese, passed away Saturday evening last, after a sudden “cardiac event,” shocking traditionally-minded … Continue reading
The funeral for Bp. Morlino will be on 4 December. He will be buried immediately after the funeral in Madison’s Resurrection cemetery. It was Bp. Morlino’s desire to provide the city and diocese with a new Cathedral church once again, … Continue reading
I am deeply moved by all the emails I have received after the too early passing of Bp. Robert Morlino of Madison, the Extraordinary Ordinary (the ExO). People have written from all over the world. They sense that this is … Continue reading
Two recent pieces about the late, great Extraordinary Ordinary, Bishop Robert C. Morlino of Madison, tell you a great deal about the man, who was misunderstood by many – purposely in the case of quite a few. First, there is … Continue reading
The death of Bp. Morlino of Madison has had the effect of demonstrating that he truly deserved the nickname The Extraordinary Ordinary. I have received a flood of emails and text messages from all over the world expressing sorrow at … Continue reading
From the Diocese of Madison It is my sad duty to inform you of the death of Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison. Bishop Morlino died tonight, Saturday, November 24th, at approximately 9:15 pm at St. Mary Hospital in Madison … Continue reading
Quickly, some photos from tonight’s Pontifical Requiem Mass celebrated for the deceased priests and bishops of the Diocese of Madison. The Extraordinary Ordinary, Bp. Morlino, celebrated the Mass and did the absolution of the catafalque.