Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- frjim4321 said [It doesn’t surprise me that you react in this way...
- Gratias said Thank you Father Z for this teaching.
- acardnal said . . .or “preparatory”
- acardnal said “Predatory” should read prepatory abov...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said Ultimately, I think the true goal is elimination o...
- acardnal said The diocesan newspaper here has been printing a se...
- gracie said Every Synod needs a patron saint! St. John the Ba...
- jm said Frank Sheed’s translation counts Peter Kreef...
- robtbrown said FrAnt says: When will progressives realize that 10...
- frjim4321 said “Ultimately, I think the true goal is elimination...
- acardnal said The pre-synod seminars and conferences occurring i...
- FrAnt said When will progressives realize that 100% of their...
- Cajetan said So from this “catholic” publication we...
- IoannesPetrus said So—especially as DonL brings up the significance o...
- DonL said Gosh, todays readings about John the Baptist being...
- pray4truth said Not to detract from the whole article, Fr. Z, but...
- lmgilbert said “There must be factions among you in order t...
- Scott W. said “Reducing abortions” is code, and not...
- KAS said Ah yes, put the Nazi’s in charge of saving J...
- Tricia said It has ALWAYS been about getting to the children.
- taffymycat said there is a petition is for the very reason that P...
- taffymycat said NAMBLA is demonic; all this stuff leads to pedophi...
- Ms. M-S said I’ll try to be first in line for the Laffitt...
- DonL said Meanwhile, researches from top Catholic universiti...
- Tony Phillips said Re: Dr E. Peters (3.30 am): ‘all that stuff...
- Animadversor said Bishop Laffitte was appointed by the Holy Father t...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Polygamy is the logical extension of “anyone...
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family | Fr. Z's Blog said […] The “sequel” to the Five Cardinals Book™...
- Matthew said Do they always turn comments off over the weekend...
- Dr. Edward Peters said I read and enjoyed Ryan’s decades ago, but k...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Down with pews! Away with them! (104)
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – DX SUCCESS! (91)
- What is this thing? No, really! What is this? (57)
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service? (34)
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants. (33)
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies? (30)
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope? (25)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (24)
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then… (23)
- Even For Fishwrap a new low (19)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS – 14th Sunday after Pentecost: healths, hands and the finger
- Confused about Pope Francis? You have company!
- He’s back! Fr. Byers returns from silence
- Diminishing Returns: Feast of the Beheading of John the Baptist
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family
- Even For Fishwrap a new low
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then…
- Huge petition askes Pope Francis for clarity about marriage
- How St. Augustine came to be in Hippo
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- The Bones of St. Augustine
- St. Monnica avoided alcoholism
- ACTION ITEM REMINDER: Birettas for Seminarians
- St. Monnica: “put my body anywhere”
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences
- Pope John Paul – The Pope People Forget To Remember
- ASK FATHER: What documents are needed for us to marry?
- Down with pews! Away with them!
- ASK FATHER: Does a declaration of nullity mean a marriage never existed?
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies?
- My View For Awhile: Drought Edition
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service?
- Guess what Gospel reading is on the Sunday during the Synod.
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST
- Sept-Nov 2015: Relics of St. Maria Goretti in these USA!
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope?
- WDTPRS – 13th Sunday after Pentecost: “E ‘n la sua volontade è nostra pace!”
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: CDF
The reporter from the Fishwrap has produced a photo from last nights doings. I should share this. Standing above the Great Swirly, this is Sr. Lourdes Leal, a Sister of Divine Providence and chair of LCWR Region 12. Just like the Bishops … Continue reading
Here are a few points of interest concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges. My patented emphases and comments. First, see the comments of Phil Lawler: So now is it ‘hate speech’ to deplore the Obergefell decision? The ink was barely dry … Continue reading
Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
A priest friend sent me some notes in response to my posting HERE of the CDF’s 2003 document: Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons. His points are worth sharing. I’ll edit a bit: 1. Saint Charles … Continue reading
Everyone should review something that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith’s document from 2003 called: Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons INTRODUCTION 1. In recent years, various questions relating to homosexuality have … Continue reading
At the conclusion of the CDF investigation of the LCWR, it is interesting to watch the conga line dance threading its delirious way through the liberal catholic MSM led by Fishwrap‘s Tom Fox, AP‘s (not catholic, but liberal) Nicole Winfield and Rachel Zoll, Commonweal‘s … Continue reading
There is some speculation about what may be said on 16 December in Rome about the Apostolic Visitation that was conducted of communities of women religious in these USA by the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of … Continue reading
UPDATED: 14 Nov: ORIGINAL Published on: Nov 13, 2014 At the French language site L’Homme Nouveau there is an interesting post about a question a priest posed to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. He asked the Congregation: «Un confesseur … Continue reading
Apparently one of the Francis Effects is “apertura”, “an opening up … openness”. I have suggested elsewhere on this blog, and not too long ago, that Pope Francis could be the one to show TLC to the traditional side. Benedict … Continue reading
Robert Mickens, recently fired by The Pill (aka The Tablet – HERE), has a column at The Fishwrap (aka The National Schismatic Reporter). I think I predicted that Mickens would drift over to The Pill’s North American counterpart. Fishwrap is surely looking for … Continue reading
At The Catholic Thing, Anthony Esolen has a great dialogue, I use the word a little loosely, which typifies much of what the LCWR is doing in the face of the CDF’s guidance. Let’s have a look at a little … Continue reading