BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING?
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- iamlucky13 said @ Sword40 “The video is good but I’m not sur...
- trespinos said Ah, the memories. St. James was my home parish fro...
- benedetta said I guess PostCatholic has access to some special in...
- benedetta said I don’t make any podcasts, PostCatholic. In...
- Hoover said To Sword40: My wife and I have been planning to ma...
- Paul Young said Thanks be to God for the progress! I suppose it...
- Gerard Plourde said The ball remains, as it has Since Pope Benedict...
- PostCatholic said Perhaps I was. I urge you to make as many podcasts...
- NBW said If SSPX has to be subject to the likes of Weurl an...
- Henry Edwards said “If the Ordinary Form succeeds to the extent that...
- Geoffrey said @acricketchirps: A personal prelature is basically...
- DavidJ said Mary, Undoer of Knots, please pray for this!
- AlexandraNW said I am deeply touched. And in awe of today’s...
- acricketchirps said Wow! How can I get a personal prelature? BTW, what...
- Sword40 said To Hoover; I attend the FSSP parish in Tacoma, St....
- Sword40 said Yes, Fr. Harris is very sympathetic to tradition....
- benedetta said PostCatholic, wow. Thanks for the loving solidari...
- Sixupman said I have this very evening heard Mass it beig an NOM...
- IloveJesus said I love this! I’ve been asking for years why...
- APX said I often wonder what would have happened to the Chu...
- Hoover said Living in the Archdiocese of Seattle (AKA Archdioc...
- Kathleen10 said What a blessing, to get that today! Thank you Car...
- Y2Y said “Yesterday I saw a young man with his cellph...
- capchoirgirl said Wow! How beautiful!
- Semper Gumby said God Bless Card. Burke and Fr. Z.
- Andrew said Looks like the current ICEL translation is based o...
- Semper Gumby said Beverly Stevens, Regina editor, wrote: “In 2...
- excalibur said Dear bethv: Do not use the term ‘Islam’...
- Clinton R. said Thanks to His Eminence for this greeting and thank...
- un-ionized said Hidden One, what you describe sounds a lot like mi...
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Will SSPX get Personal Prelature? Could be, but obstacles remain.
- VIDEO: Ordinary Form Mass very much in the Roman style
- ASK FATHER: Are your podcasts on iTunes?
- WDTPRS – 18th Ordinary Sunday: cold, clear reality
- 1 August – Madison, WI – Pontifical Requiem at the Throne, “Month’s Mind”
- Wherein Card. Burke greets YOU, the readers of Fr. Z’s Blog
- The ULTIMATE GIFT for a priest revisited: Portable altar from St. Joseph’s Apprentice
- “Sandwiched between two forms of dhimmitude: Koran or Agenda-driven”
- Card. Burke’s new book: Hope for the World – To Unite All Things in Christ
- 27 July: Canon Law Conference – Speculum Iustitiae
- “The shortcut to handling the crisis is to deny that it exists.”
- Bp. Paprocki speaks up about Pope Francis’ remarks on marriage
- 26 July: Canon Law Conference – Speculum Iustitiae
- Two attackers take hostages in French church, slit priest’s throat
- BRICK BY BRICK: A Communion rail restored in a major, historic church
- Who is Sen. Tim Kaine as a Catholic?
- Your Good News
- Z-SWAG: HOLY MASS – TURN TOWARDS THE LORD AGAIN!
- Wherein Fr. Z becomes a fan of the Samoan Rugby Team
- SILENT NO LONGER: A priest speaks out!
- Mike Piazza – Baseball Hall of Fame Speech: “…the greatest gift a mother could give a child, the gift of my Catholic Faith.”
- Latin. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Saturday: Zuhlsdorf’s Law isn’t finished with me yet, CW, and Echolink
- Feminist v. Christian
- WDTPRS – 10th Sunday after Pentecost: Mercy does not mean turning a blind eye to Justice
- The blog, donations and you.
- GIRM WARS: Another front opens in Iowa
- Card. Burke on Islam and our choices for the future
- WDTPRS – 17th Ordinary Sunday: Sin-Teflon and Demon-Kevlar
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Tag Archives: CDF
The reporter from the Fishwrap has produced a photo from last nights doings. I should share this. Standing above the Great Swirly, this is Sr. Lourdes Leal, a Sister of Divine Providence and chair of LCWR Region 12. Just like the Bishops … Continue reading
Here are a few points of interest concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges. My patented emphases and comments. First, see the comments of Phil Lawler: So now is it ‘hate speech’ to deplore the Obergefell decision? The ink was barely dry … Continue reading
Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
A priest friend sent me some notes in response to my posting HERE of the CDF’s 2003 document: Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons. His points are worth sharing. I’ll edit a bit: 1. Saint Charles … Continue reading
Everyone should review something that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith’s document from 2003 called: Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons INTRODUCTION 1. In recent years, various questions relating to homosexuality have … Continue reading
At the conclusion of the CDF investigation of the LCWR, it is interesting to watch the conga line dance threading its delirious way through the liberal catholic MSM led by Fishwrap‘s Tom Fox, AP‘s (not catholic, but liberal) Nicole Winfield and Rachel Zoll, Commonweal‘s … Continue reading
There is some speculation about what may be said on 16 December in Rome about the Apostolic Visitation that was conducted of communities of women religious in these USA by the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of … Continue reading
UPDATED: 14 Nov: ORIGINAL Published on: Nov 13, 2014 At the French language site L’Homme Nouveau there is an interesting post about a question a priest posed to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. He asked the Congregation: «Un confesseur … Continue reading
Apparently one of the Francis Effects is “apertura”, “an opening up … openness”. I have suggested elsewhere on this blog, and not too long ago, that Pope Francis could be the one to show TLC to the traditional side. Benedict … Continue reading
Robert Mickens, recently fired by The Pill (aka The Tablet – HERE), has a column at The Fishwrap (aka The National Schismatic Reporter). I think I predicted that Mickens would drift over to The Pill’s North American counterpart. Fishwrap is surely looking for … Continue reading
At The Catholic Thing, Anthony Esolen has a great dialogue, I use the word a little loosely, which typifies much of what the LCWR is doing in the face of the CDF’s guidance. Let’s have a look at a little … Continue reading
Card. Müller, when addressing the LCWR nuns, spoke about problems with their Faith. He was not being political. He was not picking on them as “women”. Card. Müller was effectively asking them: Do you want to be Catholic? What the nuns … Continue reading
This is big. From the site of the CDF. This is pretty much self-explanatory. Just read it through. CONTEXT: Remember that the nuns were trying to spin what the US bishops and the CDF were, and are, doing as payback … Continue reading
Here is some cheery news. It is cheery in that the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith is doing its job diligently and that justice has been done and that the Faith has been defended. It is sad news, … Continue reading
From The Catholic Thing. My emphases and comments. Fidelity – to Spouses and Christ’s Words By Fr. Gerald Murray [A good friend… Fr. Murray, J.C.D., is pastor of Holy Family Church, New York, NY, and a canon lawyer.] [QUAERITUR…] Is the … Continue reading
There is a fear among some people with whom I converse that Pope Francis might undercut Roman curial congregations and devolve authority to regional conferences of bishops. I am all for subsidiarity. That said, some things just don’t work well … Continue reading