- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- mtmajor said For work, any work; we don’t want to lose ou...
- VexillaRegis said Please pray for My dear friend M, a wife and mothe...
- AnnTherese said Rant on gay marriage. Would like to hear the Churc...
- Allan S. said Requesting prayers for: Conversion of MSS Salvatio...
- Paul M. said Please pray for my friend, that her current job si...
- Sandy said Please pray for my grandson, G. My daughter is wor...
- bkerns07 said Fr. Z– What edition of Newman’s poems...
- DumSpiroSpero said I am praying all the intentions listed, and I pray...
- Elizabeth D said Praying for all these intentions.
- aviva meriam said For J: that he either Find a better job or that hi...
- SaintJude6 said For me to accept my most recent miscarriage as bei...
- Sliwka said For the conversion of my wife
- MrsMacD said For S who needs a better home. For A who’s m...
- Mike said For the Brother Rector of the lay Brothers of the...
- TawdryPenitent said I ask for prayers for my beautiful granddaughter w...
- Mariana2 said Very happy to pray for everyone posting here. Plea...
- knute said I have a close family member whose marriage is in...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said For our daily bread. We’ve been praying to t...
- Supertradmum said For my continued housing need which is only tempor...
- Bridget said May Almighty God assist our family of 7 secure hou...
- Grumpy Beggar said As much as I admire Blessed John Henry NewmanR...
- jameeka said Sometimes we “must be cruel to be kind”...
- TNCath said For my dear girls who have rejected or left the Fa...
- Giuseppe said Was the Fortune Cookie in honor of Justice Scalia&...
- Daniel W said robtbrown: No, you said “(More)said that Hen...
- Spade said My dad’s having heart surgery on Wednesday,...
- Giuseppe said This passage from Elgar’s, The Dream of Gero...
- vandalia said @catholicservant The issue is that once someone is...
- stephen c said The Pillar of the Cloud sounds like a good book...
- iPadre said I gave three points for dealing with the same-sex...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- 07/07/07 – “dust off the censer, and toss out the bong”
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: reading edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 6th Sunday after Pentecost – zeal and mercy
- ASK FATHER: Priest who baptizes any baby brought to him
- ASK FATHER: Same-sex confusion, false understanding of marriage, and nullity
- Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday – UPDATED – Echolink use
- WDTPRS 14th Ordinary Sunday – from dust to freedom
- Excommunication of same-sex ‘marriage’ Catholic SCOTUS Justices for Heresy
- ASK FATHER: Sunday obligation and career conflicts
- UPDATE REVIEW: The ULTIMATE Priest’s Gift – Super Cool Portable Altar
- Minnesota: Extraordinary Form with preaching in Spanish
- Something to amuse
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: CDF
Here are a few points of interest concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges.
My patented emphases and comments.
First, see the comments of Phil Lawler:
So now is it ‘hate speech’ to deplore the Obergefell decision?
The ink was barely dry on last week’s Supreme … Continue reading
Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
A priest friend sent me some notes in response to my posting HERE of the CDF’s 2003 document: Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons.
His points are worth sharing. I’ll edit a bit:
1. Saint Charles Lwanga and … Continue reading
Everyone should review something that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith’s document from 2003 called:
Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons
1. In recent years, various questions relating to homosexuality have been addressed with … Continue reading
At the conclusion of the CDF investigation of the LCWR, it is interesting to watch the conga line dance threading its delirious way through the liberal catholic MSM led by Fishwrap‘s Tom Fox, AP‘s (not catholic, but liberal) Nicole Winfield and Rachel Zoll, Commonweal‘s … Continue reading
There is some speculation about what may be said on 16 December in Rome about the Apostolic Visitation that was conducted of communities of women religious in these USA by the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of … Continue reading
UPDATED: 14 Nov: ORIGINAL Published on: Nov 13, 2014
At the French language site L’Homme Nouveau there is an interesting post about a question a priest posed to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. He asked the Congregation:
«Un confesseur peut-il donner … Continue reading
Apparently one of the Francis Effects is “apertura”, “an opening up … openness”.
I have suggested elsewhere on this blog, and not too long ago, that Pope Francis could be the one to show TLC to the traditional side. Benedict XVI … Continue reading
Robert Mickens, recently fired by The Pill (aka The Tablet – HERE), has a column at The Fishwrap (aka The National Schismatic Reporter). I think I predicted that Mickens would drift over to The Pill’s North American counterpart. Fishwrap is surely looking for … Continue reading
At The Catholic Thing, Anthony Esolen has a great dialogue, I use the word a little loosely, which typifies much of what the LCWR is doing in the face of the CDF’s guidance. Let’s have a look at a little … Continue reading
Card. Müller, when addressing the LCWR nuns, spoke about problems with their Faith. He was not being political. He was not picking on them as “women”.
Card. Müller was effectively asking them: Do you want to be Catholic?
What the nuns are into … Continue reading